Windows 10: After update to Windows 1903, Thunderbird won't accept Gmail password

Discus and support After update to Windows 1903, Thunderbird won't accept Gmail password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to Windows 1903 today (8/29/19). I use Thunderbird as my e-mail client. Once the update was done, Thunderbird started asking me to re-input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris Duffield, Aug 29, 2019.

1. After update to Windows 1903, Thunderbird won't accept Gmail password

I updated to Windows 1903 today (8/29/19). I use Thunderbird as my e-mail client. Once the update was done, Thunderbird started asking me to re-input my password. Every time I do, it says, "Sending of password for *** Email address is removed for privacy *** did not succeed." Any ideas how to correct?

:)

Chris Duffield, Aug 29, 2019
  2. emvee Win User

Thunderbird does not show GMail folders

I am running Thunderbird 45.2.0 on a Windows 10 Pro X64 desktop PC without any problems. I access 2 GMail accounts, and a Yahoo account for a couple of years.

I also access these accounts on a Windows 10 Pro X64 laptop running the same version of Thunderbird. Recently, the IMAP folders disappeared in Thunderbird.

I cannot retrieve the IMAP folders, even after uninstalling Thunderbird, deleting all unused folders in Program Files and in Appdata. I also removed unused registry keys in the hope of getting rid of any corruption associated with Thunderbird installation.

After installing Thunderbird again, the problem remains: I only see an Inbox folder for the accounts, no other accounts as are still available on the Desktop installation.

I selected imap.gmail.com port 993 as the IMAP server and smtp.gmail.com port 465 as SMTP server as Thunderbird suggested. I changed the authentication to Normal password, as used on the desktop PC. However, Thunderbird reports User Name or password incorrect. The user name and password I use is correct: I can log in to GMail in Windows Edge with the user name and password I try to use in the Thunderbird setup.

I suspect the problem to be with Thunderbird as I tried to copy the profile files from the desktop PC to the laptop but the problem persists, even with the Yahoo account.

Any suggestions to get this going on the laptop?

emvee, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Doug399 Win User
    After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Aug 29, 2019
  4. rick22 Win User

After update to Windows 1903, Thunderbird won't accept Gmail password

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

yes gmail and mail.com

rick22, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

After update to Windows 1903, Thunderbird won't accept Gmail password

1. After update to Windows 1903, Thunderbird won't accept Gmail password - Similar Threads - update 1903 Thunderbird

2. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  3. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  4. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. laptop won't accept correct password after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop won't accept correct password after windows 10 update: I have a four year old Lenovo laptop and after a Windows 10 update it won't accept my password to let me login. There is no "forgot password" button anywhere, and if I attempt to uninstall features it asks me to login to the administrator account which is the account for...
  6. laptop won't accept correct password after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop won't accept correct password after windows 10 update: I have a four year old Lenovo laptop and after a Windows 10 update it won't accept my password to let me login. There is no "forgot password" button anywhere, and if I attempt to uninstall features it asks me to login to the administrator account which is the account for...
  7. laptop won't accept correct password after windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10: My hard drive crashed after the latest upgrade to 10 and it had to be replaced. When I try to log it wouldn't accept my password so I updated it. Now I get this " We'll need your current password one last time and it tells me it is incorrect. Although, it accepted it on this...
  9. updated to 1903 and my correct password was not accepted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    updated to 1903 and my correct password was not accepted: I have a password manager which I checked (on my phone) also checked my password book. I had enetered the correct password! Had to go through an unbelieveable password reset and finally got it accepted. When the screen opened, my wallpaper was gone and most of my programs...
  10. Windows 10 won't accept my password after an update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 won't accept my password after an update: I left my boys laptop on overnight updating windows 10. In the morning when it started up the only account on the PC it wouldn't accept the password , said it was incorrect. I checked using the eye In case keyboard error was typing wrong key. Flight mode has been activated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gmail does not accept password thunderbird

2. thunderbird wont work after update

3. thunderbird doesnt accept smtp password