Windows 10: After updating 2020/08/13 Microsoft Mail on Windows 10 does not save email in sent mail...

Discus and support After updating 2020/08/13 Microsoft Mail on Windows 10 does not save email in sent mail... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This morning my wife sent one important and one 'normal' email on her laptop. But for the first time this mail was not put in sent. Outbox is empty.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by servant74, Aug 14, 2020.

1. servant74 Win User

After updating 2020/08/13 Microsoft Mail on Windows 10 does not save email in sent mail...

This morning my wife sent one important and one 'normal' email on her laptop.

But for the first time this mail was not put in sent. Outbox is empty. But she got a reply from one

reciepient that at least one was delivered.

How can she start having copies of sent emails saved in her sent folder again?

This is a High priority in my house.

:)

servant74, Aug 14, 2020

2. Sent email content not showing in Windows Mail

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to see the Email in the sent box on the Mail App.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed on the PC?
    • Could you please check if there are any emails moving to Spam?
    • Do you see the emails in sent box, while accessing Gmail using a browser?

Let’s try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if we can fix the issue.

Method 1: Update Mail App

If you are using an older version of Mail app, we would suggest you to update Mail app to version 16005.12827.20400.0 and check.

1. Open Microsoft Store and click on three dots from the top left corner.
    2. Select Downloads and Update and click on Get Updates.
    3. Select Mail and Calendar app from the list and update.
    4. Restart the PC and check.

Method 2: Reset the app

Try resetting the app using the troubleshooter. Refer the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Method 2: Re-configure the email

We would suggest you to re-configure Gmail in Mail app as an IMAP/POP account. Refer the articles
    Delete an email account from Mail and Calendar
    apps
    and Set up email
    in the Mail app for Windows 10

In addition, you can also provide feedback using the
    Feedback Hub app on Windows 10, so
    that our engineering team can look into this.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Microsoft Mail

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see sent emails in the sent items folder. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• How are you accessing the emails (Browser/email client)?
    • Does the issue occur when you access your email in the web browser?

If you are using Windows Mail app, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by
    Joe Men Replied on March 13, 2017 in the thread

Sent emails are not appearing in the Windows 10 Mail App

Please reply with more information on the issue to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Marvin555 Win User

After updating 2020/08/13 Microsoft Mail on Windows 10 does not save email in sent mail...

Newly sent emails are not being saved to my Sent mailbox

Hi

I have exactly the same issue. In Windows 10 Mail my sent emails used to go automatically to my Sent folder but they haven't been saved for about 2 weeks now.

My laptop is up to date, I'm running Windows 10 version 1909 (KB4497165). The Windows 10 May 2020 update is not ready yet apparently.

I've tried to find somewhere that you can select to save sent emails but can't see anything.

Have you any suggestions?

Marvin555, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. After updating 2020/08/13 Microsoft Mail on Windows 10 does not save email in sent mail... - Similar Threads - updating 2020 Microsoft

2. Sent emails are not appearing in the Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent emails are not appearing in the Windows 10 Mail App: With Windows 10 Mail ver: 16005.14326.20970.0 working with some email servers results in email not appearing in the Sent folder after being sent. The email is actually sent. not in a Sent Items folder either.With Microsoft Outlook.com WIN10Mail is OK but with the Plusnet...
  3. Sent emails are not appearing in the Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent emails are not appearing in the Windows 10 Mail App: With Windows 10 Mail ver: 16005.14326.20970.0 working with some email servers results in email not appearing in the Sent folder after being sent. The email is actually sent. not in a Sent Items folder either.With Microsoft Outlook.com WIN10Mail is OK but with the Plusnet...
  4. PC slow issue after updating windows on 13-08-2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC slow issue after updating windows on 13-08-2020: I updated my windows 10 on 13/08/2020 as regular. But now my pc is getting slow and slow, after every minute software windows stuck or hang, and does not response. There is no other problem in my pc because it has high end configration like :- i7 intel 8th gen processor, 8GB...
  5. windows 10,Mail app,sent mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10,Mail app,sent mail.: i could not get updated cannot see the sent mails, that i am sending them using Mail app, neither i could see them in any other gmail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10mail-appsent-mail/37a02e20-4d0e-4559-9128-c090ccc909a2
  6. Sent emails in Microsoft Mail disappear

Sent emails in Microsoft Mail disappear: Some emails I send simply disappear using the Microsoft Mail app. There is no trace of the sent email anywhere. I do not use Outlook as it takes too long to sync with multiple emails and folders, so I prefer the basic Microsoft Mail app, which is a lot faster. The sent...
  7. Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.

Windows 10 Mail does not save a a copy of sent emails in the "Sent Items folder.: I have set up 7 email accounts, 5 of which including a Gmail account were previously managed by Webmail, using w10 Mail app. Very impressed with the app but am having problems with two of the accounts. These are accounts held with Plusnet that I have used for many years...
  8. Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Mail not saving sent mail in Sent Mail folder: Over the past week we wife & I have noticed that Windows 10 Mail is not saving our sent mails in the Sent Mail Folder. This was working previously. Has anyone else noticed this? Has there been a recent system update which may have introduced this problem?...
  9. Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:

Windows 10 Mail app is not saving Sent emails:: I have upgraded to 1909 at Microsoft's suggestion but it has not solved the issue. I am not using Outlook. Can someone give me a solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-is-not-saving-sent-emails/1b7ea4a2-4524-4c3c-98f3-7807b224b0cf
  10. finding sent emails in mail for windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    finding sent emails in mail for windows 10: I sent an email using mail for windows 10 and now I can not find it or any others. My normal email is gmail which I should have used. Where can I find my sent email....