Windows 10: After updating my laptop, all my files were delete without a trace.

Discus and support After updating my laptop, all my files were delete without a trace. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am a high school student and I just updated windows last night and for some strange reason ALL of my files were deleted without a single trace of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anthony C_584, Sep 11, 2020.

1. After updating my laptop, all my files were delete without a trace.

I am a high school student and I just updated windows last night and for some strange reason ALL of my files were deleted without a single trace of where they've gone. This worries me because I had several school documents and family pictures on it. Could I get an explanation as to why they were deleted? or even how to get them back would be nice. Anyway, have a nice day!

:)

Anthony C_584, Sep 11, 2020

2. Files ZAM.. try to delete but files remain. These are TRACE files

I try to delete ZAM... files but they remain. These are trace files. administrator ID?

walterpertuch1, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Traces

Trace malware is a detection which typically indicates harmless pieces of leftovers also known
    as remnants (registry keys, file fragments, folders) generally found after cleaning a previous malware infection. Traces are typically useless and not dangerous since the primary malicious file(s) has been removed. A
    Malware.Trace detection is just another name used by Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware and other security vendors for trace malware.

Performing the scans suggested by
    José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO should remove most of them.

quietman7 - MVP, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

After updating my laptop, all my files were delete without a trace.

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

After updating my laptop, all my files were delete without a trace.

1. After updating my laptop, all my files were delete without a trace. - Similar Threads - updating laptop files

2. Why did CTRL+Z delete my file folder without a trace?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did CTRL+Z delete my file folder without a trace?: I was attempting to undo an action in InDesign, but had mistakenly selected my file folder that I was pulling files from into my project. Apparently, pressing CTRL Z in the file explorer deletes whatever is selected, and since I went into InDesign after deleting this, CTRL Y...
  3. Why did CTRL+Z delete my file folder without a trace?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did CTRL+Z delete my file folder without a trace?: I was attempting to undo an action in InDesign, but had mistakenly selected my file folder that I was pulling files from into my project. Apparently, pressing CTRL Z in the file explorer deletes whatever is selected, and since I went into InDesign after deleting this, CTRL Y...
  4. My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files were deleted after repairing corrupt files: Awhile ago, a couple folders on my flash drive were corrupted after I unplugged it from a Chromebook without ejecting it. At the time I did not know removing flash drives without ejecting could corrupt data. Most of the files were not damaged too badly, like ones having...
  5. All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program

All my files were deleted after uninstalling a program: So I had this program called BleachBit and I uninstalled it using an uninstaller called IObit Uninstaller. After I uninstalled the program, everything else from my system was also deleted. The wallpaper on my desktop turned black as if the wallpaper was deleted, the files on...
  6. All of my files were deleted...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my files were deleted...: I fired up my laptop this morning and every file had been moved to the recycle bin. Some files I had already permanently deleted were restored and several files, despite appearing available in my recycle bin, indicate that they no longer exist. Does anyone have some insight...
  7. my wan miniports were all deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my wan miniports were all deleted: ok, so i was trying to configure a gamecube controller adapter for my pc, and i installed something called zadig to install drivers for the adapter. I had the adapter plugged in and i clicked on something that appeared to be the name for the it, and replaced the drivers....
  8. All my files were deleted after Windows 10 update.

All my files were deleted after Windows 10 update.: After an Windows update last night I discovered that all my files on my C: drive were gone. At first I could not even log in on my account. Which is odd beacuse I don't use a password on my user profile since I am the only one using this computer. I restared the computer but...
  9. Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted

Windows Update: all of my files including my downloads and pictures were removed/deleted: I just updated and restarted my computer last night and when I went to login, it kept repeating the same error message. When I was finally able to login, I noticed that my background screen had changed to a normal windows blue screen. Thinking this was weird, I went to my...
  10. Update deleted all my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update deleted all my files: Hi, I went to turn my computer on, and my computer began to install updates. When it finally finished, all of my files were deleted. Everything. I tried to restore it, but there is no restore point data either. How do I get all my information back? Thanks! Caitlyn...