Windows 10: After updating, menu item colors are white

Discus and support After updating, menu item colors are white in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having a hard time, seriously: This is in Mozilla Firefox. I don't know what to do about it anymore. Here's another one: How do I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jon d' manileño, Jan 16, 2019.

1. After updating, menu item colors are white

I'm having a hard time, seriously:

This is in Mozilla Firefox. I don't know what to do about it anymore.

Here's another one:

How do I fix this???

Thanks.

:)

jon d' manileño, Jan 16, 2019
  2. ziffel Win User

problem on a few menus - white text on white background

G'day all.

I have two instances of having white text on white backgrounds. I use start10 by Stardock, and on its menus, items currently highlighted are showing white text on a white background. Other (non-highlighted) items display correctly.

I also noticed this same thing when Cortana displays something like my shopping list. If i ask her to display my shopping list, she does, and i can see the checkboxes, but the actual text of the list is not visible.

I sense this has something to do with system level font/color settings, but I can't find where this is controlled in Win10.

ziffel, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 10, 2020
  4. After updating, menu item colors are white

Changing menu window colors

Hi Poleson,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration, when things don't work the way it should.

We apologize for inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check, if it works.

However, you can change the color of your windows borders and taskbar. Right click on desktop and click on Personalization, click on color option and check.

On the same screen, you have Display option in the left pane, click on it. You can change the size of all items and change only the text size of Title bars, Menus, Message boxes, Palette titles, Icons and Tooltips.

a. Click on the "Start" icon and choose "Control Panel."

b. Click on the "Customize colors" link located under the
    Appearance and Personalization
    option.

c. Select a theme to use for all opened windows. Click on the theme of your choice.

d. Click on the "Advanced" button to edit colors.

e. Click on the "Item" drop-down list. Color choices will appear each time you select an item to customize.

f. Click on the "Active Window Border" and click on the "Color 1" drop down menu.

g. Choose a basic Windows color from the swatches menu. Click on "Other" to customize the color choice.

h. Select the "Menu" item from the drop down list. Click on "Color 1" to choose the new toolbar color. Use "Other" to choose a custom color.

i. Move the black arrow on the right side to select the color darkness. Move the swatch icon around the color display to pick a color.

j. Click on "OK" once the new toolbar color has been chosen. This will close the color swatch window.

k. Click on "OK" to exit the theme picker window.

l. Click on "Apply" to confirm the new toolbar color and close the window.

Hope this information helps you. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you

AntonyJose, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

After updating, menu item colors are white

1. After updating, menu item colors are white - Similar Threads - updating menu item

2. No color just black and white

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No color just black and white: I updated windows 10 and every page turned to black and white. I already tried fixing by the ease of access nope no luck. Please help TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-color-just-black-and-white/1bcbabcf-278d-4feb-9f07-18efc4f6cb41
  3. Grey and white colors are same.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey and white colors are same.: I am having issue with colors on my windows 10, I cant see difference between light greys and white. both colors looks white.Till now I have tried color management to collaborate, I have updated the graphic drivers, I have tried updating windows and removing update too. there...
  4. White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White box around task bar items and cant right click start menu search items: Like the title says, whenever I click on Network or Sound icons on my task bar, the normal box that youd see shows up, but theres a white box around them. Included with this is the fact that I cant right click items that I search for in the start menu and when I left click...
  5. Menu Items Blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Menu Items Blank: I am experiencing a very strange phenomenon with my PC. On booting into Windows 10 if I select the hidden icon menu in my task bar the menu opens but the icons are not visible. Also any menu item I open is transparent and blank as an example on closing Adobe Lightroom you...
  6. white color tone is yellowish

white color tone is yellowish: how to adjust white color tone within windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-color-tone-is-yellowish/d39721eb-3d87-467b-9c74-f8b18cc207ce
  7. Programs Menu Item

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs Menu Item: When I rt click the Win icon on the lower left, shouldn't I see a Programs menu item ? I do see Task Manager and Settings among others. If so, what should I do? TIA Bob 137000
  8. Color tones or white balance

Color tones or white balance: The screen color is changing depending on the overall brightness of what is being displayed. The color tones are shifted towards yellow. I tried to update my graphic card drivers Geforce GT640 and my screen on Asus PB238 without any success....
  9. Start menu items...

Start menu items...: When I started up, then rechecked the standard News and weather apps. were not working in the START menu. They were working fine yesterday. 110222
  10. Item still in start menu after uninstall

Item still in start menu after uninstall: Well I uninstalled a few programs and most of them have no traces left... one however is still listed under the letter sorted part of the start menu. No clue how to remove it as it's not installed and none of the files from it are left... Edit: You know those blonde...