Windows 10: After updating my computer to windows 10 it now shows my account as administrator which is...

Discus and support After updating my computer to windows 10 it now shows my account as administrator which is... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; You can now bypass my account and go onto the secondary administrator account to get on my computer and I need to find out how to stop this. Before the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by michellerauber, Feb 6, 2019.

1. After updating my computer to windows 10 it now shows my account as administrator which is...

You can now bypass my account and go onto the secondary administrator account to get on my computer and I need to find out how to stop this. Before the update only my account was on here as administrator. After the update there is now 2. Mine is listed as admin as well as a secondary one that just anyone could use. I see that I can add a password to it as well but would rather just delete it all together as this is my own personal computer that no one should be using.

:)

michellerauber, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown After updating my computer to windows 10 it now shows my account as administrator which is... :(

Zakin, Feb 6, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Feb 6, 2019
  4. After updating my computer to windows 10 it now shows my account as administrator which is...

Windows 10, Says I'm not the Administrator of my own computer any more.

Hi Elissa,

Thank you for the update. You may check this article on how to disable OneDrive on your computer. Regarding your "not the Administrator" issue, we suggest that you
    enable the built-in administrator account on Windows 10 by running a command in an elevated command prompt. In order to do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Accept the User Account Control prompt.
    • Enter this command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Marilou Ser, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

After updating my computer to windows 10 it now shows my account as administrator which is...

1. After updating my computer to windows 10 it now shows my account as administrator which is... - Similar Threads - updating computer shows

2. My computer doesn't show my wifi network after updating to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer doesn't show my wifi network after updating to Windows 10.: Hi,I recently updated my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my wifi network won't show up in the available networks section. I can see my neighbours wifi but my own has disappeared. However, when I scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, a network titled...
  3. My computer doesn't show my wifi network after updating to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer doesn't show my wifi network after updating to Windows 10.: Hi,I recently updated my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my wifi network won't show up in the available networks section. I can see my neighbours wifi but my own has disappeared. However, when I scroll all the way to the bottom of the list, a network titled...
  4. My computer doesn't show my wifi network after updating to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pc is not showing my administrator account.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc is not showing my administrator account.: My pc is not showing my administrator account. So I had stuck in login screen.please reply to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-not-showing-my-administrator-account/52cf0747-0e7b-4253-8513-0dcea9f9e6c6
  6. Added an adult user to my account, now showing it is both Administrator and child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Added an adult user to my account, now showing it is both Administrator and child account: Hope the title wasn't confusing. I added my son on my pc, as an administrator. However when I changed it from a child account to an administrator account, it now says he is both an administrator and a child. He is 30 y/o, he's not a child. When I was going through the options...
  7. Remove an account which is Administrator in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove an account which is Administrator in Windows 10: I have accidentally created another user account as administrator as Pic 1 and when I tried to go control panel/user accounts/remove user accounts and selecting the "Administrator account" but I don't see a delete button there as in Pic 2. I'm using Windows 10 and my original...
  8. There is another account on my computer which does not show up in the "Family & other...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is another account on my computer which does not show up in the "Family & other...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/supreme_papi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gplwla/there_is_another_account_on_my_computer_which/
  9. After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account: After current update, my settings are all changed, my administrator account is now a local account and I can't change back to administrator. I receive notifications on every setting change with only NO as answer and requiring admin sign in ????? What are all these settings...
  10. updated my computer and now cant activate my windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updated my computer and now cant activate my windows 10: Bought my computer from Geek.wish.com a couple months ago. Was having problems with the OS so decided to start with a clean version of windows. When my computer turned back on after the update it said I needed to activate windows. I went into activation in settings and did...