Windows 10: After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list

Discus and support After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I removed application from the Apps & Features by selecting Uninstall and following the prompts. After it was uninstalled, and after numerous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeremy the Jedi, Apr 13, 2020.

1. After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list

Hello,

I removed application from the Apps & Features by selecting Uninstall and following the prompts. After it was uninstalled, and after numerous restarts, the application remains listed in the Apps & features list. Modify is greyed out and when Uninstall is selected, an error appears, "Windows cannot find C:\[Application Path] Uninstall.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.

First, for Microsoft, the error makes no sense seeing how one doesn't type in the name when clicking the uninstall button.

Second, the reason it cannot find the file is because it was removed when I removed the application the first time.

Now, does anyone know how to get Windows to remove it from the list?

Thanks for the help,

:)

Jeremy the Jedi, Apr 13, 2020
  2. WacoJohn Win User

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled.

After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list [​IMG]

Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW.

A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The first is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list [​IMG]

and the 2nd reference is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

I am assuming removing these from the Registry will clean up the Apps and Features List of Phoenix OS(?)

Any and all advice is appreciated in advance.

Edit: The second registry reference is at:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1742390423-1095737228-4217987103-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

WacoJohn, Apr 13, 2020
  3. SamEnzo Win User
    Uninstalled apps remain visible in "Apps & Features"

L.s.,

home pc with standard Windows 10 setup here, nothing fancy.

I have installed several apps and then uninstalled them via the Apps & Feature page. Although the programs appear removed (their files and folders are gone) they remain visible in the Apps & Features page as if they are still installed. I can click the uninstall
    button for the app; it will tell me that the app will be removed but after I ok that nothing happens.

Most installs and uninstalls work fine and almost all uninstalls result in removing the entry from the list.

It used to be so that if Windows (7) encountered this, it would say something like 'the program is no longer installed; do you wish to remove this entry from the installed programs list?' Don't know how Windows 8 dealt with this.

Is there a way to remove these faulty entries?

Thanks in advance!

SamEnzo, Apr 13, 2020
  4. SamEnzo Win User

After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list

Uninstalled apps remain visible in "Apps & Features" Community

L.s.,

I asked this question earlier (Uninstalled apps remain visible in "Apps & Features" )but got no working solution so I'll stubbornly try again:

Home pc with standard Windows 10 setup here, nothing fancy.

I have installed several apps and then uninstalled them via the Apps & Feature page. Although the programs appear removed (their files and folders are gone) they remain visible in the Apps & Features page as if they are still installed. I can click the uninstall
    button for the app; it will tell me that the app will be removed but after I ok that nothing happens.

Most installs and uninstalls work fine and almost all uninstalls result in removing the entry from the list.

It used to be so that if Windows (7) encountered this, it would say something like 'the program is no longer installed; do you wish to remove this entry from the installed programs list?' Don't know how Windows 8 dealt with this.

Is there a way to remove these faulty entries?

Thanks in advance!

SamEnzo, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list

1. After Uninstalling, App Remains on Apps & features list - Similar Threads - Uninstalling App Remains

2. App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.: Qustodio, an app that has been long since uninstalled from my computer, is still insisted on being installed on my PC yet WILL NOT let me modify or uninstall. I've checked my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall to remove it...
  3. App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.: Qustodio, an app that has been long since uninstalled from my computer, is still insisted on being installed on my PC yet WILL NOT let me modify or uninstall. I've checked my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall to remove it...
  4. App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown

Apps to not Remain in All Apps List After Restart or Shutdown: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop. In order to get some apps and games from Google Play Store, I installed the emulator, Bluestacks., which came with Google Play Store. I installed a number of apps and games and they all run fine. The apps and games pin to start and their...
  6. No list of uninstalled apps after refresh

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No list of uninstalled apps after refresh: I recently decided to refresh my pc to fix some software problems I was having. Although I was prompted that the apps uninstalled would be given in a list on my desktop, once my computer booted back up there was no list on the desktop. Is there anywhere else this list could...
  7. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  8. Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninstalled a program, but remains in app list: I uninstalled Epson printer software, but the name remains in the list. Now when I try to uninstall again a dialog box pops up, "Windows cannot find....." I tried Revo uninstaller, but no change. I know it would probably be OK to leave it, but would like to get it out of my...
  9. Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.: W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled. [img] Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW. A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The...
  10. List of apps to uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    List of apps to uninstall: Hi, I wanted to remove some programs form the Remove Programs list (because I have already deleted them manually, including the uninstall.exe file), so I followed your guide...