Windows 10: After updated my PC it taking long time for screen on

Discus and support After updated my PC it taking long time for screen on in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my PC since 2 hrs there is no screen on.Til now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mohan kumar7, May 19, 2023.

1. After updated my PC it taking long time for screen on

I updated my PC since 2 hrs there is no screen on.Til now.

:)

Mohan kumar7, May 19, 2023

2. my pc takes so long at a black screen before logging in

Well, step one, would be to RUN msconfig, and on the first screen is a place where it says there will be a startup delay of 30 seconds. You can take off the zero, and leave the three, and gain 27 seconds in Boot Up time. Don't forget to SAVE your changes.
    Then open the Task Manager and look at the Startup list of programs. You may find some or many that you can disable from starting up when you Boot up your PC. If you don't really NEED it, Disable it.
    I just installed Windows 10/Pro/64, and I went through all the above steps, to get the lowest boot time. There's more! But, there's always more! Eh? But, what I've listed above is always a good place to start.

Good luck,
    TM *Cool

TechnoMage, May 19, 2023
  3. DanielYX Win User
    Long Loading Time for Lock Screen

Hello Pawan, thank you for the reply!

I've tried all of the steps that you've given me. Unfortunately, none of them made a difference except for the clean boot step. It didn't completely solve the problem, however I did notice a
    slightly faster load time for the lock screen. However, it still takes an unusually long time to load it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

DanielYX, May 19, 2023
  4. After updated my PC it taking long time for screen on

Computer takes too long time to boot to Desktop screen.

Hi,

Before we assist you, we would like to know the below information,

• Do you receive an error code message?

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on the Computer?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    There are two possible explanations:

• An external device (mouse, printer) could be the culprit;

• This issue could be due to outdated display drivers and updating them could make the black screen disappear.
    I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1 – Check the external devices

• Unplug all external devices

• Restart the computer

• If the black screen has disappeared, add the devices back one at a time to see which piece of hardware is causing this issue

• Once identified, install updated drivers for that particular piece of hardware.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    install the updates
    again using the steps below, and restart the computer.

• Click on Check for updates, Windows will automatically download the latest updates.
    • In search type Check for updates and hit enter.
    If the computer does not load up within 1 minute, I suggest you to Press & hold the power button down until the laptop or PC clicks off. Leave for 1 minute and start up again using the power button. The upgrading windows screen should appear
    soon after.

Method 3:

I suggest you to follow the Fast startup option Settings, if you are able to boot to the desktop screen.

• You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Method 4: Try updating the display driver through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
        Update driver software.
    If that does not helps, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Right click on start screen.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, May 19, 2023
Thema:

After updated my PC it taking long time for screen on

1. After updated my PC it taking long time for screen on - Similar Threads - updated taking long

2. After updated my PC it taking long time for screen on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updated my PC it taking long time for screen on: I updated my PC since 2 hrs there is no screen on.Til now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updated-my-pc-it-taking-long-time-for-screen/bc12f61f-d955-4e1f-87db-6cd12819d4c2
  3. After updated my PC it taking long time for screen on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updated my PC it taking long time for screen on: I updated my PC since 2 hrs there is no screen on.Til now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updated-my-pc-it-taking-long-time-for-screen/bc12f61f-d955-4e1f-87db-6cd12819d4c2
  4. PC takes a long time to restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC takes a long time to restart: My pc takes a long time to restart since a few days ago. It takes like 10-15 minutes to restart. Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-takes-a-long-time-to-restart/deaea9a5-320e-475f-af94-8a4bbdf073e1
  5. PC takes a long time to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC takes a long time to restart: My pc takes a long time to restart since a few days ago. It takes like 10-15 minutes to restart. Please help me to fix this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-takes-a-long-time-to-restart/deaea9a5-320e-475f-af94-8a4bbdf073e1
  6. PC takes a long time to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PC takes a long time to restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC takes a long time to restart?: Basically if I use the Restart option it takes a long time for my PC to restart, the keyboard and screen will go off as they should, but instead of kicking back in straight away, they will take about a minute before they come back on and then windows instantly loads. I have...
  8. My pc takes long time to restart.

My pc takes long time to restart.: My pc takes longer time to restart. It also takes longer time to start. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-takes-long-time-to-restart/424f0cf5-d9f8-4b88-b542-23325ec65d4d
  9. Windows Update - Taking long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  10. restarting after update is taking extremely long time

restarting after update is taking extremely long time: last time after update 1511 i tried restarting my laptop was 1 hour please help me 43413