Windows 10: (After update) All open windows are unresponsive as start menu before.

Discus and support (After update) All open windows are unresponsive as start menu before. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After todays update open windows become unresponsive same as taskbar before.. only option is task manager... Nice update microsoft 143179 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cromax, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Cromax Win User

(After update) All open windows are unresponsive as start menu before.

After todays update open windows become unresponsive same as taskbar before.. only option is task manager...

Nice update microsoft

:)

Cromax, Oct 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Disabling Cortana in Creators Update Disabled Start Menu

Hi,

Cortana is embedded in the Start menu. As part of the development and changes in Windows 10 Creators Update, disabling Cortana is not advisable since it may cause your Start menu to become unresponsive. To troubleshoot your concern
    with Cortana and Start menu, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this

link

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Oct 24, 2019
  4. (After update) All open windows are unresponsive as start menu before.

Windows 10 Start menu won't open

Hi,

As you are unable to access Windows Start menu on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made nay changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access Start menu on your device?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu
    or Cortana
    try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

(After update) All open windows are unresponsive as start menu before.

1. (After update) All open windows are unresponsive as start menu before. - Similar Threads - update open are

2. pressing esc opens start menu unresponsive keys and weird things happen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pressing esc opens start menu unresponsive keys and weird things happen: does anybody know a fix to where when I press the esc key it brings up the windows start menu. also it wont let me type when this issue happens and when on a browser trying to scroll up and down with my mouse zooms the screen in and out. there is no issue with the keyboard I...
  3. Start menu not showing all apps after Windows 1903 update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not showing all apps after Windows 1903 update.: Dear Members. After I have installed 1903 update to my system, my start menu is acting errant. I can't find all the software on my system in "All apps" menu on start menu. Further I can only pin the apps that are displayed in 'All apps' menu and none else in my pinned apps...
  4. Unresponsiveness After Update?

Unresponsiveness After Update?: This has been happening for a few days now: I believe after I've installed the April 2019 update for Windows 10, there are times where my computer will become unresponsive the first time I boot it up. By that, I mean it doesn't freeze up or anything, but whenever I click on...
  5. I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu

I cannot open start menu and all the setting menu: It seems that all the setting menu crashed after I reset my computer. I clicked the button on the task bar, for instance, Cortana and start, and did not received any response. Nothing was displayed on the screen....
  6. No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!: So I just updated to the latest Windows Update upon a prompt. (Automatically in other words.) This added the Anniversary Update as well, which changed the Start Menu somewhat. There is one problem though, it doesn't work as intended. I was under the impression that "All Apps"...
  7. Can't open start menu after updating to 1151

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu after updating to 1151: So I got the 1151 update today. After the update, I could not open the Start menu. Code: SFC /scannow[/quote] says that there are corrupt files that it can not fix. I found out that I should run Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth...
  8. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...
  9. Unresponsive Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Start menu: My father's account on our family PC is having an interesting issue. His Start button is not working with left click, and his taskbar apps are not responding to right clicking. Also interestingly, there is a blank, clickable space between his apps and his Start/Search/etc....
  10. Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use All apps in Start menu in Windows 10: Is there a way to move the "metro apps" around (I'd like to put them in a folder) ? 7008

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows opwering system flashes and is unresponsive after start