Windows 10: After updating from Build : around 1500 , to build : around 1800, screen is flickering like...

Discus and support After updating from Build : around 1500 , to build : around 1800, screen is flickering like... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So while the update assistant was updating my computer, I was playing Payday 2 with my friend. but then, it said it's ready to update, so I did. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark030a, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Mark030a Win User

After updating from Build : around 1500 , to build : around 1800, screen is flickering like...

So while the update assistant was updating my computer, I was playing Payday 2 with my friend. but then, it said it's ready to update, so I did. But then after I went back to play, something bad happened. My screen was flickering. Really flickering. I tried everything to fix it but the only way was to turn on V-Sync. And this doesn't only happen with Payday 2, but with every game! Well, when I use windowed or borderless windowed, everything seems fine, except I hate playing windowed, and not all games have borderless. The Sims 3 doesn't have V-Sync so my eyes have to bleed till I decide that it's enough. it also slows down emulators. I tried uninstalling the graphics card, and after launch, Windows would notice it and automatically install it and a driver (honestly, I'm not really good at understanding IT, so I don't know if I uninstalled the graphics card itself or the driver. I just went to device manager, clicked uninstall and restarted my laptop.).
    By the way specs :

CPU : Intel Core I3-4200M
    RAM : 8GB
    GPU : Intel HD Graphics 4600 (yes, it's bad, I KNOW)
    I'd send a dxdiag but I don't know how.

If someone knows a solution for this, please help

Mark030a. (Just call me that, I'm a gamer. This is a community question anyway)

:)

Mark030a, Dec 29, 2018
  2. peche Win User

1500$ Gaming Build

earthdog.. the point there was a $1500 build for gaming, so for example my list even with a ultra overpowered motherboard still fits the budged,
    i know that some minimal corrections may be needed but cooling i think is not one, having your processor cooled or chilled is not such a big deal...

Regards,

peche, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Flickering screen and unable to maximize items

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with flickering screen, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• How often you see black/ flickering screen on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is the issue of maximizing the screen confined to any particular game?
    • Were you able to see any error code with this issue?

I would like to inform that screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps like Check to see if
    Task Manager flickers, Uninstall an incompatible app,
    Update your display driver from the Microsoft article about flickering screen and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 29, 2018
  4. After updating from Build : around 1500 , to build : around 1800, screen is flickering like...

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

After updating from Build : around 1500 , to build : around 1800, screen is flickering like...

1. After updating from Build : around 1500 , to build : around 1800, screen is flickering like... - Similar Threads - updating Build around

2. My laptop Screen flickering after 20H2 update. OS Build : 19042.870

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop Screen flickering after 20H2 update. OS Build : 19042.870: Dear Microsoft Team. I need help. My laptop screen flickering after 20H2 update. OS Build : 19042.870 I went Safe Mode and reinstall display adapter intel UHD graphics 630. It doesn't solve the problem. I changed my laptop display refresh rate from 144 hz to 60 hz. The...
  3. Black Screen after messing around in msconfig

Black Screen after messing around in msconfig: So, today I got a new webcam and it had a problem. In the camera app the webcam would turn on and off rapidly, so I found myself in this community looking for answers. One of the answers I found instructed me to go to msconfig and disable all non-microsoft programs. That...
  4. Mouse moves to a spot on the screen and moves around crazy like

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse moves to a spot on the screen and moves around crazy like: So this morning my mouse keeps moving to a place on the screen and then moves around all crazy like and then it shows a little pond]]] like graphic it just did it again just now and the ]]] things appeared when I was typing just now. I use Norton security. I suppose I should...
  5. Why the black screen around?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why the black screen around?: i already tried installing & uninstalling it multiple times from its official site, but prob continues. its with only this browser & only appears in search resultswhen i search anything. but when open browser's inbuilt features like menu> options or settings, task manager,...
  6. Screen flickering/Blinking issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen flickering/Blinking issue after updating to Windows 10 1903 build.: As the subject line says, I've tried to install version 1903 of Windows 10 twice. The first time was on Wednesday, June 12. I downloaded the update, then rebooted to install the update, then had to wait for about 10 minutes on a "Preparing Windows" screen and then ended up...
  7. screen bouncing around

screen bouncing around: Just in the last few days, my screen and keyboard seems to have a mind of its own. My screen will bounce off, then on, then off the internet completely. I can be on a secured site (banking) and the screen will disappear and I'm looking at my MSNBC screen. There doesn't...
  8. Cursor Jumping around after an update

Cursor Jumping around after an update: After an update on my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 device my cursor is jumping around. Has anyone experienced this and got a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-jumping-around-after-an-update/0e3a0a11-8583-40e8-9918-a8ce6cd96fc2
  9. printer likes to sit around offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer likes to sit around offline: Every flaming time I go to print, I have to run the Print And Scan Doctor. My printer is selected as the default. It is always listed as offline. How do I put the flaming thing online? Why is that not right there in the control panel under the "manage" tab for the flaming...
  10. Can't update ANY VM from build 10074 -- any ISO's around for 10122

Can't update ANY VM from build 10074 -- any ISO's around for 10122: Hi there Tried on 3 different computers - all with different hardware updating W10 build 10074 to 10122. (VM's) All failed -- any ISO's around so I can do a complete install or is running a VM totally broken in this release (VMware Workstation rel 11.1). Cheers...