Windows 10: After uninstalling McAffee, is there any special update I need to do to go back to using...

Discus and support After uninstalling McAffee, is there any special update I need to do to go back to using... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I did manual updates and automatic virus updates the Windows updates are current. Defender had been off from Aug 17 thru Nov 28, when I did the manual... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mary B_372, Dec 1, 2022.

1. After uninstalling McAffee, is there any special update I need to do to go back to using...

I did manual updates and automatic virus updates the Windows updates are current. Defender had been off from Aug 17 thru Nov 28, when I did the manual updates. Automatic updates started on the 29th. Is there anything else I need to do to safely resume Defender? I uninstalled McAffee on 11/28, leaving McAffee Web Advisor there. Thanks

:)

Mary B_372, Dec 1, 2022

2. Windows Defender and McAffee

sadly not...I uninstalled the programme but there is a second item listed in programmes which seems to be an empty file, just a banner for McAffee LIvesafe asking me to update my subscription. When I try to uninstall that I get a pop up asking which file
    I want...but there is no option to highlight and nothing listed. I can't delete it through right click either. I've restarted twice and still have Defender saying I need to update Virus protection and Firewall through McAffee....

Wondering if I should install the McAffee uninstaller as someone suggested above??

IreneCollier, Dec 1, 2022
  3. 1nf3rn0x Win User
    Cannot uninstall Mcaffee

I run the uninstall tool and it says this tool cannot run with anti-theft installed, but I have uninstalled mcaffee through control panel and searched program files for anything but I can't find anything. Why doesn't this POS software GO!!?!?!

1nf3rn0x, Dec 1, 2022
  4. kn00tcn Win User

After uninstalling McAffee, is there any special update I need to do to go back to using...

Cannot uninstall Mcaffee

so... safe mode uninstall? remove processes & disable services of anything related to mcaffee? how far have you dug into the windows OS, how familiar are you?

kn00tcn, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

After uninstalling McAffee, is there any special update I need to do to go back to using...

1. After uninstalling McAffee, is there any special update I need to do to go back to using... - Similar Threads - uninstalling McAffee special

2. Need to go back to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to go back to 10: So many months or more after going to windows 11, I find out I need to go back to 10 to get the full use of my printers. Is windows 10 still on my machine? I don't have a disk and I need my printer to work. There is no driver available for 11, and being an older printer I...
  3. Need to go back to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to go back to 10: So many months or more after going to windows 11, I find out I need to go back to 10 to get the full use of my printers. Is windows 10 still on my machine? I don't have a disk and I need my printer to work. There is no driver available for 11, and being an older printer I...
  4. How do I go back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go back?: So, I was creating a new Microsoft account on my new computer using my email address which didn’t have one. I then realized I typed it wrong when they told me they sent the verifying code to it and I obviously didn’t receive anything since it’s not my account. I tried to go...
  5. How do I go back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I go back?: So, I was creating a new Microsoft account on my new computer using my email address which didn’t have one. I then realized I typed it wrong when they told me they sent the verifying code to it and I obviously didn’t receive anything since it’s not my account. I tried to go...
  6. How do I go back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I go back: How do I go back to my previous installation of Windows? I had to reinstall Windows via USB Drive, because Ubuntu DESTROYED IT. Any way to go back to a previous installation of windows? Oh yeah, don't confuse it with version. If I need to downgrade from the Insider Build to...
  7. How do I uninstall windows 10 and go back to windows 7 after a clean install?

How do I uninstall windows 10 and go back to windows 7 after a clean install?: How do I uninstall windows 10 and go back to windows 7 after a clean install? I used my original product key number for my windows 7 Compaq CQ57 laptop and I did a clean install and I do not like the Windows 10 update....
  8. how do I uninstall Microsoft Edge and go back to Internet Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I uninstall Microsoft Edge and go back to Internet Explorer?: How do I uninstall Microsoft Edge and go back to Internet Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-microsoft-edge-and-go-back-to/61941209-e2ef-42d2-8dc0-b2e6cb3ed132
  9. Enabling Microsoft Virus & Threat Protection after uninstalling McAffee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enabling Microsoft Virus & Threat Protection after uninstalling McAffee: The "Virus & threat protection" screen says I am doing this myself ie not using Microsoft. I was using McAffee but uninstalled it. How do I enable the Microsoft virus and threat protection please....
  10. update is useless how do i go back

update is useless how do i go back: how do I reverse the last update the layout is not easy to use and i am not far from throwing this laptop against the wall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-is-useless-how-do-i-go-back/5e3a58ce-5db3-4e3a-aae0-38771a64e823