Windows 10: After update browser is unable to connect to internet

Discus and support After update browser is unable to connect to internet in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, my Dell laptop asked on Thursday for update. Since finish of update any browser (IE, Firefox etc.) is giving me response that it is unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PetrLichnovsky, Sep 20, 2019.

1. After update browser is unable to connect to internet

Hi, my Dell laptop asked on Thursday for update. Since finish of update any browser (IE, Firefox etc.) is giving me response that it is unable to connect to internet. Strange thing is that when I run cmd - I can get ping response from any server which I want.

:)

PetrLichnovsky, Sep 20, 2019

2. Unable to connect to internet on browsers except for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nad,

Thank you for replying with the error messages received on trying to connect to internet on different browsers.

Please reply, did you try performing System restore as suggested in the above post?

If haven’t tried performing System restore, flush your PC’s
    DNS cache by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved. Performing the below steps will clear DNS cache from the computer and renew the IP configuration set on the computer.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter after each entries:
      • ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew
    • Close the windows and check if the changes are effective.

If the above steps does not resolve the issue, perform
    System restore by following steps mentioned in the above post and check if it helps.

Write to us with the status of unable to connect to internet on other browser except for Edge on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 20, 2019
  3. LaytonJnr Win User
    Unable to connect to internet - Atheros AR9485WB-EG

That link won't work for me. On any of my three browsers (including.... gasp... Internet Explorer).

Bumping before I update the BIOS. Any tips? Advice? Stuff to do in case the whole thing goes wrong?

LaytonJnr, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

After update browser is unable to connect to internet

No internet connection, limited to browsers only

Hi,

Conflicts with the proxy settings is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to connect to the internet. We suggest you to try to follow the steps below to turn off the Proxy settings on Windows 10:

• Open Settings by pressing the Windows key, type settings, and press the
      Enter key.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Click Proxy.
    • Turn off everything.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

After update browser is unable to connect to internet

1. After update browser is unable to connect to internet - Similar Threads - update browser unable

2. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  3. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  4. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Internet Browsers Crashing after updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Browsers Crashing after updating: Hello, I have an HP Spectre 360 purchased around 2015 and up until recently its worked very well. I updated windows the other day and ever since both Edge and Chrome have been crashing after they open for a few seconds. The only thing that will actually stay open is...
  6. Connected to the internet, but no browser will load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connected to the internet, but no browser will load: I'm running windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad y700. Yesterday while I was on a call, the video froze and the website wouldn't load anymore. Since then none of my browsers (google chrome, opera, and edge) will work, they just display a blank page and load forever. I updated my...
  7. After win10 update unable to connect to internet.

After win10 update unable to connect to internet.: I updated my laptop last night and since then I cant connect to the internet. I've tried flushing the DNA server and looked into rolling back the driver update but as there is no net connection I cant get the laptop to search for a driver. I resent the fact that as this is an...
  8. Cannot connect to the internet browser after crashing

Cannot connect to the internet browser after crashing: My PC crashed and I had to hard restart my PC but now I received a lot of issues connected with sound and internet access. I managed to get sound working but all my attempts to connect to the internet browser have no effect....
  9. Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic

Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic: After automatic online updates by MS the system was automatically set offline by MS! Notes: a) hardware is ok - verified by other OS b) network connections were ok during automatic update and are still ok verified by other OS systems c) the automatic update is the only...
  10. Laptop unable to connect to Internet after Windows update

Laptop unable to connect to Internet after Windows update: Hi, I am using an Asus u46-sv since 2011/12. It came with win 7 pro. Got the free win X upgrade and it is now on win X pro. After the latest updates the laptop refuses to connect to the internet. It does detect the WiFi or wired line and says the laptop is connected....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to browse after update

2. internet explorer not working after update in android cell phone