Windows 10: After update KB4524147 search no longer working

Discus and support After update KB4524147 search no longer working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing update KB4524147 search isn't working anymore. After installing an update from september I had the same problem only then the taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wout van Linschoten, Oct 5, 2019.

1. After update KB4524147 search no longer working

After installing update KB4524147 search isn't working anymore.

After installing an update from september I had the same problem only then the taskbar was not working.

I removed that and problem was gone.

Now taskbar working except for search.

This isn't the problem from Cortana, this is using dutch lenguage and Cortana is not available for dutch.

Regards Wout

:)

Wout van Linschoten, Oct 5, 2019
  2. cws666 Win User

Search no longer working in bottom toolbar

I used to be able to type a filename in the Cortana/Search box in the bottom toolbar and would be given the option to open the file location or the file. following a recent update this no longer works - it only displays Internet explorer suggestions. Any ideas anyone how this can be fixed?

cws666, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 5, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

After update KB4524147 search no longer working

File folder search function no longer works

I suggest you remove your cloud drive from the equation until it's clear indexing is working on your internal drive. Were you trying to use Windows search indexing to find things only in cloud storage? Items indexed should be as per your Indexing Options. I've certainly never tried using it to index something in cloud storage. Unless that appears as a drive letter you wont be able to specify it in Indexed locations.

Note this discussion about indexing Onedrive as an example:
    OneDrive indexing for WIndows Search – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-88984b798fce

But here Dropbox is reported as being indexed:
    OneDrive Personal does not show up in Indexing Options after moving to C:/OneDrive in Windows 10 - Super User

Does that mean searching indexed locations on your internal drive works?

Otherwise:
    Please check search indexing is working as per post #4.
    Then try open explorer at an indexed folder and try searching for a file on your disk.

dalchina, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

After update KB4524147 search no longer working

1. After update KB4524147 search no longer working - Similar Threads - update KB4524147 search

2. Windows search no longer works after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search no longer works after 2004 update: Hi. After updating Windows to 2004, Windows search no longer works. Every time I click on the search box on the desktop nothing happens. No cursor, no visual sign that I even clicked on it. I also noticed that Cortana has disappeared from the settings app. Don't know if its...
  3. More problems reported after Windows 10 KB4524147 update

in Windows 10 News
    More problems reported after Windows 10 KB4524147 update: On October 3, Microsoft issued an out of the band update for Windows 10 version 1903 and older versions with important security improvements. The patch also included a fix for an earlier issue where the Printer feature wouldn’t work properly on Windows 10 version 1909,...
  4. KB4524147

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4524147: I've red some post from users having problems with KB4524147 In my case the KB4524147 break the dns resolution in combination of using open VPN. After installing the update, reboot and connected to my company via ovpn i see my dns server and can rosolve names, a few...
  5. KB4524147 Update Breaks Windows Search

in Cortana
    KB4524147 Update Breaks Windows Search: After installing this update Windows search is not working - can't even type anything into the search box. After uninstalling the update Search returns to normal operation. I did not experience any Start menu problems, just with Windows search. So apparently we still have...
  6. Sector D: and E: and F -> not access after the update KB4524147

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sector D: and E: and F -> not access after the update KB4524147: Hello, after the update October 3, 2019-KB4524147 (OS Build 18362.388): I no longer have access to my secure Bitlocker sector D: and E: and F:. These sector are on an SSD and an HDD. But it's OK for an external HDD and USB sticks. Do you have an idea for this problem? Thank...
  7. Printing broken after KB4524147

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing broken after KB4524147: Hi All, So I had an issue where after this update, the local print spooler would just crash and not stay running. It was verified and went back to normal after I removed the hotfix. What I saw was that the print spooler would crash and it wouldn't stay running....
  8. KB4524147 After install no printer would work.

KB4524147 After install no printer would work.: After installing KB4524147 all of my installed printers were removed. Unable to install printers. Restarted pc, restarted print spooler, still unable to add printer. Uninstalled KB4524147 rebooted and printers are back and I'm able to print again....
  9. Start menu broken after KB4524147

Start menu broken after KB4524147: I'm running windows 10 home 1903.The latest cumulative update kills the start menu for me. Clicking the start button opens up a window saying " Critical error start menu not working,sign out ..." somthing like that . I tried reinstalling all windows store apps via...
  10. Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search no longer working after Anniversary Update: As the title says, my Windows Search has stopped functioning properly after the Anniversary Update. I can click on the bar, and it will bring up an empty window, but as soon as I type in anything, it closes itself. I've read up on some possible methods of fixing it,...
Tags: