Windows 10: after updating drivers, monitor is not working

Discus and support after updating drivers, monitor is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating my GPU drivers, my computer stopped recognizing the monitor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sean Deputy, May 25, 2020.

1. after updating drivers, monitor is not working

After updating my GPU drivers, my computer stopped recognizing the monitor.

:)

Sean Deputy, May 25, 2020

2. ASUS PB278Q Monitor drivers..

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that primary monitor of your computer says that there are no driver updates to Windows 10. We will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that as the manufacturer website says there are no updated driver, you will have to wait for the drivers to be released.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps as a workaround and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to try the steps check for the updates using below updates:

• Right click on the Start button on the desktop and select
      Device manager.

• With Device Manager open, click
      >
      icon to open the category that you think contains the device you want to update the drivers for.

• Once you've found the device you're updating drivers for, right click on the hardware's name or icon and choose
      Update Driver Software.

• The Update Driver Software wizard will begin, which we'll completely step through to finish the Windows 10 driver update for this piece of hardware.

• Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Note: If updates are found the device would be updated.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2020
  3. 2nd Monitor suddenly not working

Hi Michael,

If you recently updated from one version of Windows to another, it's possible that the current driver is for the previous version of Windows. For us to troubleshoot your monitor issue, we suggest performing these steps:

• Run the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues related to
      using your device.
    • Update your monitor and display driver. To update a driver, refer to this
      link
      . If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, May 25, 2020
  4. SamuelLV Win User

after updating drivers, monitor is not working

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, May 25, 2020
Thema:

after updating drivers, monitor is not working

1. after updating drivers, monitor is not working - Similar Threads - updating drivers monitor

2. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor not working after an update: I tried a different cable, driver update, driver unistall/reinstall. Windows does not detect second monitor and the monitor states no signal when hdmi plugged in and turned on....
  3. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor not working after an update: I tried a different cable, driver update, driver unistall/reinstall. Windows does not detect second monitor and the monitor states no signal when hdmi plugged in and turned on....
  4. External monitor not working after an update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Driver not working after update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Driver not working after update.: I have a user who did the recent Windows 10 update. Afterward, her Wifi driver shows an error, and no Wifi connections show up. I've re-installed the driver from the Lenovo site several times and Intel, and the same issue persists. She has a Thinkpad E15....
  6. Speakers not working after driver update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers not working after driver update.: Hi! I am having a speaker problem. I am in Windows 11 and I am having a speaker problem since a driver update. This is a fresh new laptop and since this update sound from websites like Youtube are not played but video playback from my files is properly working.Please address...
  7. Speakers not working after driver update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers not working after driver update.: Hi! I am having a speaker problem. I am in Windows 11 and I am having a speaker problem since a driver update. This is a fresh new laptop and since this update sound from websites like Youtube are not played but video playback from my files is properly working.Please address...
  8. Audio Not Working after Driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Not Working after Driver update: So I was trying to update my AMD display driver and was using AMD's chipset Software program to do it. It then proceeded me to install 6 other chipset drivers. After rebooting, it has caused my audio to no longer work. When I try testing it, it says "failed to play test...
  9. Sound is not working after updating drivers

Sound is not working after updating drivers: I ran the recommended updates on my drivers and after that for some reason I did not have any sound. Has anyone else had this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-is-not-working-after-updating-drivers/0ac99e9d-e3a7-409c-884f-beb4f26039a0
  10. After radeon driver was updated, dual monitors feature stopped working

After radeon driver was updated, dual monitors feature stopped working: Now the display settings shows just one monitor though I am using two monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-radeon-driver-was-updated-dual-monitors/2d8bf9f3-66f6-440b-838d-57f948a55fa7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updated drivers for windows now displayport not working