Windows 10: After update, start menu and win+i not functional.

Discus and support After update, start menu and win+i not functional. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After installing the most recent update to win 10, I noticed that my task bar was stuck on top of games. Further investigation showed me it's far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Illyndra, Dec 12, 2019.

1. After update, start menu and win+i not functional.

After installing the most recent update to win 10, I noticed that my task bar was stuck on top of games. Further investigation showed me it's far deeper than just that.

The start menu will not open on click. the notifications tab on the taskbar will also not open. I tried a few solutions I found online and through that realized that the win+i hotkey will also not work. I have done the obligatory restart to troubleshoot and nothing. I tried restarting windows explorer, sfc /scannow ( task will not complete. hits 14% and quits), DISM restorehealth (can't run this because i have to run CMD from win+r and therefore need admin) And I've since run out of easy options for a fix.

Does anyone know of anything else I can do? I don't even think I can run a system restore since I can't open my settings. I'm completely lost here.

submitted by /u/Illyndra
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Illyndra, Dec 12, 2019

2. Lost my Start Menu on Win 10 laptop

Hi Sherry,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you perform the steps in the support article below:

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Jeraldine Ase, Dec 12, 2019
  3. rk3066 Win User
    In Win.7 is there a Classic Start Menu/Button

Hi,

I'm on Windows Vista at the moment using Opera Browser and I has the nice Start Menu and i'm wondering if there is a program to add a modified Menu cause Win.7 don't have it. I tried Classic Shell it worked but it isn't like the Original Menu with the Microsoft Logo on the left

rk3066, Dec 12, 2019
  4. up2trix Win User

After update, start menu and win+i not functional.

Where are Win 10 Start Menu Program Properties (like "Start in")?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried doing exactly what you said, but after I do the Open file location step, what happens is that a new File Explorer instance is launched which views the folder that contains the tile program. There is (generally speaking) no shortcut inside that folder--instead, that folder contains the real program.

It looks like the old Win 7 Start menu's Properties menu functionality seems to have totally disappeared, I am sad to report.

up2trix, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

After update, start menu and win+i not functional.

1. After update, start menu and win+i not functional. - Similar Threads - update start menu

2. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  3. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  4. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  5. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  6. Start menu not functioning

Start menu not functioning: I recently built a new PC and installed windows 10 on it. However, whenever the windows key or logo in the bottom left of the screen is clicked, the search bar disappears and nothing else happens....
  7. non functioning start menu / windows icon after glitchy update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    non functioning start menu / windows icon after glitchy update: I assume Windows 10 downloaded an update yesterday because today I cannot open Windows explorer, or Cortana or Task View on the taskbar. Windows key not working but I never use it anyway. Cannot get to 'settings' due to non functioning start menu button on desktop. Would...
  8. start menu and taskbar is not functioning

start menu and taskbar is not functioning: what should I do to fix the start menu and taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-not-functioning/83811cce-2f9b-43de-9a33-7036cdec4a22
  9. Start menu functions

Start menu functions: I'm running latest version of Windows 10. After a recent update the "Search" option in the Start button doesn't work. Also I've discovered that the "Command Prompt" and "Command Prompt (Admin)" don't work. I've looked around to try and reinstall the start menu but without...
  10. Start Menu not functioning

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not functioning: Hi,Im Fatcat from Asia. Just installed Win 10 Ent. Found out that Start Menu which contains few functions refused to work - every time I click the items, it wont execute...please refer to the image. regards. [img] 22569