Windows 10: After Update to Win 10 - 1903, Lexmark Printer Says "Communication Not Available."

Discus and support After Update to Win 10 - 1903, Lexmark Printer Says "Communication Not Available." in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the update to Windows 10 - 1903, when I try to print in any app or run a test page I get the error message, "Communication Not Available." I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobWriter, Sep 4, 2019.

1. RobWriter Win User

After Update to Win 10 - 1903, Lexmark Printer Says "Communication Not Available."

After the update to Windows 10 - 1903, when I try to print in any app or run a test page I get the error message, "Communication Not Available." I am connected directly by USB cable, no VPN and no network. Printer worked fine before the 1903 update (which seems to have a number of problems). The port is correct and printer is recognized and shows "Ready." Troubleshooting showed no problem. I am using Windows Defender firewall.

I called Lexmark. The tech said that they have had many calls with the same problem, and for unknown reason the update blocks the Lexmark printers. They say the printer is compatible with Win 10, as I know since I was using it before the update, and that the driver for Windows 7 and 8.1 works with Win 10 (I am also aware of that,) They say they have a fix, but because I am out of warranty they want an absurd $79 to divulge the secret. They suggested I find an answer at Microsoft because it is a problem caused by Microsoft and not a problem with their printer.

Has anyone had the same problem and do you know how to fix it? Thanks

:)

RobWriter, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Dutch Win User

How to get Windows 10 to find & retain a Lexmark CS310 printer?

Hello.

Windows 10 will not find my Lexmark CS310 printer that I want to use as the default printer.

After first installing Win 10, It found the printer and let me set it as the default. The printer was repeated in the list of printers in this way:
    Lexmark CS310
    Lexmark CS310 (Copy 1)

When I deleted the "Copy 1" listing, Win 10 removed *both* listings for the printer and now cannot find it. I have searched in various ways including the one about my printer is old, but all to no avail.

I can still print using that printer, but it will not retain it as the default (so I have to manually select it each time) and will not add it to the list of printers.

I read the thread "Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer in Settings" then checked my settings and saw that "Let Windows manage my default printer" is selected, but the computer does not retain the Lexmark CS310 printer after printing with that printer and cannot find it when I search for the printer.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dutch, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Launch Lexmark Printer Home app not working

I have a Lexmark Prospect Pro 205 which is no longer under warranty.

Here's the problem: I can no longer use the Launch Lexmark Printer Home app from the desktop. When I click on the app, it reads "no compatible printers are installed."

I believe this problem commenced after a Windows 10 update was installed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Lexmark driver, used the print troubleshooter, all to no avail.

The above stated problem happened once, or twice, previously, but I was able to remedy the issue.

Note: The Lexmark printer is listed in the Settings-Devices section.

In addition, small squares are printed on the test printer page.

Any suggestions from the Community is appreciated.

interested 2day, Sep 4, 2019
  4. BettyBonk Win User

After Update to Win 10 - 1903, Lexmark Printer Says "Communication Not Available."

lexmark printer 5470 was working for a few days and now says "not communicating"?

My printer Lexmark 5470 was working for a few days and stopped saying "not communicating"?

BettyBonk, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. After Update to Win 10 - 1903, Lexmark Printer Says "Communication Not Available." - Similar Threads - Update 1903 Lexmark

2. Lexmark X9350 Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lexmark X9350 Printer: Can a Lexmark X9350 printer work with windows 10. I get a message that there is no driver. But when I go to get the driver, I am not able to completely fill out the information requested. The form does not allow me to enter the version of windows I am using. Any...
  3. After The Mar./20 Microsoft WIN 10 Update My Lexmark 7350 All-In-one Failed To Communicate...

After The Mar./20 Microsoft WIN 10 Update My Lexmark 7350 All-In-one Failed To Communicate...: The Lexmark Customer Service People say that they have no solution or driver software for this ten year old printer. I even agreed to pay a $79.99 service fee. Is it possible to return to a time on my hard drive before the UPDATE? I tried going back but the system only lets...
  4. lexmark X3650 3 in 1 printer no communication with windows 10. please help

lexmark X3650 3 in 1 printer no communication with windows 10. please help: hi, Lexmark x3650 is giving no communication error with windows 10 I tried couple of solutions provided here but did not work, I installed windows 7 and 8 drivers for it separately but no result. please guide me with Lexmark software and drivers. thank you...
  5. Windows Latest Update and Lexmark P205 Printer not Communicating

Windows Latest Update and Lexmark P205 Printer not Communicating: I recently did the latest couple of Windows 10 updates. I have a Lexmark P205 Inkjet Printer that is a few years old. Now, I cannot print from my laptop - either by Wifi or by connecting the printer directly to it. I cannot uninstall the Printer, as it's CD installation was...
  6. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any...
  7. Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update

Printers Communication Error after Windows 10 update: Hi Guys, my Acer laptop I got last 2016 have 2 3.0 and a 2.0 usb ports..ever since my old Epson printers (L120 and L360) and a cutter plotter (Cameo 3) works fine in any port..but just last week while installing a not so new Brother T710w printer, the laptop's Windows 10...
  8. Win 10 1903 Cortana not available

in Cortana
    Win 10 1903 Cortana not available: The issue My tower running Win 10 with the latest updates to this date (7/7/2019) doesn't have Cortana. It's a shame not to utilize all of the features offered by Windows, so I'd like to have it enabled. The machine was upgraded from Windows 8.0 up to the latest version...
  9. Lexmark printer problem

Lexmark printer problem: Can a Lexmark printer operate in Windows10.I have an X9575model which works fine with windows7 and earlier xp for example but having installed Windows10 my laptop fails to connect either by USB or Wirelessly? Can't find any info on Lexmark site except confirmation that this...
  10. Lexmark x2550 printer

Lexmark x2550 printer: Hi my printer was working perfectly until i did windows 10 update, now it's no longer compatible, any advice as to how or can I use a different driver thanks 96821

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows no longer communicates with lexmark 2300 after lastest windows update