Windows 10: After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as...

Discus and support After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 11 22H2 updated today with2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5017389 and 2022-09 Cumulative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windows_11_user, Oct 1, 2022.

1. After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as...

My Windows 11 22H2 updated today with2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5017389 and 2022-09 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB5017271. Now my external HDMI sound is gone. From task tar, click sound icon, only see Lenovo laptop's built-in speaker listed Realtek Audio.Before I can see my HDMI monitor's speaker listed there.Shutdown laptop and leave external monitor on does not help. Disconnect HDMI cable, power off/on monitor did not help either.Audio of Device Manager does not list e

:)

Windows_11_user, Oct 1, 2022

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as... 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    No sound when connected to external monitor

Hi Bill,

To fix this issue, you can try the steps below:

• Plug in both ends of the HDMI without the laptop on.
    • Turn the external monitor on and set to HDMI screen.
    • Boot up your laptop from a shutdown position (not restart).
    • Your laptop will now recognize the external monitor and will acknowledge its presence.
    • Right-click the speaker icon on the task bar and choose
      View Volume Controls.
    • Set TV as default.
    • Click Apply, then click Ok.
    You can also refer to the article in this
    link
    to help fix sound problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Rhina Vib, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Arily Win User

After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as...

New Monitor No Sound from HDMI

Just got a new monitor today, Samsung S24D300HL which I have plugged into my Nvidia Geforce GTX 745 video card via HDMI.

Picture is great no problems there. However I have no sound at all. I've updated my graphics driver via Nvidia Experience program version 361.43 I've right clicked and went to Nvidia control panel audio tab and my monitor was listed there as audio under HDMI still no sound. I've restarted the computer a couple times. Checked Windows update. Switch to a different HDMI cord and still no sound. I've right clicked the speaker in the taskbar and went to playback and what I have is. Nvidia HDMI Output (Port 0) and Nvidia HDMI Output (Port 1) both say not plugged in. I'm confused about the Port 0 and Port 1 because there is only one HDMI spot on the back of the card.

Any help appreciated.
    Thank you

Arily, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as...

1. After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as... - Similar Threads - update today external

2. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external speakers but no sound from monitors: My external speakers but no sound from monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-but-no-sound-from-monitors/c4ad7ded-1642-4080-bee5-cd36ee3bc473
  3. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external speakers but no sound from monitors: My external speakers but no sound from monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-but-no-sound-from-monitors/c4ad7ded-1642-4080-bee5-cd36ee3bc473
  4. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update today, external HDMI monitor has no sound and speaker no longer listed as...: My Windows 11 22H2 updated today with2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5017389 and 2022-09 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 for x64 KB5017271. Now my external HDMI sound is...
  6. HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI Audio on Monitor with No Speaker: Hi guys, anyone know how can i use hdmi audio when i connects to a monitor without audio? Iss there a setting to set it manually either on win 10 settings or nvidea. Control panel? submitted by /u/fetpotatoh [link] [comments]...
  7. [20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my...

[20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my...: During using the latest generation intel platform notebook unit, the unit is installed 20H1windows 10 v2004 OS connect a external monitor to the unit by type-c port Then switch the display to monitor onlysecond screen only,it can be found video can be switched to...
  8. no sound external speakers

no sound external speakers: Hiall Gary here, No sound on speakers they work, have checked everywhere volume not muted, troubleshoot says unplugged its not, have uninstalled and reinstalled still nothing any suggestions. Was working week ago stopped for about 5 hours then was working couple days later...
  9. Sound in external speakers

Sound in external speakers: My external speakers will suddenly not work. Last time that happened they said in the store that the speakers was set up to the NVIDA gforce graphics Card. But I dit not make any changes. To day it happened again. There is suddenly no sound coming out of the speakers......
  10. After Windows 10 update, HDMI has no sound.

After Windows 10 update, HDMI has no sound.: Every time after Windows10 update, monitor which is connected through HDMI has no sound. Of course, I can fix it by plugging in and out HDMI cable or install NVIDIA driver, but I can not always do this after Windows 10 update, right? How should I address it permanently?...