Windows 10: After update cant open more than one program and mouse issues still

Discus and support After update cant open more than one program and mouse issues still in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After latest Windows 10 update i cant have more than one program. If I minimize and maximize the other it works but only that way. also still mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RickWarriner, Dec 6, 2018.

1. After update cant open more than one program and mouse issues still

After latest Windows 10 update i cant have more than one program. If I minimize and maximize the other it works but only that way. also still mouse issues , no right click links, only open programs with right click, double click not working. I could go on but if i cant multitask why have a computer?

:)

RickWarriner, Dec 6, 2018

2. MICROSOFT MOUSE PROGRAM

Hi Richard,

Since the above suggestions didn't work on your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below for us to further locate the device driver that has been causing conflict on your system.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Devices.
    • Scroll down, then select Device manager.
    • Look for the mouse icon, then click it.
    • Right-click on the available drivers.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Re-connect your Microsoft mouse, so that the system will reinstall the correct driver.

Keep us updated with the result so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Dec 6, 2018
  4. After update cant open more than one program and mouse issues still

Mouse Issues

Hi Nelth,

Issue as such can be a result of multiple device drivers installed to your computer. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to verify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of the mice that you're using on your device?
    • Have you tried using these mice to your other devices? If yes, are you experiencing the same issue?

In the meantime, if you have multiple mouse drivers installed on your device, we suggest that you uninstall them to correct any possible conflicts that may cause this issue. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
    • In the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and click on
      OK to open Device Manager window.
    • Expand Mice and other
      pointing
      devices category, right-click on the mouse
      driver, and click on Uninstall.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.
    • Once done, restart your computer to apply the changes.

Note: Windows will automatically download the driver. If not, you can re-download the mouse driver on the manufacturer's website.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Zedrick Del, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

After update cant open more than one program and mouse issues still

1. After update cant open more than one program and mouse issues still - Similar Threads - update cant open

2. Uploading more than one document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading more than one document: How do I upload more than one document when the file is open. I am only allowed to open one at a time, If I go to the document without trying to upload I am allowed to....
  3. Windows cant load after program from site opened

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows cant load after program from site opened: I had a problem with my start menu, I couldnt unpin programs from it. I found a solution on this site ,which is to run this program - Reset Start Layout in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials 10 mins later I restarted my pc, and its cant loud windows. Nothing can get it...
  4. Can't open more than one window of any program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open more than one window of any program: When you right click (or left click and drag up) an app in the taskbar it brings up a menu. The bare minimum this menu displays for any app is: an option to pin/unpin from taskbar, an option to open a window of that app, and (if its running) a close button. Recently I have...
  5. More Issues than TIME Magazine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    More Issues than TIME Magazine: Firstly, after having used Windows since Win 95, NEVER have I had such issues with one OS. Honestly, at this point I will pay money to go back to Windows 7, despite no support for it, you generally don't need support for something that isn't broken. so Windows 10 free...
  6. Does "Updates from more than one place" work?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does "Updates from more than one place" work?: Has anyone ever done a bandwidth analysis or comparison that demonstrated that a group of computers updated by sharing update packages instead of downloading complete packages for each computer? Is there any known command to tell a computer to look for updates on another...
  7. Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"?: Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"? What are the Pros and Cons? EDIT: Build 10240. On the Updates options. 8548
  8. Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: How to run more than one program in Actions: I have a scheduled task to run Avast AshCmd.exe every day. The entry in Actions is "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe / @=Quick/r=*~". (Quick is the name of my scan.) I'd like to add another command, to view the Avast log afterwards. Like "Notepad...
  9. Span a folder across more than one disk?

in Windows 10 Support
    Span a folder across more than one disk?: I use a program called Hitfilm Express and the user can specify one folder to use for "proxies" which should ideally be a fast disk but I'm running out of space on my data SSD so I was wondering whether it's possible using symbolic links or some such voodoo to have a folder...
  10. Active window changes unexpectedly when more than one window open.

in Windows 10 Support
    Active window changes unexpectedly when more than one window open.: Whenever I have more than one window open the active window seems to change unexpectedly without me even clicking in the window to activate it. For example I'll have one half of my screen streaming a Netflix video and the other half will be another window at some random...