Windows 10: After update it runs so so so slow

Discus and support After update it runs so so so slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I have this laptop for 4 years now. It is an ACER Aspire E15 and I can just write what it is written on it as I do not really understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by andra135, Feb 5, 2019.

1. andra135 Win User

After update it runs so so so slow

Hi there,

I have this laptop for 4 years now. It is an ACER Aspire E15 and I can just write what it is written on it as I do not really understand ”computers” After update it runs so so so slow :))

IntelCore i5-5200U

Intel HD Graphics 5500

6 GB DDR3 L Memory

1000GB HDD

When I bought it I just googled all the features I needed for a program to properly work so I came up with this laptop. I do not know if what I just wrote about it, helps or not, but please....help me!

It came with the windows on it and I just installed it. I do not remember which windows it was, I think 8, but after a while I started to get

notifications to update or get windows 10. I ignored it as I knew how it looks like and I just hate it. I could ignore it for a while, until that was not possible anymore and windows 10 just installed itself.

Well...taht was it! My laptop started to run slower...and now, I just cannot stand it anymore, as I cannot do a thing on it!

I always had a payed version of an antivirus to be sure I am preotected...

I do not know what else to write...just, please help me!!!!

:)

andra135, Feb 5, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 5, 2019
  3. windows 10 running slow

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to run System maintenance troubleshooter.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 5, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After update it runs so so so slow :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. After update it runs so so so slow - Similar Threads - update runs slow

2. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  3. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  4. why is it so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is it so slow: COPY SPEED IS 355KB/S, AND IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN 1 FREAKING DAY TO COPY I'm using an microSD to SD adapter, really cheap also it takesSO FREAKING LONG to cancel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-slow/292018ca-218f-4cd6-8fbf-e369a890819c
  5. So Slow

So Slow: Is there a reason that it takes about 2 minutes or more to load a page, and I can't play video, like news. It just stops and goes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-slow/19638dda-84f9-4ea2-a7f0-757aee7701c3
  6. Everything is So Slow!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything is So Slow!!!: I purchased a Windows 10 HP laptop back in March. I moved out of my parents place in the middle of April and did not go back to get the rest of my things until today. I'm so happy I finally got my laptop back, but when I went to turn it on everything was so slow. I'm assuming...
  7. Why is Windows Update running so slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows Update running so slow: I started installing the latest Window update on my Lenovo computer an two hours ago and it is only 27% through and seems to be stuck on 27%. I have had lengthy installs before but nothing this slow. Why is this happening? I just doubled my download speed with my...
  8. Why so slow???

Why so slow???: I just got this PC and it's very slow. I scroll, it lags, I click, it lags. Even when I press the settings, it lags. My internet connection isn't the problem (My other PC that is very old, works much better) If anybody could, please help. And I can't play games nor scroll...
  9. Windows 10 runs so slow

Windows 10 runs so slow: Does Windows run slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-runs-so-slow/7bd52054-5560-45dd-9384-1e88acdb44fd
  10. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....