Windows 10: after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB...

Discus and support after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; lots of business call me have a problem like that. I can not figure out. so, I called MS, Lady said just system restore. WOW, if I DO SYSTEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamesyang8, Jan 11, 2019.

1. after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB...

lots of business call me have a problem like that.

I can not figure out.

so, I called MS, Lady said just system restore.

WOW,

if I DO SYSTEM RESTORE and it's not update windows anymore automatically.

anyway,

I did network reset and

turn SMB 1.0 on from windows features.

but still not work SMB from c2020 multi function printer

any idea?

:)

jamesyang8, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 11, 2019
  4. trparky Win User

after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB...

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB...

1. after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB... - Similar Threads - update yesterday can't

2. Can't access any folders after modify registry permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access any folders after modify registry permission: Hi, I am in a big trouble and need help. FIrst, i got a problem that i can't open my win10 microsoft edge explorer. I searched online and found some solutions say that this might be due to conflict of user permission to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT and by changing the...
  3. Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access share drive and smb server from windows 10 pro: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro, 64-bit system. I'm trying to connect to a share drive which i certain that I have access to. When I tried to map the network drive, it popped up error and showed the error code: 0x80070043. I have the same issue with connecting a share...
  4. How to check SMB version on Windows 10/8/7

in Windows 10 News
    How to check SMB version on Windows 10/8/7: [ATTACH] SMB or Server Message Block Protocols are used to connect your computer to an external server. Windows 10 ships with support of these protocols but they are disabled in the OOBE. Currently, Windows 10 supports SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 as [...] This post How to check...
  5. After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder

After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder: I had all computers set up through a Homegroup connection after adding the windows 10 computer to the network. When windows updated and removed homegroup from windows 10, the windows 7 computer and the windows 8 computer can no longer access the shared folders on the windows...
  6. Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7

Windows 10 cannot access shared folder on Windows 7: We recently had 2 new computers built in house, both with Windows 10 OS. Our main computer that we use for shared files runs on Windows 7. After connecting both new Win 10 computers to network, one had immediate access to shared files and hasn't missed a beat, however the...
  7. Can't receive any Windows updates after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't receive any Windows updates after Anniversary Update: So I have been having an issue with the anniversary update for a while now. Every time I try run windows updates, I get the error "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you are connected to...
  8. Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?

Can't connect to SMB shares from 7..?: Hello, I installed 10 on a PC with same username & pass as usual. Then from 7 I tried to reach d$ but it ask me pass & login, while normally it doesn't ask any (since it's the same!).. Can't understand that, would you please explain me/us..? Thanks! 33097
  9. Can't join any game servers after updating to Windows 10

Can't join any game servers after updating to Windows 10: Hello, I updated to Windows 10 from Windows 7 today with a clean install. I can access the internet just fine and I can load any sites but when it comes to joining a game server in CS:GO, Battlefield, or logging on to XSplit, I get a server connection error. At first I...
  10. Help to configure SMB share folder on Windows 10.....

Help to configure SMB share folder on Windows 10.....: On my OLD pc i have some shared folder whit media files usually i play on my Rpi2 whit OSMC installed. OSMC tryed to search file at: smb://192.168.1.2/ and use this for obtain access "smb://User:Pass@192.168.1.2/" how User:Pass it's the same combination used for Login on...