Windows 10: After typing in my PIN to log on my computer, instead of the desktop, I only see black...

Discus and support After typing in my PIN to log on my computer, instead of the desktop, I only see black... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don’t know if this is an appropriate place to post this but I am using window 10, normally after typing in the PIN, I will get to see my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andrew_hihi, Apr 24, 2020.

1. After typing in my PIN to log on my computer, instead of the desktop, I only see black...

I don’t know if this is an appropriate place to post this but I am using window 10, normally after typing in the PIN, I will get to see my desktop (background image with apps on it) but now I just get a black screen. My mouse is still usable but that’s all, no apps, no setting, just the mouse and black screen. What should I do ?

submitted by /u/andrew_hihi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/andrew_hihi, Apr 24, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 24, 2020
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Apr 24, 2020
  4. After typing in my PIN to log on my computer, instead of the desktop, I only see black...

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

After typing in my PIN to log on my computer, instead of the desktop, I only see black...

1. After typing in my PIN to log on my computer, instead of the desktop, I only see black... - Similar Threads - typing PIN log

2. Can only log in with pin instead of email password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only log in with pin instead of email password: I have windows 10 on a laptop and windows 10 and then updated to 11 on a desktop. On the laptop I've always been able to login windows with a pin, finger print or email password. The desktop doesn't have a finger print reader so I understand why there' no option for that, but...
  3. Can only log in with pin instead of email password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can only log in with pin instead of email password: I have windows 10 on a laptop and windows 10 and then updated to 11 on a desktop. On the laptop I've always been able to login windows with a pin, finger print or email password. The desktop doesn't have a finger print reader so I understand why there' no option for that, but...
  4. Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN: I log into my computer each morning with the same password. This morning the computer asked me to enter a PIN. I assumed this was another way of asking again for my password, since I have never created a PIN, just a password. I tried to access the computer several times in...
  5. Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN

Logging into my desktop computer without having created a PIN: I log into my computer each morning with the same password. This morning the computer asked me to enter a PIN. I assumed this was another way of asking again for my password, since I have never created a PIN, just a password. I tried to access the computer several times in...
  6. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after I type in my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen with cursor after I type in my pin: Hi I was downloading GTA 5 mods and once I tried to start up gta after applying the modsnot sure if I was doing it correctly it was my first time. My screen went black for a long time. I decided to power off my pc by clicking off my power supply button. I booted back up and...
  7. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after I type in my pin

Windows 10 black screen with cursor after I type in my pin: Hi I was downloading GTA 5 mods and once I tried to start up gta after applying the modsnot sure if I was doing it correctly it was my first time. My screen went black for a long time. I decided to power off my pc by clicking off my power supply button. I booted back up and...
  8. Windows 10 black screen with cursor after I type in my pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. I cannot log into my computer. It is asking for PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot log into my computer. It is asking for PIN: I cannot log into my computer. It is asking for PIN how do i reset a pin if i m not logged in and cannot go to settings [ATTACH] * Moved from Windows Essentials/WLM * OS not specified...
  10. MY COMPUTER IS SHOWING A BLACK SCREEN INSTEAD OF A LOGIN SCREEN AFTER LOGGING OFF!!!!!!!!!!...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    MY COMPUTER IS SHOWING A BLACK SCREEN INSTEAD OF A LOGIN SCREEN AFTER LOGGING OFF!!!!!!!!!!...: I tried to log off my computer and a black screen is shown instead of the logon screen, I get shocked because of that scary black screen and I hold the power button to turn it off and later, I tap the power button to turn it on and Windows started normally on my computer....