Windows 10: After uninstalling OneDrive, Picture Location can not be changed

Discus and support After uninstalling OneDrive, Picture Location can not be changed in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Picture Location is locked to c:/user/user_name/onedrive/picture. Trying to delete OneDrive directory shows ::{018D566-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Tae Song, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Tae Song Win User

After uninstalling OneDrive, Picture Location can not be changed

Picture Location is locked to c:/user/user_name/onedrive/picture.

Trying to delete OneDrive directory shows ::{018D566-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} cn not be deleted.

I want to change picture location back to Windows 10 default or another location.

:)

Tae Song, Jan 14, 2019
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 14, 2019
  4. After uninstalling OneDrive, Picture Location can not be changed

Location on Documents folder and Pictures folder has been changed to OneDrive

Instead of unlinking and uninstalling OneDrive, you probably should just change its auto save behavior.

Use the OneDrive app settings to change where your files are saved by default.

In the Notifications area at the bottom of your Windows screen, right-click the OneDrive icon and click Settings. You might have to click Show hidden icons to find OneDrive.

In the Settings box, on the Auto save tab, under Documents and Pictures, click the list at Documents or Pictures and pick the default save location you want.

This PC only - When you create a file, the Documents or Pictures folder under This PC is the first-choice location offered to save it. The file is not saved to OneDrive unless you do so separately, and it is available only on the PC you used to save it.

OneDrive - When you create a file, the first location offered is within the Documents or Pictures folder under OneDrive. Because these folders sync to your PC, files you save there are available on your PC, even when it's not connected to the Internet. And
    you can use any device with an Internet connection to access your files.

Note: No matter which default setting you choose, you still can select the save location you want each time you save a file. When you click Save for new files or Save As for existing files, click OneDrive or This PC and then pick a folder to save your file
    to.

Find and move your files

The Documents and Pictures folders exist in both This PC and OneDrive, which might make them easy to mix up. If you've mistakenly saved a file - for example, you save a file to the Documents folder in your PC instead of the Documents folder in OneDrive, use
    File Explorer or the OneDrive app to drag the files where you want them.

From the Start menu, click the OneDrive tile to open the OneDrive app built into File Explorer.

In the file list on the right, browse to find the file you want to move, and drag it to the correct folder in the folder list on the left.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

After uninstalling OneDrive, Picture Location can not be changed

1. After uninstalling OneDrive, Picture Location can not be changed - Similar Threads - uninstalling OneDrive Picture

2. Unable to change 'Pictures' library folder back to a Non-OneDrive location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change 'Pictures' library folder back to a Non-OneDrive location.: This has been asked before by another user, without any solution. Please help.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-pictures-library-folder-back-to-a/3acd10e0-6e4e-4e96-a709-fadf1f16a64a...
  3. Unable to change 'Pictures' library folder back to a Non-OneDrive location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change 'Pictures' library folder back to a Non-OneDrive location.: This has been asked before by another user, without any solution. Please help.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-pictures-library-folder-back-to-a/3acd10e0-6e4e-4e96-a709-fadf1f16a64a...
  4. Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location: Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me with this issue I have. I got a new pc with windows 11 on it. The issue I have is some how the save location for my pictures folder have more, with me asking to do so. it is now @ c:\user\username\OneDrive\PicturesIf I try and move the...
  5. Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location

Pictures save to onedrive that not installed cannot change save location: Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me with this issue I have. I got a new pc with windows 11 on it. The issue I have is some how the save location for my pictures folder have more, with me asking to do so. it is now @ c:\user\username\OneDrive\PicturesIf I try and move the...
  6. OneDrive location changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive location changes: Why does the location for OneDrive keep changing? I set the GPS location for my address, but no help keeping location the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-location-changes/3b403250-be65-4311-947e-5db263330687
  7. OneDrive location changes

OneDrive location changes: Why does the location for OneDrive keep changing? I set the GPS location for my address, but no help keeping location the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-location-changes/3b403250-be65-4311-947e-5db263330687
  8. Cannot change pictures location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot change pictures location: I want to backup all my data to a hard drive and not onedrive, and the only problem that i cannot solve is this error: "Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied." i tried this:...
  9. Pictures and Downloads folders disappeared after changing the location

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures and Downloads folders disappeared after changing the location: Hello, I just got a new PC, and moved my second drive from my old PC into it. This contains my pictures and downloads. I also added a couple of folders to my user folder (C:\Users\MyName\), and copied the data from my old PC. I right-clicked on the Pictures folder in my...
  10. OneDrive can be uninstalled ?

OneDrive can be uninstalled ?: This is a newly installed Win 10 Home. Win 10 version 1709 Build 16299.98 I thought OneDrive was part of the current Win 10 operating system and it could not be uninstalled. It should NOT even be listed in Programs and Features. I just happened to check my Programs and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after uninstalling onedrive cant see pictures in folders

2. uninstalled onedrive now having problems with default folder locations