Windows 10: After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly

Discus and support After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. My PC decided to install today’s big update, and afterward my audio has been sounding muffled and distorted. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Fx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Enigma_KA, Feb 28, 2020.

1. After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly

Title. My PC decided to install today’s big update, and afterward my audio has been sounding muffled and distorted. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Fx sound card and Astro A10s. I updated the drivers and restarted a couple times.

Initially, all audio had reduced volume and sounded muffled. After restarting twice, audio now plays at a proper level, but it still does not sound like pre-update; I’m pretty sure the spatial audio functionality of the sound card is not working properly. Help would be appreciated, thanks!

submitted by /u/Enigma_KA
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Enigma_KA, Feb 28, 2020
  2. StevenKTO Win User

How do I fix the my Muffled audio?

My Computer's audio is very muffled, it sounds like karaoke mode is enabled, but I have already disabled all audio enhancements.

I looked in device manager and Realtek HD audio isn't installed, so I tried to install it, but it doesn't show up. So I tried uninstalling VIA HD audio, but it once I restarted my computer it reinstalls itself and the audio is still muffled and distorted.

Also, I'm not sure if the razor synapse things affect it, or the NVIDIA HD audio.

How do I install Realtek HD audio successfully so it is on the device manager? And how do I uninstall VIA Audio permanently?

StevenKTO, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Audio Muffle when in voice communication

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that the audio begins to muffle immensely, distort and will constantly change volume levels, while using the game.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Which game are you referring to?

• Is the issue specific to this game?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?
    Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Further, you may also boot the computer in a clean boot state and check the tool installation status. When you start Microsoft Windows, typically there are several programs that start automatically and run in the background that may interfere
    with the system. These programs may include antivirus and system utility programs. When you perform a clean startup procedure, you prevent these programs from starting automatically.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows: (Applies to Windows 10)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Opie540 Win User

After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly

1. After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly - Similar Threads - update audio muffled

2. Microphone not working properly, distorted audio and weird glitches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly, distorted audio and weird glitches: So i'm trying to join a call and my mic isnt picking up anything i say. I go check how it sounds and it just sounds like static and glitch. I go into VoiceMod so i can hear myself and it just turns into an aggressively loud glitchy noise. After some digging i went to my...
  3. Microphone not working properly, distorted audio and weird glitches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working properly, distorted audio and weird glitches: So i'm trying to join a call and my mic isnt picking up anything i say. I go check how it sounds and it just sounds like static and glitch. I go into VoiceMod so i can hear myself and it just turns into an aggressively loud glitchy noise. After some digging i went to my...
  4. Distorted Audio After Microsoft Update KB5006670

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Distorted Audio After Microsoft Update KB5006670: My audio was working perfectly this morning. I saw the icon for a Windows update so I ran the update. As soon as the computer rebooted from the update, my audio is terribly distorted, buzzy, and unintelligible. I have downloaded and installed the latest Realtek audio driver...
  5. Spatial sound not working, balanced audio sounds muffled and distorted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial sound not working, balanced audio sounds muffled and distorted.: I'm trying to find a fix for my messed up audio. When playing games, direction-oriented sounds don't work as they should, and balancing my audio in my sound preferences doesn't help. Audio sounds normal when one output is dialled all the way up and the other isn't, but I...
  6. Muffled and distorted audio from two speakers when connected to PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muffled and distorted audio from two speakers when connected to PC?: Hi, I just got a pair of adam audio T5V speakers, I purchased a pair of XLR to 3.5mm Aux cables so that I could connect them to my windows 10 PC, these are then put into a headphone splitter and plugged into my line-in port on the back of the PC, however when they are...
  7. Compressed / muffled audio after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Compressed / muffled audio after update: After updating to 1909 last night, I've been having problems with audio through my wired headphones. When playing media (YouTube, music, etc.) or most system sounds (caps lock beep, device ejected, etc.), the sound is extremely muffled and compressed, but if I test it in the...
  8. Windows 10 audio through aux causes speakers to sound muffled/distorted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 audio through aux causes speakers to sound muffled/distorted.: Hello, since a few days I've been having this problem: my speakers (good studio monitor adam a5x speakers) sound all muffled and distorted with some kind of weird reverb.. I have tried almost everything; installing new drivers/deleting old sound drivers on my computer, I...
  9. Audio not working properly after Windows update

Audio not working properly after Windows update: The RealTek HD Audio sounds incredibly quiet after the Windows November update since a few days since it came out. I've uninstalled drivers and re-installed Asus's stock driver for it, and I've even gone into the HD Audio Manager to make sure Loudness Equalization was in....
  10. Audio channels not working properly after Windows Update

Audio channels not working properly after Windows Update: I have a PC that is roughly a year old and worked fine until yesterday. Then the Windows Update installed and the Windows Store broke. At that point I reset my PC via the Refresh option. Afterwards all my software gone (sorry but that is not a REFRESH) and I had to install...