Windows 10: After unexpectedly losing everything on my laptop after Windows 10 crashed and refused to...

Discus and support After unexpectedly losing everything on my laptop after Windows 10 crashed and refused to... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've seen several other posts about people upgrading to Windows 10, but I don't know if that applies to me because I'm not upgrading and I didn't wipe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SheriWilson, Apr 30, 2019.

1. After unexpectedly losing everything on my laptop after Windows 10 crashed and refused to...

I've seen several other posts about people upgrading to Windows 10, but I don't know if that applies to me because I'm not upgrading and I didn't wipe everything out on purpose. On a whim the week before this happened, I did use Window Recovery Key, but I've never used it before and it was still on my hard drive when my system crashed. My external hard drive has all but the last 6 months, but it's still MIA after our move and I need my laptop for work, so I'm hoping someone will know how to fix the issues I'm having now.

Anyway, so I've managed to reinstall the major things I need for work except for MS Office, which has been a major issue, especially since Microsoft wouldn't help me, saying they give people three copies of the software to account for system crashes and/or switching computers and that I'd have to buy it again if I wanted it back on my computer. I'm not sure if there's a way to take one of the Word or Excel attachments out of my email and save them to my computer like I did back in the day, but at this point, it won't even let me open them because I don't have Office installed. Similarly, but more trivial, is that I've been unable to change most of my settings, including my laptop name, since restarting it and I'm not sure why that is. I've also had over 1,000 assorted event errors pop out in the last week, ranging from, "There was an error while applying setting unit 2A8116464D0B63C109839F08B0782A6DAA3784E9 for roaming collection Windows-Credentials. The specified data could not be decrypted," to "Session "P2PLog" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035," and "Session "NegoLog" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035", "TCP/IP has chosen to restrict the congestion window for several connections due to a network condition. This could be related to a problem in the TCP global or supplemental configuration and will cause degraded throughput," and "The Interactive Services Detection service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 67 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 180000 milliseconds: Restart the service." That last one has accounted for about half of all the errors.

If anyone can help me figure these things out, I'd be forever grateful! There are a few other simple tasks that I can't perform and I'm not sure if it's because of the above mentioned errors, but I don't want to keep messing around trying to force this thing to do what it's supposed to just to have it do the exact opposite again. Thanks again for any insight anyone might have to point me in the right direction!!

Sheri

:)

SheriWilson, Apr 30, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 30, 2019
  4. After unexpectedly losing everything on my laptop after Windows 10 crashed and refused to...

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

After unexpectedly losing everything on my laptop after Windows 10 crashed and refused to...

1. After unexpectedly losing everything on my laptop after Windows 10 crashed and refused to... - Similar Threads - unexpectedly losing everything

2. Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update: My laptop mouse, touchpad, keyboard, programs, apps and startup lags after Windows 10 update. The mouse and touchpad cursor lags across the screen. And when my laptop starts ups, apps start up or programs start up the half circle that spins lags. So laptop lags on startup,...
  3. Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update: My laptop mouse, touchpad, keyboard, programs, apps and startup lags after Windows 10 update. The mouse and touchpad cursor lags across the screen. And when my laptop starts ups, apps start up or programs start up the half circle that spins lags. So laptop lags on startup,...
  4. Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ASUS Laptop unexpectedly crashes, and goes into a boot loop after

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ASUS Laptop unexpectedly crashes, and goes into a boot loop after: Hi! I bought this ASUS laptop on the last week of August. It is an ASUS FX95GT. Its weird because somewhere within the last week of October, this problem started happening out of nowhere. The screen suddenly glitches, freezes, and is unable to respond to anything. The only...
  6. After windows 10 update my laptop crashed

After windows 10 update my laptop crashed: I have never had any issues with Windows 10, best ever but since I updated my windows 10, September 2020 my HP laptop crashed so badly I cannot recover it even with a recovery USB drive! The screen is always black and there is no response when I log in....
  7. System is crashing unexpectedly with BSOD after upgrading the RAM for my laptop

System is crashing unexpectedly with BSOD after upgrading the RAM for my laptop: I upgraded my hp 15-ac-122-tu notebook’s RAM a few days ago. Everything was fine until I found a bug that caused BSODIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and several other messages and made the laptop hard to boot. Apparently, the BSOD appeared: When the screen is turned off. When...
  8. Everything crashes after the Windows 10 1809 update!

Everything crashes after the Windows 10 1809 update!: After the October update that my PC did every game that is a bit heavy to process crashes when I try to open it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-crashes-after-the-windows-10-1809/b6e969cb-798f-4863-88d9-0df28dd594b9
  9. An active window lose focus unexpectedly after few minutes

An active window lose focus unexpectedly after few minutes: I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1803. I recently did a reinstall of Google Chrome as it was behaving strangely. From then (I think) I'm losing focus from an active window suddenly. A program is stealing the focus from my active window. I've run Microsoft Safety Scanner and nothing...
  10. My laptop crashed after installing windows 10 but after a month

My laptop crashed after installing windows 10 but after a month: my laptop nameCresia ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. X551MA Serial #: E5N0CX006715187 Windows 10 Core (10.0.10240.16590) my computer crashed brings up Recovery file:\ BCD Error code: Oxc0000034 then goes to Aptio setup utility screen. i signed in as administrator and added passwords...