Windows 10: After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode

Discus and support After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft,I desperately need your assistance. I installed normal Windows updates today and when my PC restarted it asked for a BitLocker recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Parminder Rai, Aug 30, 2022.

1. After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode

Dear Microsoft,I desperately need your assistance. I installed normal Windows updates today and when my PC restarted it asked for a BitLocker recovery key. I have no idea why this has come up as I have never set up BitLocker. I tried to follow the steps and obtain the the key but it said: "We don't have anything to show you at this link. Try searching for what you want instead.". I need to access my PC desperately.Kind Regards,Parminder.

:)

Parminder Rai, Aug 30, 2022
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 30, 2022
  3. Louie_101 Win User
    Surface pro locked with screen 'preparing bitlocker recovery'

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

I would suggest you check this link for solution provided by Barb Bowman:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Aug 30, 2022
  4. RinzlerCL Win User

After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode

Bitlocker Recovery Mode

My Bitlocker has been triggered in the safe boot mode and unfortunately I can't recover the Bitlocker Recovery Key/Password. I have tried all the options of recovering the the Bitlocker Recovery Key but the results aren't positive. The only option left now is to erase all the drives. So my question is , will erasing the laptop release it from the Bitlocker Recovery Mode

RinzlerCL, Aug 30, 2022
Thema:

After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode

1. After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode - Similar Threads - Update Surface went

2. BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts: Hello,anytime I turn the computer on or restart it, I see the "BitLocker recovery" screen asking for the recovery key: "BitLocker needs your recovery key to unblock your drive because the Boot Configuration Data setting 0x12000002 has changed for the following boot...
  3. BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker keeps entering recovery mode after restarts: Hello,anytime I turn the computer on or restart it, I see the "BitLocker recovery" screen asking for the recovery key: "BitLocker needs your recovery key to unblock your drive because the Boot Configuration Data setting 0x12000002 has changed for the following boot...
  4. Bitlocker recovery after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery after bios update: My Alienware M15 started an update today, and during restart, the bitlocker recovery screen popped up. I have not turned on bitlocker on this device, so there is no bitlocker code. I have the recovery ID, but that is it. How can I get passed this?...
  5. Bitlocker recovery after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery after bios update: My Alienware M15 started an update today, and during restart, the bitlocker recovery screen popped up. I have not turned on bitlocker on this device, so there is no bitlocker code. I have the recovery ID, but that is it. How can I get passed this?...
  6. After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode

After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode: Dear Microsoft,I desperately need your assistance. I installed normal Windows updates today and when my PC restarted it asked for a BitLocker recovery key. I have no idea why this has come up as I have never set up BitLocker. I tried to follow the steps and obtain the the key...
  7. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Mode: My Bitlocker has been triggered in the safe boot mode and unfortunately I can't recover the Bitlocker Recovery Key/Password. I have tried all the options of recovering the the Bitlocker Recovery Key but the results aren't positive. The only option left now is to erase all the...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

Bitlocker Recovery Mode: My Bitlocker has been triggered in the safe boot mode and unfortunately I can't recover the Bitlocker Recovery Key/Password. I have tried all the options of recovering the the Bitlocker Recovery Key but the results aren't positive. The only option left now is to erase all the...
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program: As I was cleaning my Laptop (Acer Aspire ES 14) I thought that uninstalling programs that i never use would boost the system and save some space. So I uninstalled some of them and there was no problem untill I tried uninstalling HP Shop For Supplies Program that came with the...