Windows 10: After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time

Discus and support After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The issue occurred after this update. I have to wait long while the system is booting. My system: i5, gtx1060-6gb, 16 RAM. How to sort it out? It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnglaBeam, Jul 20, 2020.

1. AnglaBeam Win User

After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time

The issue occurred after this update. I have to wait long while the system is booting. My system: i5, gtx1060-6gb, 16 RAM. How to sort it out? It was working fine before

:)

AnglaBeam, Jul 20, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Extremely long and incomplete boot

This may be a long shot. My PC hung at boot yesterday after typing the password - see Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

I ran chkdsk c: /spotfix and all is now fine. Someone has also suggested running chkdsk c: /r.

Steve C, Jul 20, 2020
  4. After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time

query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time

1. After update to 2004, the system is booting for a long time - Similar Threads - update 2004 system

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2004 Update taking a long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update taking a long time: Hi all, I'm trying to update to version 2004 on my computer, but it failed the first few times I tried (I was playing games at the time). I'm doing the update now, but it's taken nearly 2 hours and it's still only 87% installing. Is there a reason it's taken so long? Thanks...
  6. All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All browsers take a long time to launch after 2004 update: Hi. I have updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and after applying this update it takes 15+ seconds to launch Firefox, Google Chrome, the new Edge... It does not matter witch I launch, all are about same launch speed. System is a i9-9900 CPU with 16GB ram. I have tried to...
  7. Windows 10 (2004) takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 (2004) takes a long time to boot: I have a windows install I occasionally use for some software and gaming but it will sit at the blue spinning circle screen before loading the lock screen for a good minute or two on boot. Ive checked my hard drive’s SMART values and it is in good working order. I don’t know...
  8. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  9. Very long Boot time after update 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very long Boot time after update 1803: Goodmorning I've just updated my probook 4530s to 1803 version of windows 10 I have an ssd installed on my notebook. After update the boot time is over 2 minutes. Before the update was really fast, like few seconds. The boot start with the windows logo for few seconds,...
  10. long boot times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...