Windows 10: After update, lost TouchPad application in settings, therefore touch pad not working.

Discus and support After update, lost TouchPad application in settings, therefore touch pad not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Need touch pad application to use touch pad again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LindaLancaster3, Oct 22, 2019.

1. After update, lost TouchPad application in settings, therefore touch pad not working.

Need touch pad application to use touch pad again.

:)

LindaLancaster3, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Cannot use my touch pad while I type.

Hi Leo,

Corrupted system files, outdated application, or wrong configuration settings may be the possible reasons why you can't use your touchpad while typing. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to use your touch pad while typing before?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot touchpad. It will let you update your drivers and check the device.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

After update, lost TouchPad application in settings, therefore touch pad not working.

Touch pad scroll not working after windows 10 update

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 Technical preview. It’s really unfortunate that you are facing this issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    I would suggest you to check whether touchpad has been enabled or not.

1. In the Search box, type touchpad.

2. Touch or click Mouse & touchpad settings (System settings).

3. Touch or click the Touchpad toggle to turn off or on the Touchpad.

Note:

a. When there is no Touchpad toggle look for Additional mouse options at the bottom of the page.

b. Touch or click Additional mouse options.

c. Locate the Touchpad or ClickPad tab, there will be an option to enable or disable the Touchpad.

Let us troubleshoot on this issue by reinstalling the drivers for touchpad and check the issue:

Un-install and re-install touch pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Un-install the drivers. Follow these steps to do so:

a. Type device manager search box and hit enter.

b. Right click on the touchpad drivers and select Uninstall.

c. Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Download and install the latest touchpad drivers for from manufacturer’s website in compatibility mode. Since drivers are not available for Windows 10 you can install the available drivers on manufacturer website in compatibility mode.

Let us know the result. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

After update, lost TouchPad application in settings, therefore touch pad not working.

1. After update, lost TouchPad application in settings, therefore touch pad not working. - Similar Threads - update lost TouchPad

2. touch pad no working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch pad no working: touch pad no working. touch pad don't work after update. there no drivers that seems lost touch pad after update. drivers don't help... asus k751L https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-no-working/6acbfeea-2fe6-411b-ba39-30d9d673454b
  3. touch pad not working

touch pad not working: I have An Acer laptop and the touch pad suddenly stopped responding. I periodically get an icon showing the touch pad not working. How can I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-not-working/f3e2f442-0d96-444d-9134-49c71f6c5d92
  4. Touch Pad Settings

Touch Pad Settings: HiIn my lenovo think pad, some of the touch pad settings were missed, I had attached a snap for your reference.How can I solve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-pad-settings/b284bf64-9048-4a2d-9fed-9898bd2730cc
  5. mouse and touch pad is not working after updates

mouse and touch pad is not working after updates: why is my mouse and touchpad not working after upadate windows into my computer.i can't find my mouse and touch pad settings it is not into setting area...
  6. Touch-pad not working after update!

Touch-pad not working after update!: My touch-pad stooped working all of a sudden. The hotkeys doesn't turn it back on and the device is also not shown in the device manager! Please tell me a way to fix it. All usb devices work though!...
  7. touch pad not working

touch pad not working: Hello, i have recently updated my dell laptop which is, running on 32 bit operating system, windows 7 professional OS to windows 10 pro. but after the update my touch pad stopped working. i have tried many drivers but nothing was compatible . isn't there a compatible driver...
  8. touch pad settings

touch pad settings: Whenever my finger drifts towards the left side of the touchpad, possibly only the left top, it causes my app or browser that I'm working in to zoom in. I need to disable that but I can't find the setting for it....
  9. touch pad not working

touch pad not working: I've recently updated to the newest windows update for widows 10 and my touch pad had gotten finicky after the update before the latest but now it does not work at all I've surfed the web on the issue and tried reinstalling the driver but it still does not work I need help...
  10. Touch pad Not working after Update-

Touch pad Not working after Update-: My touch pad stopped working after the last Windows 10 Update. I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. I tried updating/installing drivers. The mouse/touchpad doesn't show up under Device Manager, even when set to "Show hidden devices." I ran antivirus (malwarebytes and AVG) and...