Windows 10: after update synaptics driver not working properly

Discus and support after update synaptics driver not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; after a recent update of windows 10 my touchpad is not working properly.only the pointer is working and scroll down ,three finger gestures and all are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kdrockzz331, Feb 25, 2020.

1. after update synaptics driver not working properly

after a recent update of windows 10 my touchpad is not working properly.only the pointer is working and scroll down ,three finger gestures and all are not working at all.i have tried reinstalling even new synaptics drivers from device manufacturer but I didn't find any solution.can u help me out?

:)

kdrockzz331, Feb 25, 2020

2. Synaptics driver update for Synaptics SMBus ClickPad - Error 0x800f0248

Hi,

This issue may occur due to the outdated Synaptic Touchpad
    drivers. Try the below steps and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to download and install the latest Synaptic Touchpad drivers from the device manufacturer’s website and uninstall the Synaptic touchpad drivers and re-install the same again.

Note: Make sure you download and save the Touch Pad driver and installed it before uninstalling the same.

To uninstall Synaptic touchpad drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager

• Locate Mice and other pointing devices and expand the same.

• Right-click the Synaptic driver and select
      Uninstall. (Note: keep the latest installed Synaptic driver)

• Restart the computer, if prompted.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 25, 2020
  3. synaptics Pointing Device Driver

Try Uninstalling your device first, restart and then Install again.

Step 1:

• Open device manager by right clicking This PC and select Manage. On the left pane, click the same.
    • Under Mouse and pointing devices, right click the synaptics driver and click Uninstall.
    Step 2:

Restart when prompted. Remember, Restart!

Step 3:

Install the synaptics driver again using the setup utility provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Vaio 7 Win User

after update synaptics driver not working properly

Latest Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10

After updating from b. 10240 to 10586.3 ( W 10 x64), Windows installed an older version of Synaptics 19.0.15.2, before I had 19.0.19.1.
    Also now, in Device Manager, it's listed under PS/2 Port touchpad, before it was SmBus.
    Windows Update does no longer provide 19.0.19.1 driver, Why??
    What are the recommended steps to get installed manually the latest Synaptics driver because with the currently installed driver, mouse scrolling does not work for Start menu - All apps, with 19.0.19.1 it used to work.
    Also what is the name of the x64 .inf to use for update synSmbDrv.inf or SynPD.inf??
    Thank you.

Vaio 7, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

after update synaptics driver not working properly

1. after update synaptics driver not working properly - Similar Threads - update synaptics driver

2. Synaptics touchpad no longer working after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Synaptics touchpad no longer working after updating: Hello, I just want to preface this by saying I'm not a really a techy person so I may not know all the terms and whatnot. Anyways, I had an old HP Stream 11 laying around and decided to update it to Windows 10. I updated it by downloading the update to a flash drive and used...
  3. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad Not working Properly: Hi Uday Here , Hope every thing is fine out there. I don't know why my Mouse Pointer works in a weird fashion. Like for some time it works absolutely fine and after few minutes it will stop working for a while like about 2 minutes. I have seen a few posts in Internet on...
  4. Synaptics touchpad driver not working

Synaptics touchpad driver not working: Hi all, I need help I'm not very good with computers but I can follow instructions very well if anyone can help me. My Touchpad stopped working. I've tried everything that I had Googled... I have an HP Laptop 15-bs1xx I tried to update the drivers in the device manager...
  5. Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver update?

Synaptics SMBus TouchPad driver update?: Hi, I have just upgraded an HP 15-af156sa laptop to 1909 18363.815 However, the touchpad is laggy in that about every 2 secs the mouse response stops for a split second then off it goes again and so on The current driver is 19.3.31.31 but a support thread it should be...
  6. WIFI driver doesn't work properly after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIFI driver doesn't work properly after Windows update: Hello, I have Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th and everything was fine with the WIFI driver until April. Then Windows got updated and since then I haven't been able to connect to secured WIFI networks. I literally tried EVERYTHING and googled a lot about it, nothing helped. The...
  7. HP Spectre x360 Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

HP Spectre x360 Synaptics Touchpad not working properly: I am turning to the Microsoft community for help after a number of days trying to resolve issues I am having with the touchpad on my HP Spectre x360 laptop. For some reason the touchpad is no longer scrolling, zooming, and the touchpad option menu under mice and pointing...
  8. synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update

synaptics fingerprint not working properly after windows 10 1903 update: Ever Since I have upgraded my windows 10 to 1903 on june-17th-2019, the synaptics wbdi is not at all working properly (for Windows Hello) when I open Device manager>Biometric Devices>Synaptics WBDI>properties: "this device cannot start. (code 10)" Although its working...
  9. Synaptics touchpad drivers not working after upgrading to windows 10.

Synaptics touchpad drivers not working after upgrading to windows 10.: Hi i'm new to the forum. I just got this laptop (Dell Vostro 3558 i3), a few days ago i upgraded to windows 10 using the media creation tool. After the upgrade, the touch pad works but I cannot scroll. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. When I...
  10. Synaptics Touchpad not working properly

Synaptics Touchpad not working properly: Hello. Since upgrading to Windows 10, my touchpad is not working properly any more. It's not that the touchpad isn't working at all or that I can't move or control the pointer. I say it isn't working properly because, occasionally, one single tap is read as multiple taps,...