Windows 10: After uninstalling Visual Studio, I have related left over folders, can they be deleted?

Discus and support After uninstalling Visual Studio, I have related left over folders, can they be deleted? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In 2017 I installed Visual Studio in order to create a program. I no longer need Visual Studio and therefore uninstalled it. After the uninstall I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frost King, Mar 3, 2019.

1. After uninstalling Visual Studio, I have related left over folders, can they be deleted?

In 2017 I installed Visual Studio in order to create a program. I no longer need Visual Studio and therefore uninstalled it. After the uninstall I noticed that there are still five folders within my Program Files that I believe are related to my 2017 install of Visual Studio.

My question is, are the following required for something else in Windows 10 or can I safely delete these five folders?:

Microsoft SDKs
    Microsoft SQL Server
    Microsoft Visual Studio 14
    Microsoft Visual Studio
    Microsoft Web Tools

Thank you for your time and effort.

:)

Frost King, Mar 3, 2019
  2. alexg42 Win User

Problem uninstalling Visual Studio 2015

Hi all,

I'm having trouble fully removing Visual Studio 2015 community version. When I attempt to uninstall using windows apps I get error messages after clicking uninstall. I'm unable to open the program, I believe it is uninstalled, but for some reason not fully
    removed from my PC. I would like to remove it completely before installing Visual Studio 2017.

I followed the steps given online at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt720585.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

and also used the uninstaller tool there. I ran it and success messages showed up with a couple of exit codes, but nothing has changed. I can still see it installed in my programs etc.

The top showed the following:

Uninstalling: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{79b486b9-c5f0-4096-a00c-8351f59587c2}\vs_community.exe

Bundle: Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2015 with Updates has been uninstalled with exit code: -2147205120.

Uninstalling: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{7a68448b-9cf2-4049-bd73-5875f1aa7ba2}\vsupdate_KB3022398.exe

Bundle: Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 (KB3022398) has been uninstalled with exit code: 1603.

Normal Visual Studio Uninstall completed.

Strange exit codes I thought, especially after googling.

Any ideas how to get rid of this? If I reinstall Visual Studio will previous versions be removed?

Thanks,

Alex

alexg42, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Linney Win User
    visual studio

If you start uninstalling bits and pieces then some parts of the program, or older programs, may fail to work properly. Did you select all these so called extras or were they installed automatically. If the latter then you may need them?

Visual Studio 2015 System Requirements

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-system-requirements-vs.aspx

"In Visual Studio 2015, Visual C++ is not installed by default. When installing, be sure to choose Custom installation and then choose the C++ components you require. Or, if Visual Studio is already installed, choose File | New | Project | C++ and you will
    be prompted to install the necessary components."

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/library/60k1461a.aspx

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/...the-visual-studio-installer-more-customizable

Linney, Mar 3, 2019
  4. After uninstalling Visual Studio, I have related left over folders, can they be deleted?

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x64 Installation Failure

I suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package to check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the exiting Microsoft Visual C++.

a) Press Windows key + x key and select
    Programs and Features

b) Right click on the Microsoft Visual C++ and uninstall it.

Step 2: Download the latest Microsoft Visual C++ and install it.

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

Andre Da Costa, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

After uninstalling Visual Studio, I have related left over folders, can they be deleted?

1. After uninstalling Visual Studio, I have related left over folders, can they be deleted? - Similar Threads - uninstalling Visual Studio

2. The issue is related to Visual Studio Code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The issue is related to Visual Studio Code: How to compile a program in VC and test it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-issue-is-related-to-visual-studio-code/bc130d29-6b7a-401a-818a-9352ba06d425
  3. The issue is related to Visual Studio Code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The issue is related to Visual Studio Code: How to compile a program in VC and test it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-issue-is-related-to-visual-studio-code/bc130d29-6b7a-401a-818a-9352ba06d425
  4. Removing of folder with left over files of uninstalled software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing of folder with left over files of uninstalled software: I unnstalled Surfshark VPN from my PC and some files are left over in a folder on Drive C. When I tried to remove it, I got a message "you require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder". Subsequently, after chat with Support Agent, I tried to delete it by...
  5. I can't uninstall Visual Studio Code with Revo Uninstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't uninstall Visual Studio Code with Revo Uninstaller: Hello! I want to uninstall Visual Studio code but I can't. It says that it didn't find any uninstaller thing or something. I think that this happens because when I installed Visual Studio Code the PC's user folder name was paul_ and I changed it. Can someone help me , please?...
  6. Can i uninstall microsoft Visual Studio

Can i uninstall microsoft Visual Studio: Hello, i have a problem uninstalling Microsoft Visual Studio because its 9.7GB its a file and the file there is: 2019,Shared and 2017 And I cant uninstall it and I'm not sure if it's safe to delete the file. There is no program in the apps like Microsoft Visual Studio....
  7. Do I delete left over files after uninstalling Flash Player?

Do I delete left over files after uninstalling Flash Player?: Flash Player seems to be uninstalled from my pc but it is still showing in the Control Panel and there are files showing as you can see in the screenshot below. Can these files be deleted? Will it still be showing in the Control Panel? [img] 171592
  8. libcef.dll is related to microsoft visual studio?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    libcef.dll is related to microsoft visual studio?: Hello. I had an power outage in home. Also no issues after that and no crashes.But i have found that error in event log? what is this? 3dmark.exe app error, libcef.dll. I dont remember 3dmark not crashed for me,but only that log appeared. [ATTACH] Libcef.dll can be...
  9. libcef.dll is related to microsoft visual studio?

libcef.dll is related to microsoft visual studio?: Hello. I had an power outage in home. Also no issues after that and no crashes.But i have found that error in event log? what is this? 3dmark.exe app error, libcef.dll. I dont remember 3dmark not crashed for me,but only that log appeared. [ATTACH] Libcef.dll can be...
  10. Visual Studio folder

Visual Studio folder: Hello, I'm a beginner in computer development, I have an SSD that is only 120GB, I don't want to put Visual Studio on it, I would like to know how to put it on my entire HDD. Goodbye ***moved on english forum***...