Windows 10: After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected

Discus and support After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did an update through the regular windows update program then installed Edge as it seemed to be demanded then received a bios update from my Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PursuitCongruous, Aug 9, 2022.

1. After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected

I did an update through the regular windows update program then installed Edge as it seemed to be demanded then received a bios update from my Laptop Mfg BUT continues to tell me no matter what I do it can not detect my security settings to install anyone please help. thank Youo

:)

PursuitCongruous, Aug 9, 2022

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Update error: (KB3172729) - Error 0x80248007 - continues

Hey Ken,

Thanks for the ideas. I had already run 1 updater . . . followed your instructions with no luck.

The system scan came back with no integrity violations. Got a message from the second updater (had that before) about a database corruption issue - applied the fix. Here are the results:

Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings - Detected

Some security setting are missing or have been changed - Fixed

Service registration is missing or corrupt - Fixed

Potential Windows Update Database error detected - Fixed

Windows Update components must be repaired - Fixed

Check for pending updates - Fixed

Nope: Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172729) - Error 0x80248007

The machine is a Dell Inspiron 5000 series with Core I7 and 16GB of memory - about 3 years old.

It is backed up.

Next steps?

Thanks again

innovation2, Aug 9, 2022
  4. After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected

help.... detected objects on my kaspersky total security 2016

Hi:

The link for Kaspersky support is here (the BLUE text is a clickable link to their support site):After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected :)

Having said all that, it appears from your screen shots that all you really need to do is to uninstall the outdated version of Flash Player for Firefox and the outdated version of Shockwave Player. A total of 4 mouse clicks are all that's needed.

(NOTE: this has nothing to do with Flash Player for IE, for Edge, or for Chrome.)
    (ALSO: It appears that the 7Zip detection may be a "False Positive", as I get the same item on my own system. You may either use the "Exclusion" button, or ignore the detection, or report it as a possible False Positive to Kaspersky.)

STEP 1:
    Picture #1 below shows how to uninstall them -- it is taken from MY computer, to illustrate how to do it.

After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected [​IMG]

Picture #2 below shows the 2 applications on YOUR computer to uninstall:

• Click on "Adobe Flash Player 23 NPAPI", then click the "uninstall" button
    • Then click on "Adobe Shockwave Player 12.2", then click the "uninstall" button

After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected [​IMG]

STEP 2:
    Reboot (restart) the computer.

STEP 3:

Run a manual KTS vulnerability scan.

STEP 4:

Post a screen shot of the new KTS vulnerability scan.

Thank you,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected

1. After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected - Similar Threads - update continue message

2. I cannot connect to the internet after security update KB2267602

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot connect to the internet after security update KB2267602: Immediately after windows installed security update KB2267602 all websites were blocked. I cannot access the internet via WI-FI or ethernet cable. There is nothing wrong with the router, all other devices iphones/ipads/laptops work properly. I tried restarting the router and...
  3. Every time I get a message saying secure boot violation invalid signature detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I get a message saying secure boot violation invalid signature detected: Every time I boot up my computer I get a message saying "Secure boot violation Invalid signature detected." It then proceeds to do a chkdsk which finishes in 2 seconds. this happens every time i boot up and I sometimes get a message telling me to repair drive errors. Please...
  4. Every time I get a message saying secure boot violation invalid signature detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I get a message saying secure boot violation invalid signature detected: Every time I boot up my computer I get a message saying "Secure boot violation Invalid signature detected." It then proceeds to do a chkdsk which finishes in 2 seconds. this happens every time i boot up and I sometimes get a message telling me to repair drive errors. Please...
  5. After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected: I did an update through the regular windows update program then installed Edge as it seemed to be demanded then received a bios update from my Laptop Mfg BUT continues to tell me no matter what I do it can not detect my security settings to install anyone please help. thank...
  6. After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update I continue to get a message that security settings cannot detected: I did an update through the regular windows update program then installed Edge as it seemed to be demanded then received a bios update from my Laptop Mfg BUT continues to tell me no matter what I do it can not detect my security settings to install anyone please help. thank...
  7. Continuous Update Message after Updating to version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuous Update Message after Updating to version 1909: I noticed this update message in my tray icon: "Your version of windows 10 will reach end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay supported." I went through all the updates and reboots and ended up with ver 1909. So good, right? But...
  8. Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless connection error message.. Windows cannot detect proxy settings: I cannot connect to a network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-connection-error-message-windows-cannot/d1982cbb-2ee3-4451-8c34-a56a984dc4e9
  9. Cannot update to 1903 Continued

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot update to 1903 Continued: Originally started here I continue to have problems addressing this issue and created this new thread per zbooks instructions. @zbook: So, using advanced startup I booted into command prompt. This was what the dialogue looked like after attempting your last instructions "...
  10. After 1903 Update keep getting Windows Security IT ERROR message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After 1903 Update keep getting Windows Security IT ERROR message: Did the 1903 undate but sometimes, especially after a scan - I get this error message. WHY and how do I fix it?? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-1903-update-keep-getting-windows-security-it/c896c249-9cb9-4a49-82c8-034de5270485"