Windows 10: After update camera is disabled

Discus and support After update camera is disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC was updated but the camera and bluetooth stopped working. Suggest a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RenettaPiggott, Jun 15, 2020.

1. After update camera is disabled

My PC was updated but the camera and bluetooth stopped working. Suggest a fix

:)

RenettaPiggott, Jun 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 15, 2020
  4. After update camera is disabled

Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

After update camera is disabled

1. After update camera is disabled - Similar Threads - update camera disabled

2. Camera failure After 23H2 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera failure After 23H2 Update: Hello,A few colleagues and I are unable to access the camera after installing the 23H2 update. I am using WIN 11 OS Build 22631.2506.I also have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver using my laptop's manufacturer support site.I have verified the permissions are enabled in...
  3. No camera after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No camera after update: Log on this morning with camera and installed KB4601319 and KB4601050 now my camara is not working giving errorOxAOOF4243 and OxCOOD3704 telling me another app is using the camera which it is not.It asks if I need help but says it cant find anything wrong. I cant do anything...
  4. Camera not working After update

Camera not working After update: I've updated my PC. After doing, camera app is not working. I used Skype video call feature last on 5th Aug. Since then it stopped working. Error code is mentioned below. Please someone help me. [ATTACH]...
  5. Camera Not Working After Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera Not Working After Update: Hi, Does anyone of you experience this kind of issue in your laptop's camera? The light indicator beside is lit when I open my camera bu on my screen it is just displaying that. Hope that someone could help me here. Thank you! [ATTACH]...
  6. Camera not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not working after update: After the latest windows update my laptop camera does not work. It is not even listed in Device Manager. A few updates ago my battery stop working as well. With this last update I cannot even start me laptop with the battery inserted into the laptop. I have to take the...
  7. camera doesn't work after update

camera doesn't work after update: Hi, Since I installed the windowsupdate version 1909, my camera isn't working properly. It's giving an error but constantly switching from giving errors to working to giving errors. Error is also changing constantly from 0xA00F4289<ActiveCameraUnplugged> to...
  8. Camera image disable.

Camera image disable.: Send help. I was allowed to login windows using the camera app, it detected my face. However, when I launch the camera app or use the camera function via internet, the camera image does not appear. It just showed me a 'cancelled camera' logo. I couldn't see any image....
  9. Camera after updating to Windows 10

Camera after updating to Windows 10: I am wondering why the camera on my HP will not show up on screen. When click on camera all I get is a black screen. I checked the privacy settings and they are set properly. I need some advice as to what to try next. Is there a way to reinstall the camera? Please help....
  10. Built in Camera not working after update

Built in Camera not working after update: I'm using a 2 month old Dell XPS 13 laptop and following the latest updates, the built in camera is no longer working. I normally use Skype and in the Skype Settings, in Video its showing No Device Found. Dell don't see it as their issue as its a Microsoft Update that's...