Windows 10: After update to 1909 and latest security – computers sporadically dropping Ethernet...

Discus and support After update to 1909 and latest security – computers sporadically dropping Ethernet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem began about a week ago ~ 1/15/2020. We had several computers that after update to 1909 and security updates including KB4528760 - the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by goJimH, Jan 23, 2020.

1. goJimH Win User

After update to 1909 and latest security – computers sporadically dropping Ethernet...

This problem began about a week ago ~ 1/15/2020. We had several computers that after update to 1909 and security updates including KB4528760 - the network connections would sporadically drop and the adapter settings were locked up. Attempts to disable / enable the adapter produced nothing. Also they would not shut down properly. The screen would go back - computers kept running. At times when this happened - you could see an indication that these desktop workstations were in "Airplane Mode" - which makes no sense for these desktops.

I followed the steps under "Fix network connection issues in Windows" on this forum which included updating network adapter drivers and also completely uninstalling the adapter. No change.

To partially fix this - I used the media creation tool to create a USB Widows 10 Install - in reinstalled Windows 10 in place leaving all programs and data in place.

This fixed the problem on most computers.

A few computers still have this problem.

Thank you!

Jim H

:)

goJimH, Jan 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 23, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

After update to 1909 and latest security –  computers sporadically dropping Ethernet... install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

After update to 1909 and latest security –  computers sporadically dropping Ethernet... pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

After update to 1909 and latest security –  computers sporadically dropping Ethernet... select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

After update to 1909 and latest security –  computers sporadically dropping Ethernet... Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jan 23, 2020
  4. After update to 1909 and latest security – computers sporadically dropping Ethernet...

Drops Ethernet Connection On Sleep

Hello Kenny,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue:

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter and Network Adapter Troubleshooter

Step 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. It also checks if the network adapter drivers are up to date or not. It may
    also provide you some clue about the hardware failures happening to the Network Adapter. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Network Adapter”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Once after running the troubleshooters, check troubleshooting reports and let’s know the details. You may also try out the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest Network Card Drivers from the computer/network card manufacturer’s website and check the status of the issue.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Network Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Network Adapter Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Network Adapter from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Network Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following the instructions
    given in the website.

You may also refer to the articles given below, try the suggestions given in them and check if that helps:

Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Applicable for windows 10 also.)

Please wait while the system check for the updates. If updates are found, click on Install updates.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

After update to 1909 and latest security – computers sporadically dropping Ethernet...

1. After update to 1909 and latest security – computers sporadically dropping Ethernet... - Similar Threads - update 1909 latest

2. Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.: Hello,I have a problem connecting to the internet on my Aspire A715-41G. On wi-fi I have not problem, but when it comes to ethernet, I cannot manage to fix the issue.I have tried literally all "fixes" on the 1st page of google.My network device is Realtek PCIe Gbe Family...
  3. Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet problems after the latest W11 update.: Hello,I have a problem connecting to the internet on my Aspire A715-41G. On wi-fi I have not problem, but when it comes to ethernet, I cannot manage to fix the issue.I have tried literally all "fixes" on the 1st page of google.My network device is Realtek PCIe Gbe Family...
  4. Latest security update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest security update: Latest security update will not allow me to connect via VPN to my work database had to uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-security-update/012a6145-8482-4ad1-a244-813af2eaaa6a
  5. Latest security update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest security update: Latest security update will not allow me to connect via VPN to my work database had to uninstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-security-update/012a6145-8482-4ad1-a244-813af2eaaa6a
  6. fps drops after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    fps drops after latest update: hi I'm on version 20h2 with the latest update and when I tried to play a game like any game the fps will just drop to 30 or 10 in some cases when it is normally on 60 cpu: i5 3470 Gpu: Gforce gtx 960 4gb Ram:16gb ddr3 1600mhz btw all the latest nvidia drives are installed...
  7. Latest 1909 updates .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest 1909 updates .: Has anyone else had numerous apps suspended by the latest 1909 windows 10 update , including the update on March 1 2020. Microsoft store , mail, edge, cortana, WinRT OOP server ,windows shell experience host , Money and other apps are inaccessible and when attempts are made...
  8. Updating to the latest November 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to the latest November 1909 update: Here recently, my laptop just got fixed due to a major screen issue from the inside itself. I've been needing the November 1909 update for quite a while now and can't seem to install it. I would use the HP Update Assistant to get the update. 8 gigabytes needed to download the...
  9. Internet connection drops sporadically after install of latest Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection drops sporadically after install of latest Windows 10 upgrade: I allowed the upgrade of Windows 10 to proceed yesterday, and now the Internet connection drops right in the middle of working. Sometimes it stays up for awhile, sometimes it drops unexpectedly. How can I fix this? Thanks,...
  10. No ethernet after latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No ethernet after latest Windows 10 update: I no Ethernet, but I do have wireless. Everything was functional on the 9th November, and messed up after the 10 November update. I checked everything, and the pcs running Windows 10 don't have Ethernet but my Windows Server 2012r2 has Ethernet just fine. I had XFINITY check...