Windows 10: after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB...

Discus and support after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; lots of business call me have a problem like that. I can not figure out. so, I called MS, Lady said just system restore. WOW, if I DO SYSTEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamesyang8, Jan 11, 2019.

1. after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB...

lots of business call me have a problem like that.

I can not figure out.

so, I called MS, Lady said just system restore.

WOW,

if I DO SYSTEM RESTORE and it's not update windows anymore automatically.

anyway,

I did network reset and

turn SMB 1.0 on from windows features.

but still not work SMB from c2020 multi function printer

any idea?

:)

jamesyang8, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 11, 2019
  4. trparky Win User

after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB...

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB...

1. after update windows yesterday, can't access any folder between windows 10 and 7, also SMB... - Similar Threads - update yesterday can't

2. Folder Permanently Deleted After Windows 11 Update Yesterday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Permanently Deleted After Windows 11 Update Yesterday: Good morning. Yesterday I right clicked to delete a sub folder in my D drive. Instead of sending to the recycle bin it has permanently deleted the entire main folder. This is after a Windows 11 update. Please assist....
  3. Folder Permanently Deleted After Windows 11 Update Yesterday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Permanently Deleted After Windows 11 Update Yesterday: Good morning. Yesterday I right clicked to delete a sub folder in my D drive. Instead of sending to the recycle bin it has permanently deleted the entire main folder. This is after a Windows 11 update. Please assist....
  4. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  5. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access: I use my NAS for backups truenas, with an SMB share. I reset my PC recently and added it like normal. Worked fine. However, after a day it stopped working and I was unable to connect to it. Now when I try to connect to it I get this:It works fine on my laptop^ Before the...
  6. Can't connect to SMB share, Windows cannot access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't save any files on any folder after latest windows update

Can't save any files on any folder after latest windows update: If I try to save something it says "C:\Users\User\Documents\note.txt File not found. Check the file name and try again." or "C:\note.txt A required privilege is not held by the client." I have tried turning off windows defender I am the administrator of my computer and I...
  8. can't access any NAS drives after windows update

can't access any NAS drives after windows update: I get the message "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated." I can access the drives fine from my macmini, macbook pro, raspbery pis, my samsung s8 and my old laptop not updated for a while But not from my main PC...
  9. Win10 can't be pinged, accessed via SMB or RDC after update

Win10 can't be pinged, accessed via SMB or RDC after update: Last March, an update killed my SMB access so with my newest issue and this forum helped me through that. This issue feels like an annual challenge after I finished all major upgrades last week (I was a few months behind) to the Windows 10 computer I'm using as a Plex server...
  10. After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder

After removal of Homegroup, Windows 10 and Windows 7/8 Comps can't access network folder: I had all computers set up through a Homegroup connection after adding the windows 10 computer to the network. When windows updated and removed homegroup from windows 10, the windows 7 computer and the windows 8 computer can no longer access the shared folders on the windows...