Windows 10: After update Windows version changed

Discus and support After update Windows version changed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have upgraded my Windows 10 PC to 2004. I used to have Windows Pro but after update the version has changed to Education. Moreover the activation has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LizaBolan, Jun 30, 2020.

1. LizaBolan Win User

After update Windows version changed

I have upgraded my Windows 10 PC to 2004. I used to have Windows Pro but after update the version has changed to Education. Moreover the activation has disappeared. How can I retrieve Windows 10 Pro? Thank you in advance.

:)

LizaBolan, Jun 30, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 30, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 30, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. After update Windows version changed - Similar Threads - update version changed

2. Change windows Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change windows Version: How to change from Windows Education N to Windows Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-windows-version/615be706-e051-443c-a159-1cbd61aa65ba
  3. undoing changes after trying to install windows 10 version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    undoing changes after trying to install windows 10 version 2004 update: i have tried the following, automatic update failed, manual update failed reset this pc and reinstalls windows also failed when i tried to then upgrade manually to windows 10 version 2004. everytime i try it restarts the computer to install it, then after its done it says...
  4. Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows changed from home to enterprise after updating to version 20H2: i had genuine windows 10 home, when i update my windows, after restart, it changed from Home to Enterprise. Now windows is not activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-changed-from-home-to-enterprise-after/d3d016fa-a347-4a2c-be82-f1b5dc4ffd86
  5. Windows update changed my Version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update changed my Version: I did the Windows feature update yesterday and previously i had Windows 10 Home edition and it was activated with the digital license i got with the free windows 10 upgrade, however now it is saying I own Windows 10 Enterprise and it is not activated. im not really sure what...
  6. Windows will not update after Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows will not update after Version 1903: My Windows 10 has not updated since Aug. 21, 2019. The Windows Update says updates has not been checked since 2019.09.16. System specs, state Windows 10 Home, 1903, 18362.356. I keep clicking check and retry every few weeks, but Microsoft or my install doesn't appear to...
  7. After Windows 10 version upgrade via Windows update server it change to enterprise

After Windows 10 version upgrade via Windows update server it change to enterprise: Hi In one of our enterprise account found Windows 10 professional change to enterprise automatically after Windows 10 version upgrade. How to stop converting the same ? Version upgrade was done via Windows update server. Bichitra [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 wont reactivate after motherboard change. Version changed

Windows 10 wont reactivate after motherboard change. Version changed: Hello, this is odd, and after getting hung up on by Microsoft's International Technical Support, I'm pretty fed up. Yesterday. I had Win7 Ultimate on a MSI motherboard, with an AMD fx-6300 processor. Its old, slow, so I picked up a new motherboard and a new Ryzen5 CPU....
  9. Activating Windows after a hardware change and updating version of Windows

Activating Windows after a hardware change and updating version of Windows: Hi there, I recently updated my hardware to get a ray-tracing compatible GPU. I also upgraded my motherboard and CPU while I was at it. After changing my hardware, I also had to update to Windows 10 version 1809 to be able to use Ray Tracing. Because of this, the product...
  10. version of Edge does not change after update

in Browsers and Email
    version of Edge does not change after update: I installed an update today which says in Microsoft's notes about it that it patches Edge among other things. Yet, the version displayed in Settings in Edge is the same as it was before this install. Is it supposed to stay the same? 40426