Windows 10: After update: I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I...

Discus and support After update: I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Originally, I posted this question in the default group (per the form), but got only 1 reply and no follow up (after a week). I'm posting in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bertram Moshier, Oct 16, 2018.

1. After update: I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I...

Hello,

Originally, I posted this question in the default group (per the form), but got only 1 reply and no follow up (after a week). I'm posting in the update group because I ONLY saw this problem start after applying update KB4458469 (or maybe it was KB4100347 - saw it starting in September 2018).

I see a "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I have new notifications. Yet when I click on the icon, I can't don't see any notification at all.

I already tried:

1. sfc /scannow
    2. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    3. Clean install: 1511 -> 1703 -> 1803
    4. Latest updates from Microsoft (e.g. KB4100347 / KB4458469 / KB4462919)

On sfc:

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

On DISM:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.17134.1

Image Version: 10.0.17134.320

[==========================100.0%==========================] No component store corruption detected.
    The operation completed successfully.

None of these help with the issue. I still see a"notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I have new notifications. Yet when I click on the icon, I can't don't see any notification at all.

In case someone wants to see the issue with their own eyes, please, checkout this image on Flickr: (I tried to add (via edit) the image but the submit button never functioned correctly.)

Image URL: https://www.flickr.com/photos/10283584@N05/45146288432/in/dateposted/

Edited: Second Image URL (showing the issue w/Bluetooth off): https://www.flickr.com/photos/10283584@N05/30423564537/in/dateposted/

Please notice:

1. The notification icon show the number 1, which means there is 1 new notification.
    2. Yet, the notification area shows "No new notification."
    3. The Bluetooth button is in RED, but even after getting to return to the default color the "1" does not go away.

:)

Bertram Moshier, Oct 16, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

After update: I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I...

battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

After update: I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I...

1. After update: I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I... - Similar Threads - update notifications icon

2. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."*moved from Windows / Apps on...
  3. Notification tells me I have a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification tells me I have a virus.: Windows Defender tells me it cannot access a file and tells me to contact my IT Administrator. I am on the computer and I am the only administrator. From what I can see, the subject is not being displayed."Notification tells me I have a virus."...
  4. Task Bar icon issues after Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar icon issues after Windows 10 update.: After installing May 25, 2021—KB5003214 OS Builds 19041.1023, 19042.1023, and 19043.1023 Preview upgrade, the system icons on the taskbar randomly disappear along with the standard date/time icon however all the pinned apps are not affected. Restarting the PC or explorer in...
  5. Notifications/task bar

Notifications/task bar: So I have a dual monitor setup and my main monitor is what I use to game but my notifications always pop up and I have moved the task bar with the notifications to my secondary monitor but after a few minutes the notifications will start appearing on my main monitor again....
  6. I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot see Wi-Fi icon on the task bar.: I checked in the Settings if wifi is on and yes, it showed that I have Wi-Fi connection. But I see the icon that means Ethernet connection, not Internet. I tried to reboot my PC and it fixes the issue but only temporary...
  7. notifications in icon on task bar

notifications in icon on task bar: i accidently stopped notifications from games like ceasars slots showing in the icon on the task bar. how do i get these back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-in-icon-on-task-bar/adef0a98-83a7-4046-a8af-a5b859d19c0e
  8. After update: I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I...

After update: I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I...: Hello, Originally, I posted this question in the default group (per the form), but got only 1 reply and no follow up (after a week). I'm posting in the update group because I ONLY saw this problem start after applying update KB4458469 (or maybe it was KB4100347 - saw it...
  9. I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I have one or...

I see a new "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I have one or...: Hello, I see a "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I have new notifications. Yet when I click on the icon, I can't don't see any notification at all. I already tried: sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth Clean install:...
  10. I see a "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I have new...

I see a "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I have new...: Hello, I see a "notifications" icon in the Windows 10 task bar, which tells me I have new notifications. Yet when I click on the icon, I can't don't see any notification at all. I already tried: sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth Clean install:...