Windows 10: After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore

Discus and support After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Basically today windows 10 updated (I'd put it off for a month so its the update from about a month ago) since than, every time I open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Park500, Nov 29, 2020.

1. After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore

After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore aP1jfeh23ZlS58mTeJZ259J36P_cCqgUlNwbY95JGHE.jpg

Basically today windows 10 updated (I'd put it off for a month so its the update from about a month ago)

since than, every time I open a folder that has Video files in it, it will open the folder in detail mode and than slowly black out the details leaving only the icon as it travels down the list, before converting the folder to your standard file icon layout

This was never an issue before, my PC is quite powerful, and I'm technically proficient enough to count out a virus or other program causing this, I'm fairly certain it is due to the update

anyone know any idea what could be causing this, I assume this is simply a settings option however due to how aggressively anti user windows 10 is I cannot for the life of me decipher which hidden corner of the options settings is causing this

initial folder view on opening

as it moves down the list whiting the details out

Further also done

before converting to the standard file settings I had before this update this

example took about 1-2 seconds might not sound much but every single time you open a folder like this it is incredibly annoying (folders with many more files take much longer)

there isn't a game alive that I cannot play max settings with no FPS issues, and yet opening a folder causes the system to lag (and I cannot cut the file exploration short by going backwards or closing the folder either, I must wait until this folder converting process is complete) incredibly annoying

if you know of someone to undo this I will name my first born after you.

F, you Microsoft

submitted by /u/Park500
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Park500, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Opening Graphic and Video Files

Hi Ralph,

Please follow the steps and see if it helps:

• Right click on the video file.
    • Click on open with
    • Choose the appropriate program to open with.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 29, 2020
  4. erocker Win User

After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore

[Updated]AMD/ATi 2D Clock Guide

Ever since Catalyst 11.6, AMD has changed things around somewhat since the previous guide with the HD 5XXX series. Here's the updated guide on how to set your 2D clocks where you want them. Please let me know if anything can be made clearer in this guide. Enjoy!

[heading]Step 1[/heading]
    • Open AMD Vision Control Center (Advanced View).
    • Presets.
    • Add Preset.
    After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore clocks1.jpg

[heading]Step 2[/heading]
    • Enter a profile name in the field.
    • Tick "Save" then close. Do not activate the profile yet.
    After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore clocks2.jpg

[heading]Step 3[/heading]
    • Now you will need to make sure you can view hidden folders on your system by going to the Control
    Panel-->Folder Options-->View tab and select "Show hidden files, folders and drives." Close.

• Go to your "My Documents" folder and open the AppData folder. From there open the Local folder->ATi->ACE then right click the Profiles document (Not the folder yet) and tick edit.
    • Highlight everything and tick Copy. Close.
    • Now open the Profiles folder then right click and tick edit on the profile (that you named earlier). Delete the entries in there, then paste in what you copied just earlier.
    After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore clocks3.jpg

After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore clocks4.jpg

• From there you change the two values below. As I indicate in the picture I'm using CrossFire so I have two entries to change. Input the 2D clocks you want, then Save.
    • Save it then right click the CCC icon and activate your profile

After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore clocks5.jpg

After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore clocks6.jpg

erocker, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore

1. After update opening any folder with a video file in it is a chore - Similar Threads - update opening folder

2. File explorer can't open photos or videos or right click any files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer can't open photos or videos or right click any files.: Whenever I try to open a photo or video in file explorer it doesn't work and it doesn't give me an error. It just keeps loading and then I can't click anything in file explorer since its loading and I have to close it. All the file explorer fixes I can find online are just...
  3. Can't save any files on any folder after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save any files on any folder after latest windows update: If I try to save something it says "C:\Users\User\Documents\note.txt File not found. Check the file name and try again." or "C:\note.txt A required privilege is not held by the client." I have tried turning off windows defender I am the administrator of my computer and I...
  4. after an automatic update I can't open any Word files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after an automatic update I can't open any Word files: and get the error message - "the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142: How do I get my laptop to work again - only the browser is functioning Chrome after this,...
  5. File Explorer crashes after opening any file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer crashes after opening any file.: Basically the title. If I open my file explorer, then a document then click back to file explorer, it locks up, my cursor spins. The explorer closes out then opens again in about 5 seconds. It's a huge pain when I need to open say five documents in quick succession. I've...
  6. Any program that remembers the opened folders and files in a section?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any program that remembers the opened folders and files in a section?: I found that whenever I restart the computer I will lose all the works (folders and files) opened in the current section. Is there any program or method I can use to remember the folders/files opened, and after shut down or restart I can use the program to instantly reopen...
  7. Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.

Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.: I follow these steps to fix my problem Fix File Explorer if it won't open or start and I also tried other fixes that is mentioned in other posts but non is working for me. The last step where it says Run Automatic Repair is only step left. Can someone tell me why its not...
  8. Not opening any files

Not opening any files: Since yesterday none of my files are being opened and all files are loaded with extension botmap. Please help me... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-opening-any-files/5c01555c-236e-43e1-9bed-22b5b30586cb"
  9. Right Click on Any Movie/Video file on folder will "Not Responding" the Folder and Nothing...

Right Click on Any Movie/Video file on folder will "Not Responding" the Folder and Nothing...: When I Right click on particular Video/Movie file that folder becomes "Not Responding", and Restart the File Explorer sometimes when I try to close the folder. Sometimes for open a such folder contains a video file also take sometime and when I double click on that folder...
  10. Video files that don't open with any type of player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video files that don't open with any type of player: Hi. Some vids hosted on zippyshare and similar other sites took my interest so I downloaded them. The files are the size they were stated to be and have an mp4 extension but they don't play with any of my players nor load with any editor/converter program. The mediainfo app...