Windows 10: After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open

Discus and support After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the update today I cannot Click on Start and Settings and open Settings. I click on the Edge Symbol either in the Start menu or in the bar at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JiadaWrynn, Aug 30, 2019.

1. After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open

After the update today I cannot Click on Start and Settings and open Settings. I click on the Edge Symbol either in the Start menu or in the bar at the bottom of the screen and nothing happens. The same thing happens with mail. Mail will not open. There is nothing I can do to fix any of this because every solution points to opening Settings from the Start menu and Settings will not open. Very bad update. I can't even get notification if someone responds so I'll check back.

:)

JiadaWrynn, Aug 30, 2019
  2. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open

After AM restart Edge will not open...

You need to select Open Microsoft Edge with Start page in Settings to open Edge with MSN news.

Step 1:

After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open [​IMG]

Step 2:

After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open [​IMG]

Step 3:

Thema:

After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open

1. After update today, cannot open Settings from start up Mail will not open Edge will not open - Similar Threads - update today cannot

2. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  3. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening: Over this last week I have discovered that every time I have tried to open the Taskbar Settings on this Computer details attached they will not open. I get as far as opening the Personalization Settings, and when I click on Taskbar from the left panel it just not open. I have...
  4. Taskbar Setting not opening & Edge occasionally not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Settings and start not opening after updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings and start not opening after updating: Hey gang, Was trying to play a game when i noticed every so often, the game would show my mouse cursor, and the in game sound would stop. I went to check it out, and the screen kept blinking on off in short intervals, as if it was opening something and shutting it really...
  6. Disable Edge from opening at Start

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Edge from opening at Start: I followed the latest directions I found in the Forum that were over a year old, until I couldn't. My system is Windows 10 Home version 1903. I've opted out of S Mode. My browser is Chrome, and I find it extremely annoying and time consuming to have to close Edge every time I...
  7. Cannot open the setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open the setting: Hello there. I recently update my window 10. After the update, I cannot open the settings. I need the solution to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-the-setting/5bc5b93b-7035-4171-8fb2-3c867efd86f7
  8. G Mail will not open on Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    G Mail will not open on Edge.: I want to use Edge as my preferred browser - but it will not open G Mail. I know this question has been asked many times before - is there an answer that worked ?...
  9. Cannot open mail app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open mail app settings: Hi For the longest time, the mail app has been working well. But this morning, I noticed that it hadn't synced with my IMAP server since yesterday so I tried to edit the settings. When I click on edit settings, the settings window opens but I cannot open the settings of...
  10. Cannot open settings in windows mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open settings in windows mail: Hi Something must have happened to my windows mail in windows 10 version 1511. When I slick on Manage account in Settings, nothing happens and the settings do not open. A related issue is that the mails do not display in the reading pane. I don't know if these are related...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. email will not open after windows 10 update on 8/29/19