Windows 10: After updating nVidia drivers and Windows 10, 2/3 monitors stopped working

Discus and support After updating nVidia drivers and Windows 10, 2/3 monitors stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use GeForce 1050 Ti which have 3 ports for display (DVI, HDMI, DP). Main monitor is on DP, secondary is on DVI and TV is on HDMI. After update of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gera013, Jul 17, 2020.

1. After updating nVidia drivers and Windows 10, 2/3 monitors stopped working

I use GeForce 1050 Ti which have 3 ports for display (DVI, HDMI, DP). Main monitor is on DP, secondary is on DVI and TV is on HDMI. After update of both GPU drivers and Windows, only main monitor worked and DVI and HDMI didn't ("No Signal" it says). I tried to reinstall old GPU drivers, reinstalled Windows and still nothing. When I go to display settings and click "Detect" multiple displays, it cant find any..

Can anybody give me some possible solution?

submitted by /u/Gera013
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gera013, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Wensi Li Win User

Nvidia driver fails to load after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

I have 2 display adapters and 3 monitors. Yesterday I installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. After that only one adapter and 2 monitors work.

Then I downloaded and installed newest Nvidia driver. After the installation finished, I got "fail to load driver error". And then system switched to windows default driver. Then I only got one monitor working.

Wensi Li, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update

So yesterday windows 10 decided to do a big update, the one where it reinstalls the os.

Everything seemed fine, but then I realized that my 2 monitor setup stopped working. It was set as "duplicate" where monitor 2 was the main display and 1 was the secondary.

In DISPLAY SETTINGS I tried to set it back to duplicate or extend or show only on 1 (it shows only on 2) bit with no success:

It looks loke windows is doing that and it pops up the regular "do you want to keep settings or revert" thingy, but it actually just leaves monitor 2 as the only display.

Also, the "make this my main diaplay" is grayed out.

I tried installing new latest nvidia deiver using DDU, rolling back to older driver, nothing changed. Only thing helping is plugging out the cable of one of the diaplays. Then i can get the one that i want to work and exchange if I want by plugging out
    the other cable. What now???

add
    edit
    report_problem

Posted 12 hours ago
    After updating nVidia drivers and Windows 10, 2/3 monitors stopped working 2c65fabc-78a2-4a5a-8972-3521a7f499f5.jpg

AviAssayag, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Hood Win User

After updating nVidia drivers and Windows 10, 2/3 monitors stopped working

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Thema:

After updating nVidia drivers and Windows 10, 2/3 monitors stopped working

1. After updating nVidia drivers and Windows 10, 2/3 monitors stopped working - Similar Threads - updating nVidia drivers

2. Monitors stopped working after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors stopped working after a Windows update: Hello!I did a windows update a few days ago and now one of my monitors refuses to work.It started with 2 of my monitors.Here is what I tried to trouble shoot:- restarting the PC- swapped cables, the same monitor didn't work.- went into display setting and advanced settings,...
  3. Monitors stopped working after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors stopped working after a Windows update: Hello!I did a windows update a few days ago and now one of my monitors refuses to work.It started with 2 of my monitors.Here is what I tried to trouble shoot:- restarting the PC- swapped cables, the same monitor didn't work.- went into display setting and advanced settings,...
  4. Monitors stopped working after a Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. After radeon driver was updated, dual monitors feature stopped working

After radeon driver was updated, dual monitors feature stopped working: Now the display settings shows just one monitor though I am using two monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-radeon-driver-was-updated-dual-monitors/2d8bf9f3-66f6-440b-838d-57f948a55fa7
  6. after updating drivers, monitor is not working

after updating drivers, monitor is not working: After updating my GPU drivers, my computer stopped recognizing the monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-drivers-monitor-is-not-working/48d41498-596e-462e-b776-2a882baca5ca
  7. Windows 10 has stopped recognizing 2 of my 3 monitors

Windows 10 has stopped recognizing 2 of my 3 monitors: After again re-installing the proper drivers, event viewer showed and event: Error 411 Kernel-PnP Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_731F&SUBSYS_2398148C&REV_C1\6&7d2fb39&0&00000008 had a problem starting. Driver Name: oem27.inf Class Guid:...
  8. Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?

Any 2/3 monitors work, but not all 3 at once?: After a forced windows update last night I have been encountering an extremely strange problem with my triple monitor setup. I have been running triple monitors for months without issue. However as of this morning, I can only get 2/3 of my monitors to work at one time. I can...
  9. 3 Monitor stopped working today

3 Monitor stopped working today: Hi when I got to work and today my computer stopped working with the 2 additional monitors, I opened display settings and it detected both additional monitors but would not display anything on them. I disconnected both and when I reconnected the first on it worked but when I...
  10. Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor stopped working after windows 10 update: So yesterday windows 10 decided to do a big update, the one where it reinstalls the os. Everything seemed fine, but then I realized that my 2 monitor setup stopped working. It was set as "duplicate" where monitor 2 was the main display and 1 was the secondary. In DISPLAY...