Windows 10: After update my pin no longer works.

Discus and support After update my pin no longer works. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my pc, the next morning I turned it on and it says my pin is no longer available due to security settings. I've tried everything google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisGenore, Feb 16, 2021.

1. After update my pin no longer works.

I updated my pc, the next morning I turned it on and it says my pin is no longer available due to security settings.

I've tried everything google knows with no positive results.

Anyone else have this issue?

I work from home so this needs to be resolved asap!!

:)

ChrisGenore, Feb 16, 2021

2. PIN no longer working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having issues in using and setting up PIN on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to login to the PC prior to this issue, or this is the first time?
    • Are you able to login to the same user account using the password?

If you are bale to login to the PC with the help of the password, then refer this article to troubleshoot:
    Fix problems with your PIN

Meanwhile, we would also suggest you to perform these steps and check, if you are able to login to the account using password or boot the PC in
    safe modefrom login screen.

Note:
    Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry

Steps to delete the NGC folder

1. Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    2. Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    3. When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\TestHooks
    4. In the right pane, double click on the DWORD entry named value set it to
    5. Close registry settings and open File Explorer.
    6. Navigate to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC and delete all the contents in the NGC folder
    7. Restart the PC and then add PIN in Windows Settings
      (Accounts > Sign in option > Windows Hello PIN).

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 16, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Pin no longer works on laptop and hotmail password changed after update!

Hello,

If your PIN is not working after an update, it could be that you may need to recreate your PIN, or that an application is blocking you from signing in using your PIN, etc. For us to isolate the issue in signing in using your PIN, kindly respond to the questions
    below:

• When attempting to sign in using your PIN, are there any error messages? If there are, what is the exact error message that you get?
    • Which update was installed on your device recently?
    • Aside from resetting the PIN, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Feb 16, 2021
  4. After update my pin no longer works.

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

After update my pin no longer works.

1. After update my pin no longer works. - Similar Threads - update pin longer

2. Why is my cleaner no longer working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my cleaner no longer working after an update: Why doesn’t my cleaner app work after an update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cleaner-no-longer-working-after-an/c3ab9c16-228a-410c-88f1-cccd85c11780
  3. Why is my cleaner no longer working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my cleaner no longer working after an update: Why doesn’t my cleaner app work after an update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cleaner-no-longer-working-after-an/c3ab9c16-228a-410c-88f1-cccd85c11780
  4. Pin no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin no longer works: how can i change the user in windows, my wife passed away and i am using her computer since mine was pretty old, i have her pin but don't have her password and it's not a current email, the pin used to work now it doesn't now...
  5. Pin no longer works

Pin no longer works: how can i change the user in windows, my wife passed away and i am using her computer since mine was pretty old, i have her pin but don't have her password and it's not a current email, the pin used to work now it doesn't now...
  6. PIN no longer works following Bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN no longer works following Bios update: I recently updated to Windows 11. After it updated to that, it then went straight to updating the Bios. After the updates were completed it says "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up you PIN again." When I go...
  7. PIN no longer works following Bios update

PIN no longer works following Bios update: I recently updated to Windows 11. After it updated to that, it then went straight to updating the Bios. After the updates were completed it says "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up you PIN again." When I go...
  8. my wifi no longer works after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my wifi no longer works after Windows update: After a Windows update in the first part of September, my network list is visible and it says it's connected but there's no connection and I can't get on the Internet. Seems like it's a common problem. I've tried a thousand things. I have a Surface Book 2 that's connecting...
  9. Pin to start no longer works

Pin to start no longer works: After the last windows 10 software update, there are several problems. The most annoying is that the pin to start no longer works. Can that be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-to-start-no-longer-works/f1ca1526-ce8a-4e4b-a8da-f8ac03219fde
  10. PIN no longer working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN no longer working: I tried to use my new laptop and this message pops up when I try to do anything . I don't know how to get the settings to change my PIN[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-no-longer-working/1b1f05aa-93b2-4e9b-8b59-cdcaad0e98a5