Windows 10: after updating having different GPU driver

Discus and support after updating having different GPU driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have hp 15-bs123ne which has radeon 520 GPU (as noted in hp official site) after installing the original driver from hp and having AMD software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by X-man11, Nov 23, 2018.

1. X-man11 Win User

after updating having different GPU driver

I have hp 15-bs123ne

which has radeon 520 GPU (as noted in hp official site)

after installing the original driver from hp and having AMD software installed as well and it showed that i have radeon 520 as it should do (pic 1)

after updating having different GPU driver e9cb39ca-3099-4d39-9af2-ec37d31160a6?upload=true.jpg

one time i checked the windows updates and i saw it was updating to R5 m330

other time after installing windows again and installing the driver again

i checked for updates from amd app and installed the i found on the app

i opened the app again after installing the update and restarting the laptop

both after updating were showing that i have R5 m330 (pic 2)

after updating having different GPU driver 9535608e-32bf-449d-a707-84d9915a26db?upload=true.jpg

and after making some further research i found that they are almost the same GPU with having the same chip (as i understood)

with some modifications and improvements

so my questions here are

1-should i uninstall that driver and install the official driver and never update it till hp releases a new update

2-(if no) is it okay to leave that driver and update it?

(considering if there won't be any problems i am okay with leaving it and just having different name)

:)

X-man11, Nov 23, 2018

2. having issues with multi GPU

Hello Gary,

The Power saving GPU should be the integrated GPU of your computer, and the
    High performance GPU is the graphics processing unit (GPU) inserted in the GPU slot of your motherboard. That being said, I will need more information about your system. Kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you recently make a hardware change to your computer?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current OS Build of your Windows 10 PC? Right-click the
      Start button, select System > About and then scroll down to
      Windows specifications to find this information.

As an initial troubleshooting, you can run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. This diagnostic tool that requires administrative permission will scan and fix your computer for any issues detected with your drivers.

1. Right-click the Start button, select
      Settings >
      Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    2. Select Hardware and Devices under
      Find and fix other problems.
    3. Click Run the troubleshooter.
    4. If prompted, click Yes or enter the administrator password.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If you just upgraded your device to Windows 10 version 1803, I recommend visiting the device manufacturer's support website to download the necessary firmware, chipset driver, and display adapter driver for your machine. You can refer to this
    forum article
    created by Andre Da Costa for more information about updating drivers in Windows 10. Follow the steps under the section:
    How to find and download drivers from the manufacturer's website.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Devlin Sco, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    GPU

Hi,

This issue may happen if the GPU is taking more time to display the graphics on your monitor and if the graphics card or driver is already problematic.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to uninstall then reinstall the graphics driver and see if the issue will persist:

• Press Windows key + S and type devmgmt.msc.
    • Press Enter.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click on your graphics driver.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Nov 23, 2018
  4. after updating having different GPU driver

having issues with multi GPU

I’m trying to offload certain apps to my iGPU on the second screen, using the new graphics settings in the recent win 10 release. the issue is it’s only showing my 1070. lists it as both power saving GPU, and
    high performance GPU.

I’ve been fiddling for a while now with no joy, and i’m really hoping one of you guys has an idea they can suggest to sort this!

I can extend onto the second screen no probs with it plugged into the iGPU, but the 1070 is still listed as both power saving GPU and high performance GPU.

Are there requirements for this? certain level of iGPU for it to work?

Thanks

Edit - setting the secondary screen connected to the iGPU to be the "main" display in graphics settings makes my iGPU show as both power saving and high performance GPU, I just can't seem to get them
    to be one and not the other.

GaryDougall, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

after updating having different GPU driver

1. after updating having different GPU driver - Similar Threads - updating having different

2. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  3. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers: I updated my NVIDIA drivers, and now no audio output device is installed and i cant redownload geforce experience, i also tried installing realtek drivers which didnt work either, how do i fix this...
  4. No audio after updating nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after testing fan speed and GPU driver updates: Hello all,I've been getting daily BSOD 's starting a few weeks back when running some diagnostic tools. I suspected my GPU fan wasn't spinning and things were running too hot. After updating the Nvidia GPU driver and utility programs, it went back to spinning fine, temps were...
  6. PC won’t display on TV after GPU driver update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC won’t display on TV after GPU driver update: My wife bought a new computer which we hooked up to our TV which she would use as the computer monitor. The computer displayed on the TV just as it should, until I updated the video card driver to an NVIDIA driver. Now the computer will no longer show up on the TV, though it...
  7. can't have different wallpapers after update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't have different wallpapers after update?: I updated my computer recently and it removed one of my wallpapers (now it's duplicated on two screens). the normal trick of right clicking and setting as monitor one wallpaper doesn't work anymore, is this an intended change? submitted by /u/Admiral_dodo [link]...
  8. GPU drivers missing after Windows Updates

GPU drivers missing after Windows Updates: After this weeks updates, Display adapters in not even showing in my device manager. GPU drivers are kaput. I have talked to several others with this same problem. What is being done to fix this? ***Original title: After this weeks updates, Display adapters in not even...
  9. Can't play games after GPU Driver update

Can't play games after GPU Driver update: Hello, I have a GeForce 1070 Ti, it worked perfectly. But when I updated to the latest version it increased the lag tremendously, I can't open the game as it crashes right away. I tried installing the previous version, which didn't work as well. Please help, Pedro...
  10. eject gpu after new driver update fix

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    eject gpu after new driver update fix: Do you suddenly have the ability to eject your gpu after the latest nvidia update? *Biggrin I know its a minor thing but minor things annoy me . . . *Wink HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nvlddmkm ... set SurpriseRemovalSupport to 0 and reboot...