Windows 10: After update to 20H2, some window backgrounds are transparent

Discus and support After update to 20H2, some window backgrounds are transparent in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] On reboot after 20H2 update, win10 is showing some windows elements as transparent, making them very hard to read. This includes start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dougolicious, Feb 14, 2021.

1. After update to 20H2, some window backgrounds are transparent

/u/Dougolicious, Feb 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Durahl Win User
    20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency

Greetings

I just installed the 20H2 Test version of Win10 mainly for the Start Menu now having transparent tiles similar to how they were on W10M but alas I can't really enjoy it because of the "lack" of transparency for everything that is NOT a tile.

I can't even screenshot to show of the effect because it would turn the problematic area with not enough transparency entirely opaque so third world grade photos will have to do:

This is how my Start Full Screen would normally look like - Opaque Tiles on a 95% transparent layer slightly darkening the Desktop Background Image visible behind it:

After update to 20H2, some window backgrounds are transparent [​IMG]

This is how it now looks after the 20H2 update - Transparent tiles on a ~50% transparent grey layer almost blotting out my DBI:

After update to 20H2, some window backgrounds are transparent [​IMG]

Is there a way to up the transparency of that layer to bring back the look of the 2004 version?

Durahl, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

After update to 20H2, some window backgrounds are transparent

Is it possible to make the background transparent in the Paint program?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

It is not possible to make the background transparent in the MS Paint,
    I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 Builds to enhance user experience

Thank You.

Arun B J, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

After update to 20H2, some window backgrounds are transparent

1. After update to 20H2, some window backgrounds are transparent - Similar Threads - update 20H2 window

2. image with transparent background wont save with transparent background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image with transparent background wont save with transparent background: I tried saving image with transparent background using multiple programs, but none of them worked - when i opened my image it didnt have transparent background. I tried deleting some pixels, selecting transparent background or using crop tools. this never happened to me on...
  3. image with transparent background wont save with transparent background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image with transparent background wont save with transparent background: I tried saving image with transparent background using multiple programs, but none of them worked - when i opened my image it didnt have transparent background. I tried deleting some pixels, selecting transparent background or using crop tools. this never happened to me on...
  4. Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

Clear/transparent icon backgrounds: Yes, I googled it. everyone wants me to buy special/expensive software I can't afford or suggests things that don't work for PCs.Other's say there's a way to right click an image and make a specific color transparent... but only if you're using a cell phone.This is being used...
  5. Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clear/transparent icon backgrounds: Yes, I googled it. everyone wants me to buy special/expensive software I can't afford or suggests things that don't work for PCs.Other's say there's a way to right click an image and make a specific color transparent... but only if you're using a cell phone.This is being used...
  6. Transparent search background is missing

in Cortana
    Transparent search background is missing: HiMy transparent search background is missing. I tried many methods on google. all of them doesn't work. And I found an effect picture on internet.Can you help me?thanks a lotSpecification : Win10 Pro 20H2 19042.928 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0...
  7. 20H2 update transparent tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 update transparent tiles: I like the transparent tiles look, but not all of the apps have customisation and I was wondering if this was something that was going to be done to the rest of them, such as mahjong, taptiles, etc as the contrast looks quite odd. [ATTACH]...
  8. Problems with background colors after Windows 10 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with background colors after Windows 10 20H2 update: [ATTACH] Hello, After updating to Windows 10 20H2, I noticed that colors are not applied correctly, namely the background color when windows restarts or when we hit CTRL+ALT+DEL. My color settings are:...
  9. Transparent background black

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transparent background black: I've had this problem for sometime. Where my transparent background in my thumbnails are black. With black lines it's almost impossible to even see what the pictures is. [ATTACH] I have not trouble viewing them in photos [ATTACH] If someone can help me with this...
  10. Some apps are Transparent

Some apps are Transparent: I am using a Mi book pro with an intel 8th gen 8550 CPU, Intel graphics UHD 620, Geforce MX150 graphics card. Some softwares are transparent (see attachments), [IMG] It also retains the screen overlapping the program, and when the size of the window is adjusted, it...