Windows 10: After Updates, System can't boot. Repair is required. Is it possible?

Discus and support After Updates, System can't boot. Repair is required. Is it possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Home v.2004 On Saturday, some updates were downloaded and installed. Sunday morning all good. Sunday evening, out of the blue, during booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Skakner, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Skakner Win User

After Updates, System can't boot. Repair is required. Is it possible?

Win 10 Home v.2004

On Saturday, some updates were downloaded and installed. Sunday morning all good. Sunday evening, out of the blue, during booting up, I see ''Preparing Automatic Repair etc'' and after a while ''Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC''. After Advanced Options I tried to uninstall the latest updates but another failure. My next step was to use a bootable USB but ''Repair your computer'' failed too.
    I don't know what else to try, if there is something besides format...

Fortunately, my system has two disks with OS (10 Home and 10 Pro) so I can use the second one.

Thanks in advance...

:)

Skakner, Aug 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 won´t boot into automatic repair neither safe mode or any of the other options

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to create an installation media for Windows 10 and perform Automatic Repair.

Download Windows 10

Follow the below steps:

• After you boot your computer using
      Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer
      in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot
      from Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options
      in Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Automatic Repair
      from Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Windows 10 wont boot, repair, reset, or system restore

Hi,

The issue occurs due to an
    unfinished update process which
    corrupted the system files. We suggest that you try these troubleshooting
    methods and run the update again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while
    to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 24, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. After Updates, System can't boot. Repair is required. Is it possible? - Similar Threads - Updates System can't

2. I can't boot windows system repair not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't boot windows system repair not working: I can't boot my computer I can't load WIndows I can't enter recovery I can't reset it what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-boot-windows-system-repair-not-working/7d7c3fbf-604f-4f16-82f5-04bea3ae691e
  3. I can't boot windows system repair not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't boot windows system repair not working: I can't boot my computer I can't load WIndows I can't enter recovery I can't reset it what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-boot-windows-system-repair-not-working/7d7c3fbf-604f-4f16-82f5-04bea3ae691e
  4. I can't boot windows system repair not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update

Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update: I'm stuck in a worsening Win 10 situation, so will appreciate any advice. Suspect to be registry or Windows image corruption, but no longer have RegBack and having trouble with DISM. Here's the sequence of events: 1 Laptop had very low disk space, but Windows still decided to...
  6. Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update: I'm stuck in a worsening Win 10 situation, so will appreciate any advice. Suspect to be registry or Windows image corruption, but no longer have RegBack and having trouble with DISM. Here's the sequence of events: 1 Laptop had very low disk space, but Windows still decided to...
  7. Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't boot after update

Can't boot after update: Last night I tried to update my PC. I selected "update and shut down" and left the computer. When I returned much later it appeared frozen so I turned the PC off.The PC is now unable to boot and stuck on the below screen.By restarting I can force the PC to enter automatic...
  9. My laptop can't boot after reset and repair

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop can't boot after reset and repair: I did a factory reset to my laptop, but to my surprise I couldn't create an account nor log in to only one available account which was "other user" - tried to log in with microsoft account, but couldn't. > I've read that I should try to create an account on administrator...
  10. Automatic repair boot loop after system restore

Automatic repair boot loop after system restore: I recently installed an update through windows update and noticed the wifi wasnt working so i did a system restore, all worked fine until 5 minutes after rebooting when a blue screen came up and now my laptop is stuck in a loop of turning on. Automatic repair failing and...