Windows 10: After update on 08/17/2021 HUGE SOUND ISSUES

Discus and support After update on 08/17/2021 HUGE SOUND ISSUES in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Updated computer on 08/16/2021 Windows 10 ever since the update the following issue is happeningThe sound on my speakers is being automatically MUTED... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thhynesct, Aug 18, 2021.

1. thhynesct Win User

After update on 08/17/2021 HUGE SOUND ISSUES

Updated computer on 08/16/2021 Windows 10 ever since the update the following issue is happeningThe sound on my speakers is being automatically MUTED and UN-MUTED with no input from the keyboard.I have tried removing all the sound drivers and having windows reinstall them - that did not workI tried rolling the computer back to 08/15/2021 however the problem still persisted. Removed the sound drivers againPerformed another reinstall of the update that came on 08/16/2021 and the same issue came back with a NEW TWISTA big black box with a sound indicator and some window that shows me the title of

:)

thhynesct, Aug 18, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Most updates no longer install - tried many things. Help please!

I've got very limited time in which the computer can be tuned up.
    The tune up may or may not fix the failure to upgrade.
    Indicate if you want to run the tune up steps.
    An alternative is to save files and reinstall Windows, drivers, and applications.

List any installed or recently installed/uninstalled non-Microsoft:
    a) antivirus
    b) firewall
    c) drive encryption

Code:

zbook, Aug 18, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue After update on 08/17/2021 HUGE SOUND ISSUES :p

cadaveca, Aug 18, 2021
  4. After update on 08/17/2021 HUGE SOUND ISSUES

Sound Issues

Hi Junior,

The change on the sound quality of your device after the recent update can be related to an incompatible driver. As an initial step to resolve your concern, we suggest that you update your driver by following these steps:

• Type Device Manager in the search box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Click the drop-down arrow for Sound, video and game controllers to view the driver.
    • Right-click the installed sound driver and select Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab.
    • Select Update Driver to update your sound driver.
    • If the driver is updated, you can reinstall the existing driver by repeating steps
      1 to 5.
    • This time, select Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling the driver, restart your device to automatically reinstall the driver.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

After update on 08/17/2021 HUGE SOUND ISSUES

1. After update on 08/17/2021 HUGE SOUND ISSUES - Similar Threads - update 2021 HUGE

2. huge variance in sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    huge variance in sound: when recording a lecture i hear the teacher clearly when his is close but if he walks just a few steps away the sound drops dramatically to being inaudible. is there some setting I should change ? is he somehow being noise cancelled ? i feel that if i just "boost" the...
  3. huge variance in sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    huge variance in sound: when recording a lecture i hear the teacher clearly when his is close but if he walks just a few steps away the sound drops dramatically to being inaudible. is there some setting I should change ? is he somehow being noise cancelled ? i feel that if i just "boost" the...
  4. huge variance in sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Huge issues after power outtage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huge issues after power outtage: We had a power outtage during a winter storm. Computer lost power while idling not actively in use, but windows up and running, not in standby/sleep or screen saver etc. Extremely long startups. It tries to run a check disk and repair on D every time D being a 2tb ssd storage...
  6. Huge issues after power outtage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Huge issues after power outtage: We had a power outtage during a winter storm. Computer lost power while idling not actively in use, but windows up and running, not in standby/sleep or screen saver etc. Extremely long startups. It tries to run a check disk and repair on D every time D being a 2tb ssd storage...
  7. Huge issues after power outtage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 problems after 30/08/2021 automatic update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 problems after 30/08/2021 automatic update: Hello,Following a Windows 10 update on 30/08/2021, my table PC is entirely messed up.- The wallpaper has disappeared- The only icons appearing on the desktop are shortcuts from a few programs- If I need to get back all my folders shortcuts onto the desktop, I need to click...
  9. Surface Pro won't download 2021-08 Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro won't download 2021-08 Cumulative Update: I keep getting the following message: "We couldn't connect to the update service," and suggests that I check my internet connection. However, the internet connection is working....
  10. Sound issues W10 2021

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound issues W10 2021: Hi all, So I am having this problem where when I jack in my headphones I am getting no sound. The system detects the device, the sound bars are moving as I have music playing but nothing in ear. I have tried all the fixes under the sun and google, my last hope is that...