Windows 10: After Update KB 4559309, cannot create new folders, Win+R not working, and cannot...

Discus and support After Update KB 4559309, cannot create new folders, Win+R not working, and cannot... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Update KB4559309 was installed on 6/29 Since then, I have noticed that I cannot create new folders at all in File Explorer or Desktop, and cannot even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by squeakyonion, Jul 8, 2020.

1. After Update KB 4559309, cannot create new folders, Win+R not working, and cannot...

Update KB4559309 was installed on 6/29

Since then, I have noticed that I cannot create new folders at all in File Explorer or Desktop, and cannot even right-click at all in File Explorer or Desktop. Right-clicking results in nothing - no menu options at all. Right-clicking works in other applications.

In trying to remedy the problem, I have also discovered that the Windows Key + R shortcut doesn't work.

Very very frustrated with this problem, since the update was forced and cannot be uninstalled. Please help.

:)

squeakyonion, Jul 8, 2020
  2. singhmomi Win User

Folders not opening & cannot create new folders in Win 10

I have a weird problem that occurred in Win 10 suddenly couple weeks ago; I cannot make new folders by right clicking the desktop (or for example inside some folders to create new folders in them) and I also cannot double click folders to open them and
    instead need to right click->open. Still haven't found a solution to this, found some answers that told to check some shell extensions for example, but that didn't work. I'm also an administrator so that's not the problem. I've also done full virus and malware
    check but no viruses or malware was found. Anybody know any solution for this

singhmomi, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Nina_896 Win User
    Folders not opening & cannot create new folders in Win 10

I have a weird problem that occurred in Win 10 suddenly couple weeks ago; I cannot make new folders by right clicking the desktop (or for example inside some folders to create new folders in them) and I also cannot double click folders to open them and
    instead need to right click->open. Still haven't found a solution to this, found some answers that told to check some shell extensions for example, but that didn't work. I'm also an administrator so that's not the problem. I've also done full virus and malware
    check but no viruses or malware was found. Anybody know any solution for this?

Nina_896, Jul 8, 2020
  4. After Update KB 4559309, cannot create new folders, Win+R not working, and cannot...

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

After Update KB 4559309, cannot create new folders, Win+R not working, and cannot...

1. After Update KB 4559309, cannot create new folders, Win+R not working, and cannot... - Similar Threads - Update 4559309 cannot

2. Cannot create new folders almost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create new folders almost: Hello! I recently discovered that I cannot make new folders using File Explorer anywhere, and in some locations like in any subdirectories in C:\Program Files I cannot make new files at all.My testing has shown an exception: I can make new folders using Command Prompt, and I...
  3. Cannot create new folders almost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot create new folders almost: Hello! I recently discovered that I cannot make new folders using File Explorer anywhere, and in some locations like in any subdirectories in C:\Program Files I cannot make new files at all.My testing has shown an exception: I can make new folders using Command Prompt, and I...
  4. cannot create new folder

cannot create new folder: Suddenly no option to create new folder when right click. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-new-folder/80843612-3262-4984-b594-d8a07596ea6b
  5. Cannot Create New Folder

Cannot Create New Folder: Hi, I can't create a new folder in my Administrator account but it can be done in another account not administrator. I have followed 5-7 instructions, nothing works. Thanks...
  6. Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders

Cannot Create New Folder in Some Folders: I cannot create a new folder in the following folders All c:\users\[username]\ Documents Pictures Videos There may be others! Its ok on Desktop. I get a message saying: Item Not Found Could not find this item The item is no longer located in...
  7. cannot create a new folder in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot create a new folder in Win 10: I have not been able to create a folder in windows 10 for sometime now. need advice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-a-new-folder-in-win-10/dcd0b5ba-62b3-40fc-8d87-7c77faac1f68
  8. cannot create new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create new folder on desktop: When I right click on the desktop screen and click new folder my screen blanks out then comes back, but am unable to create a new folder. Whats going on here? Thanks for any help. K 131706
  9. Error in Win 10 cannot create new folders

Error in Win 10 cannot create new folders: I use Windows 10 on my personal pc. A few months ago there was a sudden and unexplained change: I can no longer create new folders "Ctrl+Shift+N" does not work nor does right click on the mouse. Please explain why and how to I correct this fault Paul C...
  10. Cannot Create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Create New Folders: Howdy all, So this problem popped up seemingly right after I switched over to Windows 10. As the title says, I cannot create new folders. Clicking on the New Folder button results in a New Shortcut dialog box popping up. What's even weirder is that the context menu has...