Windows 10: After unmarking partition my computer doesn't boot.

Discus and support After unmarking partition my computer doesn't boot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The partition containing windows 10 was made "active" which was later unmark as guided by Sayan_Ghosh in his reply to BobBerndt dated February 6, 2016.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bilalbut, May 19, 2019.

1. bilalbut Win User

After unmarking partition my computer doesn't boot.

The partition containing windows 10 was made "active" which was later unmark as guided by Sayan_Ghosh in his reply to BobBerndt dated February 6, 2016. After unmarking partition my computer doesn't boot, kindly guide what to do now

:)

bilalbut, May 19, 2019

2. unmark a partition as "active"

Hello Bob,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Please be informed that marking a partition as active on a basic disk means that the computer will use the loader (an operating system tool) on that partition to start the operating system. An active partition is a partition on a hard drive set as the bootable
    partition that contains the operating system. So it is not advisable to configure anything related to boot partition.

Please follow the below steps to unmark the partition as active:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• Type in diskpart and press Enter.
    • To identify which disk you need to work with. Type the command: list disk.

This will list all the drives connected to your computer.

• To select the disk enter the command: select disk n

"n" will correspond to the disk # for the ssd you are referring to.

• To list all the partitions on the disk enter the command:
      list partition

• To select a partition use: select partition n

Substitute "n" correctly and it will select the particular partitions on that drive.

• To unmark the current partition as active use the command line:
      inactive

• Exit the command prompt using command:
      exit

• Reboot the system to let the changes happen.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 19, 2019
  3. unmark a partition as "active"

After changing to active partition my computer doesn't boot so what can I do now?

Ayush Chandra, May 19, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. After unmarking partition my computer doesn't boot. - Similar Threads - unmarking partition computer

2. Why my computer doesn't boot properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my computer doesn't boot properly?: Hi.I have a problem with my computer's booting. whenever I turn on my pc, it doesn't show me the stuff about the motherboard, etc as it used to, the monitor is just black, until it's wholly booted. Also on my motherboard the VGA's LED is lighting, Im not sure whether it's my...
  3. Why my computer doesn't boot properly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my computer doesn't boot properly?: Hi.I have a problem with my computer's booting. whenever I turn on my pc, it doesn't show me the stuff about the motherboard, etc as it used to, the monitor is just black, until it's wholly booted. Also on my motherboard the VGA's LED is lighting, Im not sure whether it's my...
  4. Computer won't boot after deleting data partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't boot after deleting data partition: I have three drives. Disk 0: Samsung 870 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD (1TB) Disk 1: WD Blue 3.5" SATA HD (1TB) Disk 2: WD Blue 3.5" SATA HD (1TB) I have a dual-boot: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on C:\ on Disk 0 Windows 7 Home on K:\ on Disk 2 If I delete partition F:\ on Disk 0 I can no longer...
  5. partition my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    partition my computer: how do i partition my windows10 computer to accept a second OS chrome os ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/partition-my-computer/5fdb8c74-6d7c-411e-92df-de489bf92478
  6. Test on unmark as answer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Test on unmark as answer: This is a testing thread, should be deleted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/test-on-unmark-as-answer/bded52d3-b679-44e9-98d6-bca593c2e21e
  7. Unmark a partition as "active"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unmark a partition as "active": Hi, i have windows 10. I have a 120 gig ssd and another hard drive of 2 terra.b. . I was looking at my discs in Disc Management and i saw one has the word "active" included along the line where it says Healthy system, boot, crash dump, active, Primary Partition. The ssd...
  8. Computer Doesn't Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Doesn't Boot: Hello, im currently out of ideas to fix my problem. My computer open but i can't get in the bios by pressing f8 i cant start it from a disc and its stack at the first image. I cant find anything To fix my issues please is there someone that is experienced enough on this forum...
  9. No Boot and BSOD After Partition Extended

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Boot and BSOD After Partition Extended: I just recently upgraded from an earlier build of Windows 10 to the latest build 11099. That went okay. But the problem was when I decided to extend the system partition (as it had only 3GB free left), after rebooting to extend the partition with MiniTool Partition Wizard (it...
  10. Problem with booting after partition management

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with booting after partition management: Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes completely, I just kill it with task manager. Then I restart a few hours later, and this is what I see: [img] I tried...