Windows 10: after uninstalling a security patch, another patch install automatically

Discus and support after uninstalling a security patch, another patch install automatically in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i'm using windows 10 with 1903 version. I installed one security patch KB4551762 to fix SMB issue, but due to some reason, I have to uninstall it the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelYao1, May 8, 2020.

1. after uninstalling a security patch, another patch install automatically

i'm using windows 10 with 1903 version. I installed one security patch KB4551762 to fix SMB issue, but due to some reason, I have to uninstall it the other day. after I uninstall it and reboot the system, then login the system as usual, then find there is any update installed automatically, it's KB4501375. that's surprise me, because I already block the "Windows update" on the system, means I will not get any new updates unless I manually do it. so how the update KB4501375 came in after uninstall the KB4551762? any ideas?

:)

MichaelYao1, May 8, 2020
  2. unobreezy Win User

Unable to uninstall the KB4532695 Patch

This patched messed up 2 Lenovo computers and their internet connection. Once it was determined that this install was the cause of the issue I uninstall the patch from one of the computers but when I tried to uninstall from the second one, we received a
    message that not all of the patch was removed.

What are the steps that I need to take to get this removed as this is a gaming computer that is now out of commission.

unobreezy, May 8, 2020
  3. Apple patches over two dozen security holes in recent patch.

Mac OS X 10 has recently been the subject of tons of security testing. To patch most of the findings of those tests, Apple has released a security update. The update patches irPort, Apple Type Services, Finder, Installer, Security Framework, VPN, and several web services. A full list of notes regarding this patch can be found here, and you can get the patch here.

Source: The Register

zekrahminator, May 8, 2020
  4. after uninstalling a security patch, another patch install automatically

How to uninstall updates and patches in Windows 10

This only helps temporarily... until Windows 10 forces the same patch to be installed within 24 hours. If there is a reason to uninstall a patch, how do we stop the patch from being automatically reinstalled?

Glenn_1969, May 8, 2020
Thema:

after uninstalling a security patch, another patch install automatically

1. after uninstalling a security patch, another patch install automatically - Similar Threads - uninstalling security patch

2. patch installation failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    patch installation failed: unable to install below patches on windows machine manually please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/patch-installation-failed/20a33561-4dd3-4f4f-9520-ef9fce00b071
  3. patch installation failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    patch installation failed: unable to install below patches on windows machine manually please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/patch-installation-failed/20a33561-4dd3-4f4f-9520-ef9fce00b071
  4. patch installation failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Patch installation time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Patch installation time.: How to find patch installation start and end time?If we push many patches through SCCM if the client system starts to install all the patches or it will take one by one. If it takes one by one means How it will take first patch to install.Thanks,K.mahendran....
  6. Patch installation time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Patch installation time.: How to find patch installation start and end time?If we push many patches through SCCM if the client system starts to install all the patches or it will take one by one. If it takes one by one means How it will take first patch to install.Thanks,K.mahendran....
  7. Printnightmare security patch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printnightmare security patch: Hello. Looking for help finding and downloading this security patch. I have WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 bit SP1. While searching, thought I found it. There were 2 options for download: XLSX MICROSOFT EXCEL & CSV COMMA VALUE. None of this means anything to me. Maybe I was in the...
  8. WIN10 patch not installing

WIN10 patch not installing: I run WIN10-32bit . I've had the same problem after installing the last "Patch Tuesday" updates including yesterday's 14/05/21. Windows installs the update on my computer. I then re-boot but the computer "hangs". I try to re-boot another few times and then I get a message on...
  9. Security Patch KB5000802

Security Patch KB5000802: after the patch was installed the computers crash when sent to printer Kyocera the computers switch to Recovery display and made restart again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-patch-kb5000802/cd72aa3d-7dde-4f34-8ec8-9d6ab65f8fb6
  10. Security Patch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Patch: Hi All, How to download the KB4049411 and KB4033631 in Microsoft catalog? If we select "Check for Update" , these two patches are showing , but in Microsoft catalog mentioned KB's are not shown....