Windows 10: After update the computer turned on but said update did not complete and will not reboot

Discus and support After update the computer turned on but said update did not complete and will not reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop had a update and will fully reboot. I have tried everything and still will not reboot I can't even re install windows 10. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KayBelter, May 11, 2020.

1. KayBelter Win User

After update the computer turned on but said update did not complete and will not reboot

Hello,

My laptop had a update and will fully reboot. I have tried everything and still will not reboot I can't even re install windows 10.

Please help should I call tech support.

The Dell laptop came with windows 8 and when windows 10 came out I did a up grade.

Kay Belter

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

KayBelter, May 11, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond After update the computer turned on but said update did not complete and will not reboot :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 11, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, May 11, 2020
  4. After update the computer turned on but said update did not complete and will not reboot

computer won't reboot after win 10 creators update.

HP laptop won't reboot after trying to complete Win 10 Creators Update. Update screen sat at 99% complete for 9 hours. Geek Squad suggested to remove battery; then turn on computer. But I only get the hp icon and spinning circle...computer will not
    start up beyond this point. Any suggestions?

PatriciaZentz, May 11, 2020
Thema:

After update the computer turned on but said update did not complete and will not reboot

1. After update the computer turned on but said update did not complete and will not reboot - Similar Threads - update computer turned

2. Update Assistant completes without error, but after rebooting the machine is not updated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Assistant completes without error, but after rebooting the machine is not updated.: I am in the process of updating company machines to 21H2, but I am finding that machines around 2004 or older are not wanting to update.It's not that they get any error or that the Update Assistant doesn't complete it's job. It's just that it flat out isn't updated after...
  3. Update Assistant completes without error, but after rebooting the machine is not updated.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Assistant completes without error, but after rebooting the machine is not updated.: I am in the process of updating company machines to 21H2, but I am finding that machines around 2004 or older are not wanting to update.It's not that they get any error or that the Update Assistant doesn't complete it's job. It's just that it flat out isn't updated after...
  4. Update Assistant completes without error, but after rebooting the machine is not updated.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Rebooting After Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Rebooting After Updates: Hi since this update KB5004296 was installed my PC yesterday, it reboots on its own. After this update was installed today KB5004331, it rebooted on it's own. Anybody else experienced this problem, is it a problem? 183372
  6. My Tablet will not turn on after did an update yesterday

My Tablet will not turn on after did an update yesterday: After the windows on my tablet yesterday. I am not able to turn the tablet and it is not taking a charge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tablet-will-not-turn-on-after-did-an-update/d7d9d7f7-e37a-40e1-bd27-ab169f9dfaec
  7. Windows update assistant completes but update fails after reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update assistant completes but update fails after reboot: I'm running build 1903 and I have been trying to update for over 4 months now (can only try and update once maybe twice a month because I have very low monthly data limits). I have gone through windows update which installs the normal updates fine but the feature update...
  8. Windows update assistant completes but update fails after computer reboots.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update assistant completes but update fails after computer reboots.: I'm running build 1903 and I have been trying to update for over 4 months now (can only try and update once maybe twice a month because I have very low monthly data limits). I have gone through windows update which installs the normal updates fine but the feature update...
  9. Computer will not complete startup after Windows Update

Computer will not complete startup after Windows Update: My computer performed an automatic update of Windows 10. After the update and restart of the computer, the computer fails to complete the startup process. I get to the point where I enter the windows PIN number. I enter it, and the computer begins to proceed to the...
  10. Computer not restarting / rebooting after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not restarting / rebooting after update: I downloaded the new windows update 2 days ago and it prompted me to log into my email. I didnt have my pw to hand so turned off the computer. Once i turned it back on it has been stuck on a blue screen giving a variety of troubleshooting options. I first tried to restart,...