Windows 10: After Update 2019-03, my taskbar icons have disappeared and many apps have been uninstalled

Discus and support After Update 2019-03, my taskbar icons have disappeared and many apps have been uninstalled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It looks to me like Microsoft did a complete re-install of Windows 10 with update 2019-03. When I logged in after the restart, I had to use my password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TJ_Hudson, Mar 26, 2019.

1. TJ_Hudson Win User

After Update 2019-03, my taskbar icons have disappeared and many apps have been uninstalled

It looks to me like Microsoft did a complete re-install of Windows 10 with update 2019-03. When I logged in after the restart, I had to use my password instead of my PIN. Then all but the default taskbar icons were gone. Apps like Dropbox, Firefox, CCleaner, etc. were all uninstalled. What is going on? Why did Microsoft do this, and without any warning?

:)

TJ_Hudson, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 26, 2019
  4. aigo Win User

After Update 2019-03, my taskbar icons have disappeared and many apps have been uninstalled

Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?

Thanks for the suggestion, really hoping it's something small like this that can resolve this. I've long uninstalled Winaero Tweaker -- and it had no tweaks for the taskbar icons.

So regardless of how I display the taskbar icons, the bumped off ones (right most, farthest) become hidden. In this case, I stretched it out to two rows tall with all icons displayed and the Power and Network icons still both get bumped off *Sad

After Update 2019-03, my taskbar icons have disappeared and many apps have been uninstalled [​IMG]

Basically what I previously observed -- it's almost as if there is a limit of 4-5 icons that can be displayed, and each system app exceeding it is pushed out or "hidden". Yet It's not a space constraint -- all the icons can be displayed -- just not the ones that've been forced into this hidden mode. In this case, the ones I care about *Sad

Thema:

1. After Update 2019-03, my taskbar icons have disappeared and many apps have been uninstalled - Similar Threads - Update 2019 taskbar

2. All the icons on my taskbar have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All the icons on my taskbar have disappeared.: All the icons on my taskbar disappeared yesterday. The arrow for hidden icons is showing and when I click it the hidden icons will show. Everything else is working. How can I fix this problem without resetting my pc?...
  3. All the icons on my taskbar have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All the icons on my taskbar have disappeared.: All the icons on my taskbar disappeared yesterday. The arrow for hidden icons is showing and when I click it the hidden icons will show. Everything else is working. How can I fix this problem without resetting my pc?...
  4. My taskbar icon have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar icon have disappeared: After a recent update, when I rebooted my win 10 pro laptop the icons in my task bar have disappeared. Even if I get something to show i.e. battery, it disappear on reboot....
  5. My taskbar icon have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar icon have disappeared: After a recent update, when I rebooted my win 10 pro laptop the icons in my task bar have disappeared. Even if I get something to show i.e. battery, it disappear on reboot....
  6. My taskbar icon have disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar problem and apps have disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar problem and apps have disappeared: Ok long story short i was doing my own thing when the taskbar corrupted and no apps were showing then when i hover it the cursor became the loading circle and when i clicked it my whole desktop became completey white chrome and other apps were working fine but it went back...
  8. I've been having many MANY problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've been having many MANY problems.: In august, I had gotten a new laptop, the ASUS TUF GAMING A15, its runs fast and looks good! but since i got it I have been having many many problems with it constantly blue screening and freezing, it started in nov when I had gotten A DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, i didn't...
  9. Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app: [ATTACH] Hey, This blank icon appeared after i uninstalled spotify because it was acting up. The uninstallation process took a while, it seemed that it didn't want to uninstall so i restarted my laptop to see if it would help, and it did, the app is gone (i reinstalled...
  10. Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared: All Desktop Icons & Taskbar Icons have disappeared. Why & how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-taskbar-icons-have-disappeared/77766c8c-93a0-4e51-915c-75eb1d81c959