Windows 10: After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store

Discus and support After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store. Dell Inspiron 13 5368 Windows Home 1809 I can't install any apps from the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by lintekPC, Mar 9, 2019.

1. lintekPC Win User

After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store

After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store.

Dell Inspiron 13 5368

Windows Home 1809

I can't install any apps from the Store and the some that I don't want won't uninstall.

I need some help here.

I did:

- run troubleshooter

- check antivirus (only MS Security is installed)

- run the reset Store tool

- blah blah blah

I won't reset and reinstall Windows. That approach is seems way over board.

See screen shots.

After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store 50d8040b-b20f-4329-b00c-0ba8bc79d24f?upload=true.png

After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store 2a56a1fa-2fc2-4fbd-8012-13b384ba87f5?upload=true.png

After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store 1b275c10-a1d5-46a0-8ecf-b635e2ed626d?upload=true.png

:)

lintekPC, Mar 9, 2019

2. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 9, 2019
  3. AaronMcH Win User
    Broken User Profile, Windows 10

I managed to get this fixed (kind of), I was able to successfully create a new user profile.

For reference:

• I backed up the user profile (C:\Users\USERNAME)
    • Deleted the profile using the User Profiles tool (Control Panel > System and Security > System > Advanced System Settings > under User Profiles click Settings > delete the broken profile).
    • Then in Control Panel under User Accounts I added a new user with the name, but selected the domain (User Accounts > Manager User Accounts > Add > enter username of user to add and Active Directory domain name).
    I was then able to login with a fresh profile and everything now works fine.

AaronMcH, Mar 9, 2019
  4. After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store

Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store

1. After update to 1809, created new user profile, still have broken Store - Similar Threads - update 1809 created

2. Hard Drive Is Full After Having To Create A New User Following An Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard Drive Is Full After Having To Create A New User Following An Update: So, long story shorter, after an update several months back my laptop came out of the windows update with my desktop blank all the settings on default, and all my files missing in the explorer. I did some searching and found the files were still on my drive, but inaccessible,...
  3. User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Service Profile Cannot be Loaded-New profile created: My child is not able to login to his account, received the User Service profile cannot be loaded message. I have performed disk cleanup, restarted laptop numerous, ran in safety mode several times still received same result. Created a brand new profile for my child, restarted...
  4. Windows 10 update: build 1809 to 1903 - new user created

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update: build 1809 to 1903 - new user created: I updated to 1803 last year. In the process my user profile was changed from "myname" to "myname.000" All documents and folders had been moved to the new user in the process of the update. I spent some time updating permissions in Dropbox account, my Network storage and...
  5. Creating User Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating User Profile: hey, it is possible to create another user account with admin privileges but not being able to delete another admin user account? if so, how? windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-user-profile/14a0ba41-d9f0-4696-843a-c6788a0fb8a8
  6. File associations still broken in build 1809 for local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    File associations still broken in build 1809 for local user: Still having sporadic file associations getting dropped. But, the most annoying thing is that I can't set Chrome as my default browser. When I do, double clicking on an .URL shortcut says "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action..."...
  7. 1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?: In the initial wave of reports for things that were broken in the first release of 1809, there was included a fatal BSOD on attempting to boot Windows To Go: [img] It is related to WppRecorder.sys, affected both "official" and "unofficial" To Go installs, and was only...
  8. 1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1809: Is Windows To Go still broken?: In the initial wave of reports for things that were broken in the first release of 1809, there was included a fatal BSOD on attempting to boot Windows To Go: [img] It is related to WppRecorder.sys, affected both "official" and "unofficial" To Go installs, and was only...
  9. Switching Microsoft accounts without creating new profile broken?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switching Microsoft accounts without creating new profile broken?: Hi, I have also posted this on the TN forums so apaologies if anyone is reading this a second time but the wider I cast the net and all that...... I have stumbled upon a big problem for me and wonder if it is a bug or by design. I have a microsoft account that I was...
  10. "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user: Hi all. Recently upgraded to W10 from 8.1 and am now trying to create a new profile for my partner. I am able to create it so that it appears in the Accounts section and on the login page but when I try to login with it I get the error: user profile profile service failed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 upgrade created new user