Windows 10: after update firefox and chrome fonts washed up

Discus and support after update firefox and chrome fonts washed up in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; version 1709 16299248 kb4074588 just downloaded today firefox and chrome both showing washed out fonts shutdown no help, restart no help, latest... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Wood, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Wood Win User

after update firefox and chrome fonts washed up

version 1709 16299248 kb4074588 just downloaded today

firefox and chrome both showing washed out fonts

shutdown no help, restart no help, latest version on both browsers

would reinstalling them do anything

:)

2. JNygrenMN Win User

How to fix browser fonts in Firefox and Chrome broken by Windows 10 update?

A recent Windows 10 update broke the browser fonts in Firefox and Chrome. But everything looks fine in Edge. This image shows the same content in Firefox, Edge, and Chrome, from left to right. (Ignore the 'redacting'. Look at the fonts.)

after update firefox and chrome fonts washed up [​IMG]

What did Windows update change? How can I fix the font rendering in non-Microsoft browsers?

JNygrenMN, Feb 12, 2018
  3. How to fix browser fonts in Firefox and Chrome broken by Windows 10 update?

Assuming Windows 10 64-bit...

Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferably
    without quoting this post:

1. When (approx. date) did you purchase the Dell computer?

2a. When (exact date, preferably) did you upgrade to Win10 (not Win10 Anniversary Update)?

2b. Was the upgrade to Windows 10 (not Windows 10 Anniversary Update) offered & installed via Windows Update or did you upgrade manually?

3a. When (approx. date) was Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed?

3b. Was Windows 10 Anniversary Update offered & installed via Windows Update or did you install it manually?

4. What is the full name of your currently-installed third-party anti-virus application or security suite - i.e.,
    not Windows Defender! - (if any), and when (approx. date) does your current subscription
    (if any) expire?

5. Did you run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool before or after you upgraded to Win10 (not Win10 Anniversary Update)?

6. When (exact date) was KB3194496 installed according to Installed Updates
    (not Update History)? [1]

7. Is Adobe Flash Player version 23.0.0.162 (or higher) installed? TEST HERE USING INTERNET EXPLORER OR EDGE
    ONLY! =>
    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

8a. Is Firefox version 49.0.1 (or higher) installed?

8b. Is Google Chrome version 53.0.2785.143 (or higher) installed?

9. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., CCleaner's Registry Cleaner
    component; Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Total System Care; Advanced System Optimizer; Comodo System Cleaner; Glary Utilities; Registry Booster;
    McAfee QuickClean; AVG Quick Clean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner;
    Norton PC Tuneup; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; FixMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Wise Care 365; Wise Cleaner; etc.)?

=============================================

[1] Start [WinKey] | Programs and Features | Installed Updates

PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 12, 2018
  4. torre Win User

Referring to the fonts in the taskbar ? Will the browsers open ?

Are they listed in Programs on the Control Panel ?

If they open, I would recommend saving your favorites to file and uninstall/reinstall.

torre, Feb 13, 2018
  5. Wood Win User
    referring to fonts on web pages that I open in firefox or chrome, they have never been washed out, always dark and clear, update did something I am guessing

6. torre Win User
    Check your display driver, though if it needed update other issues would likely be noticed.

Just for giggles, may want to reinstall the display driver to see if any change.

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. after update firefox and chrome fonts washed up - Similar Threads - update firefox chrome

2. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  3. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome: Hi there.I'm Frontend Developer. Some websites such as nextjs.org had wierd font. In some my emails this font applied. I have no idea what it is! I tryed many ways to fix this. install windows again some doing registry setting and no diffrent. when I use vite technology for...
  4. wierd font in all browsers!! Edge, Firefox, Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Washed out colors after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Washed out colors after update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Severe_Alternative19 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwjaxh/washed_out_colors_after_update/
  6. Firefox 81 fonts

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 81 fonts: Is it me, or does Firefox's fonts look thinner/lighter after updating to 81? They seem almost identical to Chrome now. They used to be much thicker/bolder, but now they just barely are that compared to Chrome. Firefox: [img] Chrome: [img] 165069
  7. Washed out colors after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out colors after update.: Is there any logs where i can check what settings has been changed? Cause after i update my windows 10 to version 2004, the colors became washed out. I tried restoring to previous version but it didn't help. It was completely fine before i update my os and now it's messed up....
  8. Firefox and chrome close on start-up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firefox and chrome close on start-up.: Hi, on my PC which has run fine for years, chrome has started refusing to work. A quick shit flash where the tab would be appears for less than a second, but disappears after. Chrome has no crash reports so I tried on Firefox. Exactly the same. Does anyone have any clue what...
  9. Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chrome and Firefox not opening after Windows update.: After the recent Windows update, whenever I open Chrome or Firefox, they just immediately close without any error message. I've looked into many different solutions to the problem, but none of them seem to help. I've checked for malware and checked my firewall and...
  10. Washed out taskbar fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Washed out taskbar fonts: Have washed out toolbar fonts? Is there a tweak to make them crisp ? [img] 32905