Windows 10: After uninstalling AVG, no internet

Discus and support After uninstalling AVG, no internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here's what happened to a friend's laptop (with windows 10 x64). He had Avg free installed and asked me to remove it and install something else. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by euhunter, Dec 30, 2016.

1. euhunter Win User

After uninstalling AVG, no internet

Here's what happened to a friend's laptop (with windows 10 x64). He had Avg free installed and asked me to remove it and install something else. I uninstalled it restarted and lo and behold, no internet. Wifi was connected though, everything ok in device manager as well.
    I opened up a cmd > ipconfig, and the only thing displayed was Windows Ip Configuration.... Nothing else, just that single line.
    Tried ipconfig /all and got a similar result.
    Tried resetting winsock and all other solutions i could find on various forums to no avail.
    Just when I thought I had to do a system restore or reinstall I took a closer look at the adapter properties. Ipv4 was there, v6 as well but right there among the first ones was Avg.. something, i can't remember exactly.
    I removed it, closed the adapter properties and it all showed up again in ipconfig, and internet was back.
    Hope this helps someone.

:)

euhunter, Dec 30, 2016
  2. Renkks Win User

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues

Nevermind!! After uninstalling my various AVG programs the internet immediatly connected. Anyone with a similar problem please try uninstalling your antivirus!!

Renkks, Dec 30, 2016
  3. Find the user account that has appeared on my system

Yeah I have accessed user accounts many many times just like you say to in manage accounts and delete Robert from there. Then restart the computer and It does no good. The Profile keeps showing up on my system. So what do you think a real person behind
    this or software issue. I remember installing four different programs Avg internet security Avg PC tune up Eset after Avg internet security ran out and windows 10. I still have Avg Pc tune up Eset internet security and windows 10 on my system but AVG internet
    security was uninstalled.

DominicHester, Dec 30, 2016
  4. John Galt Win User

John Galt, Dec 31, 2016
Thema:

1. After uninstalling AVG, no internet - Similar Threads - uninstalling AVG internet

2. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus: If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?...
  3. How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.

How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.: Long ago in the days of UK Pub Space Invaders. About 1981 or 2; I started using Microsoft O.S. V.3.1,or 2. with a Qume Sprint 5 Daisy Wheel Printer with a KSR Keyboard; An 80 column 32K computer; 5 inch twin disk drives and software costing the Price of a House. All up in the...
  4. how to uninstall free version of avg antiviris

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to uninstall free version of avg antiviris: it won't work the way it told me to do it. trying to update windows 10 and it is not campatable so tried to uninstall and it won't do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-free-version-of-avg-antiviris/6f1a37a9-63f3-4fdd-9b2b-c347bb5ca845
  5. Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version: Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the message regarding Windows Update saying that I need to uninstall that programme as it is preventing the update from being...
  6. Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection blocked by AVG 2015 antivirus: I have later AVG virus software working ok but I cant find a way of deleting the previous 2015 version and it is apparently blocking my internet access, according to windows 10 diagnosis. How can I cure this problem please?...
  7. AVG apps won't uninstall completely

AVG apps won't uninstall completely: I want to completely remove all AVG apps from my Surface Pro but they won't uninstall. * Original title: AVG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-windows_10/avg-apps-wont-uninstall-completely/7cdb8bff-154c-4303-a986-1ed15fe4b295
  8. Uninstalling AVG Free

Uninstalling AVG Free: This is causing big headache, as what ever I try I am meeting with error oxC0070643. Has anyone had a similar experience, and hoe did they solve it, please? I know I can go to their support, but before that I'd like to hear what others did. Sometimes it can be less tortuous....
  9. AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet

AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet: My box is centos 7.1 x64 as guest virtualbox on windows 10 x64 as host. I could not connect with internet at cenots. At host windows' AVG internet security blocks guest centos' internet. When I uninstall AVG's firewall, guest centos' internet works well. 1....
  10. Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker

Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker: Hello, Finally have decided to remove AVG antivirus software, too many troubles recently (posted to you my story this week). But first I have some questions: 1. Uninstall from control panel 2. Uninstall with CCleaner. 3. Uninstall using AVG remover tool...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after uninstalling avg i lost internet