Windows 10: after update I have flat sound

Discus and support after update I have flat sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After doing a update the sound has lost it's quality and after a couple of hours now of trying to find why I give up i hope someone can help me out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mekna, Nov 24, 2019.

1. /u/Mekna Win User

after update I have flat sound

After doing a update the sound has lost it's quality and after a couple of hours now of trying to find why I give up i hope someone can help me out with this

submitted by /u/Mekna
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mekna, Nov 24, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue after update I have flat sound :p

cadaveca, Nov 24, 2019
  3. I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 24, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. after update I have flat sound - Similar Threads - update flat sound

2. Flat battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flat battery: My battery is at 0% and won't charge when it is plugged in. How do I charge the battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flat-battery/4da1dd29-e58b-42d9-b9ab-491c909622d2
  3. Flat sound/No bass Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flat sound/No bass Windows 10: Hey! Recently, I've been having trouble with my headphones.I hear little or no bass anymore and that's very annoying because I make a lot of music, for example on FL Studio.I already rebooted my pc and kept the files, but that didn't help.I also removed and reinstalled all...
  4. Sound sounds flat after windows 10 update

Sound sounds flat after windows 10 update: My sound has became flat after updating windows. It works fine when I change it to "high definition audio device" from device manager but realtek audio driver won't work. And when I use realtek audio driver sound becomes flat. And I can't use mic in "high definition audio...
  5. Audio through my headphones sounds cheap & flat after update.

Audio through my headphones sounds cheap & flat after update.: I got an Asus gaming laptop a couple weeks ago and had the same issue straight out of the box. It somehow resolved after a couple days, but now it’s bugging me again. My headphones sound just fine when I plug them into my Mac, so idk what to do. submitted by /u/nervecell...
  6. Flat desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    Flat desktop icons?: This look can't be right? [img] What do I need to do to make some 'saved shortcuts' to my desktop more transparent? 145913
  7. HELP please i have no sound after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP please i have no sound after windows update: Hey I have absolutely no sound on my laptop after a windows update. I have searched and searched and still have no sound I have tried.. 1. Windows key + R -Services.msc -plug and play -change to automantic 2. uninstalling the driver completely -letting it download...
  8. I have no sound after I updated the driver?

I have no sound after I updated the driver?: I have no sound when I updated driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-after-i-updated-the-driver/a6683454-4c2e-441d-9109-48693f1b1a7a
  9. i need to delete a corrupt file directory after flat update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need to delete a corrupt file directory after flat update: i have a corrupt .minecraft file, however i did a flat update to my laptop on which the corrupt file lives. im currently attempting to delete it and a backup id made before the update too. however when i attempt to delete em. i get Error 0X80070570. i need these file...
  10. After Updating Windows 10 Pro I have no sound

After Updating Windows 10 Pro I have no sound: Hello, I updated Windows 10 Pro after beeing prompted for a while and after the update i have no sound. All sound devices appear active. But when i try to do a sound check on Playback properties i get the error that the signal playback has failed. I tried the troubleshooter...